Texas Fishing Forum

5th grade science project.....

Posted By: Westside.

5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:37 AM

My daughter has to build a robot featuring these forms of energy, mechanical, electrical, light, thermal, and sound, they're allowed to buy a robot kit only for parts. She can use materials from around the house as well, so far she's come up with a shark or spider, y'all got any cool ideas? Remember she's a 10 year old 5th grader
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:41 AM

Everything except thermal sounds easy enough . What do they need to show for this part of the project ?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:45 AM

when I was in 6th grade, someone did their science fair project titled "Why We S---" I don't know who did the project, but they must have gotten a good grade because it sat in the principal's office for over a week. The creator had done some very fine art work. The poster board had diagrams for the entire process from eating the food all the way to his hypothesis...

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: outfishdya
when I was in 6th grade, someone did their science fair project titled "Why We S---" I don't know who did the project, but they must have gotten a good grade because it sat in the principal's office for over a week. The creator had done some very fine art work. The poster board had diagrams for the entire process from eating the food all the way to his hypothesis...

roflmao

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:51 AM

Oh ya, it has to be 3D, no poster boards
Posted By: rj74955

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Westside.

roflmao

roflmao It sat in the principles office for over a week roflmao
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:55 AM

What happened to growing things? Whant whant whaaaa
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 02:18 AM

My wife teaches engineering and robotics.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 02:23 AM

Coffee maker

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 02:26 AM

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx

Lol

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 02:44 AM

The coffee maker is a really good idea, solves the thermal issue
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 02:47 AM

Hippo named Rio that dances on the sand, as she eats people grass.

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 03:14 AM

5th graders working with thermal energy robots
What could go wrong?

Could be a clock boy part 2 type situation
Posted By: Siberman

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
Hippo named Rio that dances on the sand, as she eats people grass.

Just curious . How many Natties did that take ? I might need to switch .

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:34 PM

Here you go

Fill one of these with ice to keep a beverage cool (thermal energy)

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:36 PM

Even easier, get a container of ice, put beverage in it.

Superglue or epoxy the container to the top of a remote control car that makes sounds.
Posted By: COFF

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by collincountytx
Here you go

Fill one of these with ice to keep a beverage cool (thermal energy)

Make one of these with an ice chest and you could deliver beer to everyone at the tailgate. That would be the biggest tailgate invention since the trailer hitch charcoal grill.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Westside.
My daughter has to build a robot featuring these forms of energy, mechanical, electrical, light, thermal, and sound, they're allowed to buy a robot kit only for parts. She can use materials from around the house as well, so far she's come up with a shark or spider, y'all got any cool ideas? Remember she's a 10 year old 5th grader

bolt
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Westside.

Maybe build in an electrical short. When it catches on fire you cover electrical, light, thermal (and sound, when the fire alarms go off) and the added bonus of the smell of burning plastic.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 04:02 PM

Teach her to use Google and she can find stuff like this.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/145874475406614954/?lp=true

https://www.google.com/search?q=build+a+robot+featuring+these+forms+of+energy%2C+mechanical%2C+electrical%2C+light%2C+thermal%2C+and+sound&rlz=1C1LENP_enUS593US770&oq=build+a+robot+featuring+these+forms+of+energy%2C+mechanical%2C+electrical%2C+light%2C+thermal%2C+and+sound&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Posted By: DCmac

Re: 5th grade science project..... - 10/10/18 05:17 PM

Imagine how great that project would have been if it was scratch-and-sniff!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum