Texas Fishing Forum

Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations

Posted By: Mark Perry

Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 09:37 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/ny-...talizations-are-people-staying-home.html
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 09:44 PM

Data is junk until you agree with it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jeezy

I don't trust much of it from any side.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 09:52 PM

But I thought everyone was catching it from the boat ramps?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 10:12 PM

No way I am staying home now
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

Why? All data is dumb. Scientists are evil liars. Plus, that’s an NBC affiliated link. Fake news, amirite?
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 10:37 PM

Maybe sheltering in place allows your immune system to weaken, then the least exposure is more deadly.
So I have heard some immunologist say.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 10:57 PM

Why? All data is dumb. Scientists are evil liars. Plus, that’s an NBC affiliated link. Fake news, amirite?

You are learning!
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/06/20 11:30 PM

I don't need no fact check'n to tell me to leave the house.
My wife tells me all the time
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 12:09 AM

flehan

Story from the other side of the country said 90% of new infections were persons still going to work deemed essential.
Go figure.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 12:12 AM

Hang around with all the smart conservatives on this site and that will help you figure a lot out buddy! Their brains are not messed up so much, even if they had a college degree, which ruins most. :-)
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Icepick

flehan

Story from the other side of the country said 90% of new infections were persons still going to work deemed essential.
Go figure.

And the “Experts” stated this would happen.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 12:29 AM

I am at home while I have an essential job. I am in a high risk category and I take care of a high risk person.
My employer allows anyone who is at risk to stay home.

I think when you understand that most retired people are stay at home and add in all the people who are in the danger zone because of age and underlying conditions, 66% is high but I don't know how many people who are in the danger zones are still working. If 90% of all the people who are categorized as at risk are allowed to stay home that would increase the percentages.

Early on they said that 75% of all hospitalized patients were over 54 years old. That was before they had any stay at home orders in early March. Most younger people don't need to be hospitalized.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 03:30 AM

Must be in the water...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 03:32 AM

juggle juggle juggle
Posted By: balata9999

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 03:58 AM

Friend in NYC was telling me just how few people that live in the apartments have their own laundry machines. Just a guess but I bet that is one source of infections, because people have to wash things still - and in those communal laundry rooms you probably can’t expect to be alone. Her cousin was a doorman in a higher end building and he passed away in early April from it, probably got it from a resident.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 04:05 AM

Posted By: John175☮

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 11:49 AM

Weird stuff. And Dallas has an increase in cases just as the mandatory mask is imposed.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 12:01 PM

Go figure! nuts
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Don Collum
Maybe sheltering in place allows your immune system to weaken, then the least exposure is more deadly.
So I have heard some immunologist say.

I heard some other Dr say the same thing. Makes sense to me.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by balata9999
Friend in NYC was telling me just how few people that live in the apartments have their own laundry machines. Just a guess but I bet that is one source of infections, because people have to wash things still - and in those communal laundry rooms you probably can’t expect to be alone. Her cousin was a doorman in a higher end building and he passed away in early April from it, probably got it from a resident.

Makes sense. Even going downstairs to get the mail would mean going through a high traffic area.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 05:29 PM

Our ED department is getting overrun last few days. Everyone and their cousin is coming in for every pain, ache, etc.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Stay at home people making up most of the new hospitalizations - 05/07/20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by BassFever
Our ED department is getting overrun last few days. Everyone and their cousin is coming in for every pain, ache, etc.

Everyone and their cousin has erectile dysfunction? bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum