Texas Fishing Forum

The Pot Post

Posted By: Jpurdue

The Pot Post - 10/17/18 05:57 PM

Continuing with the topic of the day. I know we've had these before but let's do it again. Two polls:
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:03 PM

Considering this is a Texas Fishing Forum and as of now it is still illegal in Texas...not sure how I would feel about answering a poll like this on the internet.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Urban Fisher
Considering this is a Texas Fishing Forum and as of now it is still illegal in Texas...not sure how I would feel about answering a poll like this on the internet.

then don't pick one. I doubt the internet police will come after you. Also when have we ever talked about fishing in the ot. OT is the last two letters of POT
Posted By: RickS.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:07 PM

Hell medical has been legal here for about two years. Still can't buy any yet.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: RATZ

then don't pick one. I doubt the internet police will come after you. Also when have we ever talked about fishing in the ot. OT is the last two letters of POT

Beer Money...he talks about fishing here...and his name is Beer Money!! (wish my name was pot money, and if it was legal, that is exactly what I'd change my name too)

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12935328/1/Just_caught_this

And come to think of it, what did happen to all the cops that use to post here. I bet they just shook their heads after reading all the pot post and quit the OT.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:12 PM

Beer Money...he talks about fishing here...and his name is Beer Money!! (wish my name was pot money, and if it was legal, that is exactly what I'd change my name too)

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12935328/1/Just_caught_this

And come to think of it, what did happen to all the cops that use to post here. I bet they just shook their heads after reading all the pot post and quit the OT.

they went to the THF. just look for concho.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

they went to the THF. just look for concho.

Do they smoke a lot of pot over there too? The posters, not necessarily the cops.
Posted By: PondFish

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:16 PM

No real option for me... tried it a couple of times in HS (40 years ago) but I found I got a better buzz from beer.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:16 PM

The TFF is a conservative strong hold. Ya'll make me look liberal, and I've never voted for a democrat in my life. What's clear already from this poll is that that there is vast support for legalization. If we have 75% of conservatives saying it's time to legalize, then you know the percentage of liberals is probably even higher.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:26 PM

I don't care about doing it. I want to grow it. I like to grow stuff. If any 5.0's are reading this the shed in my backyard only has lawn equipment in it. I promise.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:31 PM

oh this going to be better than the fish that got away popcorn
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
I don't care about doing it. I want to grow it. I like to grow stuff. If any 5.0's are reading this the shed in my backyard only has lawn equipment in it. I promise.

Only the finest organic program

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
The TFF is a conservative strong hold. Ya'll make me look liberal, and I've never voted for a democrat in my life. What's clear already from this poll is that that there is vast support for legalization. If we have 75% of conservatives saying it's time to legalize, then you know the percentage of liberals is probably even higher.

I never looked at it as a conservative/liberal debate. If anything it's probably the one topic most agree on.
Those against it, will be against it no matter which party they vote for.

I totally agree with Derek...well maybe not so much the part about not doing it, but I would grow it too. To me it would be like home brewed beer or making wine. I would love to try different strains and growing techniques then share samples with friends to enjoy.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:40 PM

I totally agree with Derek...well maybe not so much the part about not doing it, but I would grow it too. To me it would be like home brewed beer or making wine. I would love to try different strains and growing techniques then share samples with friends to enjoy.

I like your thoughts on this ....... friend.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: RickS.

I never looked at it as a conservative/liberal debate. If anything it's probably the one topic most agree on.

Republicans like to legislate vise. I look at it thru a libertarian lens. less government is better government.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:43 PM

coolio
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:45 PM

Didn't you post something about growing "vegetables" at home using hydroponics?
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:48 PM

Wont happen in my life time. After seeing several of my buddies from southeast Asia. I made my decision. Dont knock it till you try it.
How corning was that comment?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

Yup, actively doing it now and I really enjoy it! I live in a small apartment and it is the only way I can enjoy gardening (though on a very small scale). I have been enjoying some fresh grown lettuce and I have a nice tomato plant that is getting big, just no tomatoes yet (the joys of indoor growing, I don't have to worry about seasons). But if I could legally grow weed...I would in a heart beat.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 07:35 PM

And I am not making this up. If I click on the advertisement that shows on my screen to the left, below is the website. Also it is so funny to see legit commercials on YouTube that advertise the latest LED's for commercial cannabis production. Never thought I would see commercials like that 10+ years ago! But I guess it gives you an idea of what I watch a lot of on YouTube (and what I shop for online). I do enjoy learning all the latest technology when it comes to hydroponics and indoor growing, but I do admit a huge percentage of what is available online is all about growing weed. But I don't mind, now that it is legal in many places, the technology of indoor gardening is advancing like crazy and many of the prices for the lights and such needed have actually dropped quite a bit.

https://www.blackdogled.com/?utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=adroll&utm_campaign=Adgroup7a

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

Yup, actively doing it now and I really enjoy it! I live in a small apartment and it is the only way I can enjoy gardening (though on a very small scale). I have been enjoying some fresh grown lettuce and I have a nice tomato plant that is getting big, just no tomatoes yet (the joys of indoor growing, I don't have to worry about seasons). But if I could legally grow weed...I would in a heart beat.

what are you using? my wife is very interested.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 07:46 PM

That's kind of an open ended question. There are many aspects to hydroponics and indoor growing/gardening. I'm using an LED grow light and storage bins bought at Wal Mart for my reservoirs (pots). But it would be also very easy (and inexpensive) to set up a small countertop herb garden or a microgreens garden.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 07:54 PM

That's kind of an open ended question. There are many aspects to hydroponics and indoor growing/gardening. I'm using an LED grow light and storage bins bought at Wal Mart for my reservoirs (pots). But it would be also very easy (and inexpensive) to set up a small countertop herb garden or a microgreens garden.

that's what she wants. if nothing else, to grow cilantro.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 08:02 PM

I've been wanting pot roast and thought it was what the thread was about.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 08:03 PM

Ok, one more post on this and I am done. I do believe hydroponics and aquaponics is a very viable way for future food production. As we develop more and more land, sooner or later there won't be as much around for growing the World's supply of food. Hydroponics (and aquaponics) is so much more efficient and actually reduces water usage by like 95%. Think about how much food is shipped across seas to supply each country with fresh vegetables. Do you think they actually farm is Dubai? But I have seen articles about ideas and plans to make huge sky scrapper sized green houses that will be built solely to grow vegetables (in Dubai). I would love to move to some small Caribbean Island, set up a decent sized hydroponic farm and supply the local restaurants and resorts with my fresh, local grown produce. Hydroponics does not require quality soil to grow in, in fact it doesn't require any soil at all!
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 08:12 PM

According the poll, about a third of the OT is lit right now...but I guess we didn't need a poll to determine that.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 08:15 PM

I'm on a diet, and now all you sumbiches have me craving brownies!! splat

smile

Re: The Pot Post - 10/17/18 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Urban Fisher
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

that's what she wants. if nothing else, to grow cilantro.

Bob, I would suggest something as simple as the below. Its a full spectrum light (easy on the eyes) that can be mounted under a cabinet. Just put spacers between the fixture and the wood its mounted to. The panel the LEDs are mounted to is actually the heat sink and needs some airflow around it (though it doesnt get very hot). Also I would start in pots with soil. For what she wants, hydroponics maybe a bit much. Only difference is the pots with soil may attract knats whereas hydroponics wont. This light is around $20, uses very little electricity and honestly will pay for itself with the fresh herbs she can grow.

Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: PondFish
No real option for me... tried it a couple of times in HS (40 years ago) but I found I got a better buzz from beer.

the pot 40 yrs ago & the pot today are worlds apart
if you got near 10% thc in the 70's , that was the best pot around
nowadys they are getting over 50% thc and that my friend will kick your [censored] far more than any beer
i dont smoke it anymore because it is too strong, if I could find a strain that mimiced what I had in 72 I would
all you prospective growers note that California & COlorado are light years ahead of you and this aint no back yard game
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass Bug

nowadys they are getting over 50% thc and that my friend will kick your [censored] far more than any beer
i dont smoke it anymore because it is too strong, if I could find a strain that mimiced what I had in 72 I would
all you prospective growers note that California & COlorado are light years ahead of you and this aint no back yard game

Just take 1 hit instead of 5.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:43 AM

So no more creeper?
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:50 AM

Sure .... Keep telling yourself that lie. Our Gov and LT Gov are all for it. My Arse. I don't really care except the people in prison for getting caught with it here. That is a money maker. Prison for weed .... a joke.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass

Sure .... Keep telling yourself that lie. Our Gov and LT Gov are all for it. My Arse. I don't really care except the people in prison for getting caught with it here. That is a money maker. Prison for weed .... a joke.

Reading comprehension is hard for you

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Westside.

Reading comprehension is hard for you

OMG Nope... and you live with your Mother. So it will be legal in TX when?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:24 AM

I actually read the pot growers forums for tips for my vegetable garden a lot. The pot growers are soil and fertilizer nerds like I've never seen. Not to mention plant fungus/diseases and a number of other growing subjects. They know their chit and it works well applying it to just about any plant application IMO.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:26 AM

You were dropped as a baby weren't you?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:26 AM

It will be awhile, 5 years or so IMO, I agree with Rick that this issue crosses all political boundaries, say hi to your mother Trebek
Posted By: Trickster

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:27 AM

I thought this was a Pot Roast thread. So Sad.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:28 AM

I tried it about 40 years ago ( did not inhale ) wink really was not into it, lots of my friends were, I think they should just legalize it, it would cut down on a bunch of corruption.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:28 AM

You were dropped as a baby weren't you?

From the guy that thinks weed isn't political. Have a very nice day in the rust belt.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:29 AM

Im still not sure why everything has to be so contentious with you. Can you have a normal, calm conversation without coming off as pissed at the world all the time? Its just not that serious.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Im still not sure why everything has to be so contentious with you. Can you have a normal, calm conversation without coming off as pissed at the world all the time? Its just not that serious.

Unless you are serving a life sentence for weed. Many people are. Sorry you don't think that is rational.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:38 AM

I'll be glad when the weather changes and we get back to fishing so we can get some fishing reports up in here. Kinda funny really, we got 2 pot threads, mega million, duck boat, clich and several flood threads but nada fishing threads. grin

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I'll be glad when the weather changes and we get back to fishing so we can get some fishing reports up in here. Kinda funny really, we got 2 pot threads, mega million, duck boat, clich and several flood threads but nada fishing threads. grin

Um, your in the ot. noidea
Posted By: patriot07

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:40 AM

It should be legalized for medical use and enforced prohibition for recreational use, rather than the un-enforced criminal status it has now.

We kill 10,000 people a year on the roads due to drunk drivers. There is no sane argument for increasing that number so people can get high legally. Give people the medical help they need and tell everyone else to be responsible and worry more about contributing to society than getting high.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:49 AM

This October is nothing. I can't give up my sources, but there is supporting evidence of an El Nino Modoki setting in for November. Say your prayers, and take your vitamins, because hell it coming. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:01 AM

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:01 AM

This October is nothing. I can't give up my sources, but there is supporting evidence of an El Nino Modoki setting in for November. Say your prayers, and take your vitamins, because hell it coming. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

El Nino Modoki
I think that was the girls name that I met in Mexico once, hmmm.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:05 AM

El Nino Modoki

No, that one was crabmonia, the one that left you itching so much.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:07 AM

Well then, I guess my post was off topic in the off topic thread, lol I mean roflmao

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:11 AM

El Nino Modoki

No, that one was crabmonia, the one that left you itching so much.

We only met that's all. She was selling umbrellas on the beach in Mexico City. thumb
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:14 AM

cheers cheers cheers

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:31 AM

El Nino Modoki

It's all fun and games to joke about the Modoki, until it happens. You've been warned. Govern yourself accordingly.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Unless you are serving a life sentence for weed. Many people are. Sorry you don't think that is rational.

Thanks for proving my point. Why do you feel the need to come off the top rope or derail every thread? Your response to Rick was not rational but was very contentious. And it was contentious for no reason.

You think everyone has a problem with you, but it seems like you have a problem with everyone else. The ratio of locked or deleted threads appears to skyrocket when you get involved.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by fish4bass

Seriously? This has been absurd for a long time now.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:16 AM

Nobody is serving a life sentence for weed. Do some research instead of listening to MSNBC talking points. NO ONE. The folks in prison for weed were repeatedly convicted with intent to distribute or selling illegally AND they have a rap sheet of other charges to go with it.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis

Nobody is serving a life sentence for weed. Do some research instead of listening to MSNBC talking points. NO ONE. The folks in prison for weed were repeatedly convicted with intent to distribute or selling illegally AND they have a rap sheet of other charges to go with it.

don't use facts he doesn't get it

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 08:33 AM

[/quote]

From the guy that thinks weed isn't political. Have a very nice day in the rust belt. [/quote]

Pay attention dumb ***.
When it comes to legalization of marijuana. The VOTERS on both sides seem to be in agreement. Nowhere did I mention POLITICIANS. That's just you making **** up in your feeble little mind. Combine that with your uncontrollable need to start **** with anyone and everyone, and here we are.

Oh and unlike you. I have a good day wherever I am. I don't live a miserable existence like you do.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 11:35 AM

El Nino Modoki

It's all fun and games to joke about the Modoki, until it happens. You've been warned. Govern yourself accordingly.

El Nino Modoki is for others to worry about, not me. See below.

El Nio Modoki is a coupled ocean-atmosphere phenomenon in the tropical Pacific. It is different from another coupled phenomenon in the tropical Pacific namely, El Nio. Conventional El Nio is characterized by strong anomalous warming in the eastern equatorial Pacific (see figure below). Whereas, El Nio Modoki is associated with strong anomalous warming in the central tropical Pacific and cooling in the eastern and western tropical Pacific (see figure below). Associated with this distinct warming and cooling patterns the teleconnections are very different from teleconnection patterns of the conventional El Nio. Hence, the new phenomenon is of interest to the climate community.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07

We kill 10,000 people a year on the roads due to drunk drivers. There is no sane argument for increasing that number so people can get high legally.

So I assume you are 100% in support of gun control then right? Same exact logic can be applied there.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:34 PM

F4B, as much as I hate to sound unappreciative of you allowing me to live rent free inside your mind. Please evict me. The accommodations are less than steller. For starters. It's such a tiny space. I've been in bathrooms that were bigger. It's so poorly lit in there. Some might use the term dim. It's almost impossible to tell what is really going on inside there. I think there is some serious Deliverance/Hill have eyes type **** going on in there.
Also I think it's haunted. All I can ever hear is what sounds like the voices of hundreds of teenage girls all synched up on the menstrual cycles. And you should seriously do something about the stench of raw sewage. It's unbearable.
Rent free or not. It's just not worthy of a positive review.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Jack
From the guy that thinks weed isn't political. Have a very nice day in the rust belt.

Pay attention dumb ***.
When it comes to legalization of marijuana. The VOTERS on both sides seem to be in agreement. Nowhere did I mention POLITICIANS. That's just you making **** up in your feeble little mind. Combine that with your uncontrollable need to start **** with anyone and everyone, and here we are.

Oh and unlike you. I have a good day wherever I am. I don't live a miserable existence like you do.

Rick, I had to clean that up a little, it was bugging me. Oh and.....

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:49 PM

Thanks Jay. It was early and that many quotes is a PITA.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:54 PM

Nice job, rick

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 12:56 PM

Thanks Jay. It was early and that many quotes is a PITA.

No worries

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:00 PM

clap
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Trickster

I like mine with banana peppers and mushrooms please.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn

bannana peppers and mushrooms hmmm what happened to taters and carrots ?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Nickbyrd

bannana peppers and mushrooms hmmm what happened to taters and carrots ?

Mushrooms are awesome in pot roast. I'm not a fan of cooked banana peppers. But I am a fan of Kat's recipes. The lady can cook. At least the ones we have tried at home. So chances are it's pretty dang good.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:30 PM

How many families have to be torn apart or die from someone being strung out on weed before we do something?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:43 PM

Apparently some people dont understand that you can be under the influence of THC and get into an auto accident, just as easily as someone who is under the influence of alcohol.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: soggybottom
How many families have to be torn apart or die from someone being strung out on weed before we do something?

It brought my family together. peep

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:44 PM

How many families have to be torn apart by alcohol before we pass prohibition!

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:44 PM

It brought my family together. peep

I hope everyone recovers.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 02:55 PM

Lots of things going on in this country that's worse than pot. Some of them are running for office in a couple of weeks. oops I forgot, no politics.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:04 PM

I'm pretty sure Soggy is just joking y'all. But maybe not.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:06 PM

Lots of things going on in this country that's worse than pot. Some of them are running for office in a couple of weeks. oops I forgot, no politics.

No no no. That belongs over on that growing and fertilizer thread. Spread some of that over where UF is trying to grow "lettuce"

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:07 PM

does anyone here put mustard on pot roast?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:11 PM

The wife puts ketchup like a ******* Savage.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:12 PM

Mustard is awesome on a pot roast sandwich or roast beef sandwich.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:14 PM

I made some weed butter and then made carmels, man, I take one carmel and I sleep like a baby.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

Yes, mustard and/or horseradish
Posted By: Jon

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Soggy is just joking y'all. But maybe not.

Quote:
When a statement is "tongue in cheek" it is ironic, slyly humorous; it is not meant to be taken seriously, however its sarcasm is subtle.

Though not meant to be taken seriously, it is not overt joking or kidding around, it is "gently poking fun". A "tongue in cheek" statement may have a double meaning, some sort of inuendo or is witty in some way, particularly to the speaker. The tone or the context of the statement may make it to be taken seriously by the listener.

Tongue in Cheek
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:30 PM

The wife puts ketchup like a ******* Savage.

Dude I opened the wife's glove box the other day and there were like 45 ketchup packs in there. I'm like I think you might have problem.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx

Yes, mustard and/or horseradish

Or spicy mustard.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:31 PM

learn something new every day.
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:48 PM

Apparently some people don’t understand that you can be under the influence of THC and get into an auto accident, just as easily as someone who is under the influence of alcohol.

That's why I'm not in favor of legalization until we have a way to show someone is currently under the influence, like we do with alcohol.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: nethingthatbites
Apparently some people don’t understand that you can be under the influence of THC and get into an auto accident, just as easily as someone who is under the influence of alcohol.

That's why I'm not in favor of legalization until we have a way to show someone is currently under the influence, like we do with alcohol.

I can agree with that. A DUI is a DUI regardless of the substance.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 03:55 PM

Since everyone is in favor of comparing pot to alcohol...And federal laws as stiff as the moonshining laws.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:08 PM

Legalization isn't going to change any of that. People who already smoke and drive will continue to do it. Those who don't will still not do it. No different than people who drink.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: John175

Since everyone is in favor of comparing pot to alcohol...And federal laws as stiff as the moonshining laws.

It's all about revenue. If the feds aren't getting a cut of the profit, it's illegal. No way to keep track of ole Clem up in the hills making moonshine. Just like there is no way to keep track of people growing in their house or on their property.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:16 PM

It's all about revenue. If the feds aren't getting a cut of the profit, it's illegal. No way to keep track of ole Clem up in the hills making moonshine. Just like there is no way to keep track of people growing in their house or on their property.

I guess that's one way to look at it. Is that the same reason I can't have a machine gun without paying the Feds?
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:21 PM

I read the other day that alcohol sales have dropped dramatically in Colorado after legalization of Pot. Seems like the DUI rate would go down as well.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Frenzy
I read the other day that alcohol sales have dropped dramatically in Colorado after legalization of Pot. Seems like the DUI rate would go down as well.

But it's ok. No worse than drinking.

"At least 642 people died from Colorado auto accidents in 2017, a 42 percent increase from 2010, according to figures released by the Colorado Department of Transportation on Feb. 12, 2018. The agency compiles statistics from the Colorado State Patrol, local sheriffs offices, police departments, and coroners offices. Some results take added time as officials await toxicology reports on drivers suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crashes.

Those toxicology results are playing an increasing role as Colorado public safety and transportation officials try to make sense of the rising mortality of driving in this state.

Impaired driving played a role in 238 (37 percent) of the 642 deaths last year, the statistics show. Year-to-year comparisons of such figures can be tricky because of changes in testing methods and investigators efforts to test living and dead drivers. Nevertheless, they show a remarkably consistent and substantial effect of drugs and alcohol:"

https://www.danielrrosen.com/colorado-2017-car-accident-death-count-swells/

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:25 PM

I guess that's one way to look at it. Is that the same reason I can't have a machine gun without paying the Feds?

It's not cheap to own one that's for sure.
What would be your thinking behind the comparison of moonshine and weed.(found a new song idea)
I ask sincerely. Interested in your opinion. Mainly because you are opposed to it. I would like a better understanding of your perspective.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Frenzy

But it's ok. No worse than drinking.

"At least 642 people died from Colorado auto accidents in 2017, a 42 percent increase from 2010, according to figures released by the Colorado Department of Transportation on Feb. 12, 2018. The agency compiles statistics from the Colorado State Patrol, local sheriffs offices, police departments, and coroners offices. Some results take added time as officials await toxicology reports on drivers suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crashes.

Those toxicology results are playing an increasing role as Colorado public safety and transportation officials try to make sense of the rising mortality of driving in this state.

Impaired driving played a role in 238 (37 percent) of the 642 deaths last year, the statistics show. Year-to-year comparisons of such figures can be tricky because of changes in testing methods and investigators efforts to test living and dead drivers. Nevertheless, they show a remarkably consistent and substantial effect of drugs and alcohol:"

https://www.danielrrosen.com/colorado-2017-car-accident-death-count-swells/

But do these studies ever include the massive influx of new Colorado residents. People flocked there after the legalization. It would only seem natural that with more people, there will be an increase of things like this.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:34 PM

Mainly because you are opposed to it.

Not opposed to it at all. It's against the law. Do the hard work of changing Federal law then do the hard work of changing the State laws.

Some reason people want to change State laws without changing the Federal laws.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:36 PM

Not opposed to it at all. It's against the law. Do the hard work of changing Federal law then do the hard work of changing the State laws.

won't work. It has to be changed nationally.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:37 PM

There have been on going efforts to change federal laws. I actually believe we are very close to them at least removing it from being a schedule 1 narcotic.
We should all be able to agree that having it listed with heroin and cocaine is ridiculous.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:42 PM

There have been on going efforts to change federal laws. I actually believe we are very close to them at least removing it from being a schedule 1 narcotic.
We should all be able to agree that having it listed with heroin and cocaine is ridiculous.

you would think.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:48 PM

So how much does an oz. of pot cost in states that have legalized it?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird

$10 - $25/gram. There are 28 grams in an oz.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 04:57 PM

Wow inflation! Mexican weed available at $10-$15 an oz. in the 70's/80's.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:00 PM

Wow inflation! Mexican weed available at $10-$15 an oz. in the 70's/80's.

This ain't your old timey hippie lettuce. Today's weed is pretty dang good.
You can still get that dirt weed. But once you have tried some of the new strains. The dirt weed won't compare in flavor or high.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:02 PM

this isn't your fathers weed.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:03 PM

The new trend is the distillates. Vape pens basically. With those you are looking at in some cases 90% THC

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:04 PM

My son would disagree peep

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:19 PM

you would think.

I agree. We are so close that a real initiative needs to be made to reduce the prohibition.

There will always be some restrictions but I do feel potency can be measured and handled like homebrew beer versus hard alcohol laws.

Neither side will get everything they want but then again do they ever?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:22 PM

Respect John. I honestly have thought all this time that you were blindly opposed. Nothing personal. Just the impression that I have gotten with all the different threads on the subject. thumb

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:25 PM

Respect John. I honestly have thought all this time that you were blindly opposed. Nothing personal. Just the impression that I have gotten with all the different threads on the subject. thumb

he's getting soft in his old age.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:29 PM

Smoke some of that and there is no way you are going to look for or be able to find your car keys.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:33 PM

he's getting soft in his old age.
Actually I am greatly opposed to people pushing the narrative without pointing out it is illegal. Careers and futures can be derailed by the "No worse than drinking" farce.

Dealers are another story. No penalty is enough because you are no longer "only harming yourself."
Posted By: nethingthatbites

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:37 PM

Legalization isn't going to change any of that. People who already smoke and drive will continue to do it. Those who don't will still not do it. No different than people who drink.

So are you saying that the penalties for DUI/DWI do nothing to deter anyone? Or is it that we should get rid of DUI/DWI laws because they don't make a difference? Either way I disagree.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:42 PM

I'm saying some people it would deter. Some it won't. DUI laws deter me every time I go out drinking. I know several people DUI laws don't deter. Even after being caught it still doesn't deter them.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:46 PM

Actually I am greatly opposed to people pushing the narrative without pointing out it is illegal. Careers and futures can be derailed by the "No worse than drinking" farce.[/quote]

I don't think there are any cannabis consumers who are confused about the legality of it in there region. It can be factually shown to be less dangerous than Alcohol. Google is your friend. Have at it.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:51 PM

I think (could be wrong) what John is saying. Is getting caught can have an effect on a person's career/job. Which he's not wrong in most cases. Not to mention all the other headaches that come with it. Like fines, probation, attorney fees and so on.
As for harmful to the body. It's not worse by any means than alcohol.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:53 PM

I got high, and forgot I wasnt supposed to get high. Ricky Williams / Running Back for Miami Dolphins

sarcastic

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 05:57 PM

Re: The Pot Post - 10/18/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: rj74955

Smoke some of that and there is no way you are going to look for or be able to find your car keys.

Excellent, that's a GOOD side effect.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/19/18 01:22 AM

I used to love South Park
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: The Pot Post - 10/19/18 03:47 AM

cheers
Posted By: CCTX

Re: The Pot Post - 10/19/18 09:39 AM

Plenty of material and medical uses for the plant
Posted By: Allison1

Re: The Pot Post - 10/19/18 01:27 PM

I am against legalizing. I'm in the minority.
I do support reclassifying it because it does not fit schedule 1.

Several of the states that have legalized it have seen crime rates and vehicle accident rates go up when compared to states that have not legalized it. Its too early to tell but in time I think that will be born out as a negative to opening up the market for weed.

Plus anyone who thinks the long term problems with weed producing and taxing is going to keep it from being a larger problem are wrong. Criminals do what they can do to make money. Weed, the higher the regulated cost, gives the most incentive for people to grow it illegally. The police will still have as much time invested in regulating this new hypocritical product. I see it as a negative overall. Less productivity in the US from legalizing. The legal business will grow but the illegal trade will grow along with it.
Alcoholic consumption may slow down. I don't know about that one but it sounds logical. People may trade one for the other to some extent.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 12:43 PM

For those wanting pot legalized in TX, just take a trip to any major city in CO. The number of homeless and unemployed pot workers...they are everywhere.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
For those wanting pot legalized in TX, just take a trip to any major city in CO. The number of homeless and unemployed pot workers...they are everywhere.

Just like accidents increasing in Colorado. Factor in the population explosion that happened after they legalized recreational use. More people equals more accidents, homelessness, any other problem that may occur from such a large influx of people.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 01:16 PM

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/

I did not bring up the population growth since 2013 but drivers that tested positive for marijuana use was up 145%. I don't think the population matched that.

It is too cloudy to make precise measurements. Its not to early (I did so before they enacted the law) to draw logical conclusions. Mine was anytime you put more people on the road under the influence, the higher the rate of accidents.
Crime, up, especially juvenile crime. Once you make something socially acceptable more kids use it. Common sense or in Colorado's case, the lack thereof.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Allison1

Several of the states that have legalized it have seen crime rates and vehicle accident rates go up when compared to states that have not legalized it. Its too early to tell but in time I think that will be born out as a negative to opening up the market for weed.

Plus anyone who thinks the long term problems with weed producing and taxing is going to keep it from being a larger problem are wrong. Criminals do what they can do to make money. Weed, the higher the regulated cost, gives the most incentive for people to grow it illegally. The police will still have as much time invested in regulating this new hypocritical product. I see it as a negative overall. Less productivity in the US from legalizing. The legal business will grow but the illegal trade will grow along with it.
Alcoholic consumption may slow down. I don't know about that one but it sounds logical. People may trade one for the other to some extent.

Rare as this may be, I am with you regarding this. Across the US, it is about 60/40 for/ against legalization. Other than neccessary medical use I see no reason for another intoxicant.
Posted By: Cohiba

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 04:14 PM

Interesting Regarding Accidents

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...m=.d5fa320a6b27
Posted By: birddogcatfish

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 04:18 PM

Yep, its terrible

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Cohiba

thumb
Posted By: Bassbayou

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:02 PM

I mostly only like the edibles. Mostly.
Posted By: birddogcatfish

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:04 PM

Numbers are also going to be in accurate due to the amount of persons being more responsible and using ride share apps.
Dope smokers are going to use anything that looks good to try and further their liberal dope smoking agenda

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:04 PM

It's hard to kill someone while sitting at a green light. roflmao

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: birddogcatfish

Numbers are also going to be in accurate due to the amount of persons being more responsible and using ride share apps.
Dope smokers are going to use anything that looks good to try and further their liberal dope smoking agenda

I don't view it as a liberal agenda, I see it as a society as a whole agenda
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:16 PM

What is an unemployed pot worker?

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:30 PM

https://nypost.com/2018/10/20/employees-and-execs-are-failing-drug-tests-at-shocking-rates/
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Westside.
Originally Posted By: birddogcatfish

I don't view it as a liberal agenda, I see it as a society as a whole agenda

Same here. I know folks that vote straight ticket Republican that like to smoke.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis

Rare as this may be, I am with you regarding this. Across the US, it is about 60/40 for/ against legalization. Other than neccessary medical use I see no reason for another intoxicant.

me to. I live in Wyoming and Colorado is already regretting this decision. Crime up a ton and people being killed in car crashes. noting good about people being high regardless of what gets them their. We don't need anything else to dumb down people in general.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 07:53 PM

Canada legalized it. We could be just like Canada.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 08:11 PM

It smells like [censored].
Posted By: Gusick

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 08:29 PM

Medical marijuana needs to be legal.

For party purposes, I can't decide if I'm for it or not. I don't really care.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
It smells like [censored].

Not any more.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 09:27 PM

Not sure about that. I smoked some once that was like schedule 1 millionz.

Re: The Pot Post - 10/21/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: chickenman

Not sure about that. I smoked some once that was like schedule 1 millionz.

The chronic.
Posted By: Streater

Re: The Pot Post - 10/22/18 02:15 PM

It's going to be legal. The science is out there. It's a beneficial plant. It still needs to be regulated like alcohol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum