Texas Fishing Forum

Spoiled wife

Posted By: Nickbyrd

Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:18 AM

So 1st year anniversary is coming up . Figured 2 nights in kema . Not to bad on the wallet 500 bucks with hotel eats and fun. She wants me to take two days off and spend 3 nights in kema . So Im loosing money and spending more shes not happy and Im pretty ticked . I can afford it I just dont think its wise as far as money . Possible advice or a wise crack to lighten the mood ?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:22 AM

Buy her a blanket with your face on it. Tell her to wrap up in that the 3rd night.

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:23 AM

This is how its going so far ...lol
Posted By: DanDaBald

Who spoiled her ? ? ? ?
Posted By: Beer Money

Change to a cheap motel on I-45. That'll save you a few bucks and just a short drive to Kemah.
Bring quarters for the magic fingers bed.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:24 AM

It was 5 years before she got any kind of vacation after the honeymoon which was $$. Scene control.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:26 AM

You dont like spending money now or missing work, then dont ever have a kid!
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:26 AM

See if Groupon has any deals for that area. Sell your plasma. Show your wife Derek's picture... she'll apologize for getting mad.

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 2 Bee'z
It was 5 years before she got any kind of vacation after the honeymoon which was $$. Scene control.
Thats what Im thinking about . Didnt have a honey moon, I always dont do squat for valentines and Mothers Day all that Jazz cuz Im working non stop . Want to do nice stuff and spoil her I dont mind cuz she spoils me ... just a cheap arse I guess lol

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
You dont like spending money now or missing work, then dont ever have a kid!
I got one . Trying to get ahead and stay that way.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: LoneStarSon
Buy her a blanket with your face on it. Tell her to wrap up in that the 3rd night.

A+ roflmao

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis
Originally Posted By: LoneStarSon

A+ roflmao

I did have a good chuckle over that lone star
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:46 AM

She from Seven Points or Eustace?

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
. No but we like to go party in gun barrel
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Nickbyrd
Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
. No but we like to go party in gun barrel

That's hot. My kinda girl!
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 04:23 AM

WTH is Kema
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 04:23 AM

Thats what Im thinking about . Didnt have a honey moon, I always dont do squat for valentines and Mothers Day all that Jazz cuz Im working non stop . Want to do nice stuff and spoil her I dont mind cuz she spoils me ... just a cheap arse I guess lol

I am stuck with mine 24-7-365. Your milage may vary so do not listen to me lol.
Posted By: Gourdbuster

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 06:26 AM

My first anniversary we sent the kid to my mom's ordered take out and stayed home on the couch just the two of us. Still a great memory.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Pintail711
WTH is Kema

South east of Houston by League City... a tourist place
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 09:28 AM

My first anniversary is on a Saturday at the beginning of football season. She has already been informed that if we do anything it better be on Friday. I tried to tell her to wait until spring but nope. Had to do it in September. She knew the deal.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 10:36 AM

So 1st year anniversary is coming up . Figured 2 nights in kema . Not to bad on the wallet 500 bucks with hotel eats and fun. She wants me to take two days off and spend 3 nights in kema . So Im loosing money and spending more shes not happy and Im pretty ticked . I can afford it I just dont think its wise as far as money . Possible advice or a wise crack to lighten the mood ?

If you can afford it then do it. You're only one year into this thing, and this could buy you some big time points down the road.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 11:00 AM

My 1 year is today, guess what we are doing? Work, the our sons baseball game at 6:30 to about 8:30-9, then home to sleep

Carry on
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 11:17 AM

When this marriage fails in 18 months remember this post.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 11:18 AM

If she spoils you then she deserves to be spoiled!! Go for it!! Happy Wife Happy Life!! dance2
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 11:34 AM

It's one more night. Make her happy. A divorce is going to cost you a lot more.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 11:42 AM

Take advantage of the time you can spend with her. 3 nights and nice dinners go a long way in a relationship from a woman's perspective.

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:02 PM

She woke up rolled over and said sorry . Ha ! I won ,I think ?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:05 PM

Ha, you can never win

The last time you were ahead was just before you said I do
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:06 PM

Been married 15 yrs this past Feb. we had a small wedding on her brothers front porch in Lufkin after that we drove to Tyler and had dinner at Olive Garden with my family and then on to home. Never took a Honeymoon it was right back to work and work we did. If we weren't working our regular jobs we were doing side jobs to make extra money. We bought used cars paid them off, bought a boat paid cash, paid the house of in 12 years took very few trips for our selfs always doing things with family.

Flash forward almost seven years back wife can retire as a teacher and start having fun great we can do it but something's just not right. Three months after her retirement we have test done and yep it's "Alzheimer's" Dr's words to me "I'm sorry". The plan of action we are going to give you these pills they won't stop it and we don't know if they really slow the disease. Now in to this seven years as a care giver and I'm working full time as I'm younger and can't retire yet. All of her pension goes to a care giver and I pay for everything else.

We are alright for now because we worked hard however, I would LOVE to have some more memories! So I say work hard, be cheap, but have FUN, work should always be there.

I say take the extra day then explain to her that we will make the 5, 10, 15, and so forth anniversaries special. Plan for the future and set goals sorry to be so long and a wet blanket just some advise from a 49 year old man take it as you wish.

Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:07 PM

When I first read this I saw all kinds of red flags going up for a high maintenance wife. Then I see you didn't take her on a honeymoon and don't seem to do anything any other time of the year. Quit being a cheap arse and take the lady out for a nice long weekend.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:07 PM

^^^wisdom
Great advice
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:08 PM

popcorn peep
Posted By: jjfox09

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:22 PM

Tell her cover girls dont cry once their face is made.
Posted By: bluecatlakerat

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:46 PM

I don't know your entire situation but there are a few things here that are unclear. If you have no paid vacation at your current job you need to be looking for a better job. You seem like a good hard working guy and if your employer does not appreciate you enough to give you at least week of paid vacation per year there are way better jobs out there. Second, I am one of the happiest stress free people that I know because I work enough to be comfortable but I spend as much time as possible with my wife and kids making memories. Money is just money, the more you make the more you spend it doesn't really matter
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 12:52 PM

"an obnoxiously ridiculious slide show of babys crying . Prayers for both of your health"

smile
Posted By: Cast

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 01:37 PM

Ok. Take her on vacation but dont stay in Kema, its a tourist trap. Go on down to the Galveston la Quinta, its nice enough and youre between Kema and Galveston. Eat at Top Water Grill in San Leon. Roam Kema one day and thatll be enough. Buy some giant shrimp while there and go find a bbq grill to cook them on. Roam Galveston on another day, get some taffy and ice cream. Rent a pole and fish off the pier maybe.

And remember to have fun no matter how much it hurts.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/14/18 02:08 PM

Just remember what ever expectation you set you will be stuck with for a very long time...
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/16/18 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

I like this song has lots of good points One I like is where he says that he should of let her paint the bedroom the color she wanted to
Just don't regret anything, even if you don't want to, that she does cause tomorrow is not promised!! 2cents
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/16/18 10:43 PM

This thread has had me thinking. Sounds like the husband is stressed beyond belief and that his wife wants to spend time with him, which he doesnt realize is a good thing. I dont see her being spoiled, but I do see the OP acting like a baby with his text and responses to her.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/16/18 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat
Just remember what ever expectation you set you will be stuck with for a very long time...

Wisdom
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/17/18 01:58 AM

That would be Kemah.
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/17/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
This thread has had me thinking. Sounds like the husband is stressed beyond belief and that his wife wants to spend time with him, which he doesnt realize is a good thing. I dont see her being spoiled, but I do see the OP acting like a baby with his text and responses to her.

Concur.
Posted By: BASS GURU

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/17/18 06:40 AM

The wrong decision lasts a lifetime. So does the right one. Be her hero.
Posted By: glenls

Re: Spoiled wife - 06/17/18 11:48 AM

She rolled back the other way a grinning. You never win!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum