Texas Fishing Forum

Vacation idea

Posted By: SheldonS

Vacation idea - 06/13/18 10:03 PM

Know anyone who has done this?

Would be at the end of December into January. Fly to Moscow and have a look around for a day. Then take the Trans-Siberian railway to Harbin, China for the ice festival a couple of days. Fly back to the USA through Beijing.

I’d probably stop a time or two to see some sites on the Trans-Siberian route in Russia and Mongolia.

Been researching online. Visas are no problem as I already have one for China but can easily get one in advance for Russia.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Vacation idea - 06/13/18 10:39 PM

Isn’t the Workd Cup in Russia this year?
Starts tomorrow?

Russia will be packed with 3 month vacation Euros

Could be a great time
Posted By: 9094

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 03:42 AM

I saw the trans siberian orchestra once if that helps.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 05:27 AM

I don’t have money like that.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: SheldonS

Would be at the end of December into January. Fly to Moscow and have a look around for a day. Then take the Trans-Siberian railway to Harbin, China for the ice festival a couple of days. Fly back to the USA through Beijing.

I’d probably stop a time or two to see some sites on the Trans-Siberian route in Russia and Mongolia.

Been researching online. Visas are no problem as I already have one for China but can easily get one in advance for Russia.

Seems like a lot of travel time going and returning for just a few days on the ground.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 11:45 AM

Wife's cousin who travels around the world for work took a long weekend to Morocco while working in London. He enjoyed the area and had thought about what your asking about but didn't have time.

His brother is currently in Russia for work.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 12:34 PM

do you really want to go to Russia in mid-winter.....it's gonna be cold like you've never experienced before and probably the scenery is going to be reduced to seeing snow covered fields on the train ride....

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: beartrap
do you really want to go to Russia in mid-winter.....it's gonna be cold like you've never experienced before and probably the scenery is going to be reduced to seeing snow covered fields on the train ride....

I thought that as well until I read more about it. That's a neat time to see Siberia and there are actually things to do. You need to dress properly though.

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider
Originally Posted By: SheldonS

Seems like a lot of travel time going and returning for just a few days on the ground.

It would be about 10 to 12 days. Just the train ride from Moscow to Harbin is like 7 days and 4,700 miles.

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 08:15 PM

Harbin Ice Festival

Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Vacation idea - 06/14/18 08:47 PM

bet its cheaper than climbing Mt Everest
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum