Texas Fishing Forum

Brisket is in the smoker

Posted By: bloo_rainger

Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 09:49 AM

Morning all,

I’ve got to work Monday so I’m doing my cooking today. Should be ready this evening. Fires at 250 meats at 54. Have a good one...
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 10:43 AM

2 Butts here. Temp 235, meat 170
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 11:59 AM

Jealous...
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 12:16 PM

food
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 02:18 PM

I finished a 18.5 hour brisket smoke at 2am this morning. First one on the egg. Not Smokey enough for me. Gonna try another on Monday.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 02:22 PM

I'm firing my smoker up in about an hour. Four slabs of baby backs. Some brats and dogs. And some jerked chicken. The wife made pasta salad, whiskey beans made with Wild Turkey American Honey, deviled eggs. Some kind of cheesecake looking thing. I think some other stuff. The Shiner has been on ice since last night. There's a bottle of TX waiting to be opened.

Disclaimer.
Any post after about 1:00 central may be alcohol inspired.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I finished a 18.5 hour brisket smoke at 2am this morning. First one on the egg. Not Smokey enough for me. Gonna try another on Monday.

Give it a whirl at 275
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 03:18 PM

Layer your wood chunks through the lump. I like to put a few chunks down first on the grate, then a layer of lump, then a layer of wood chunks, repeat until full. When cooking low and slow on the egg, the fire will tend to burn more toward the middle. I like to put them on around midnight, so they will be ready by the following afternoon.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/26/18 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

Layer your wood chunks through the lump. I like to put a few chunks down first on the grate, then a layer of lump, then a layer of wood chunks, repeat until full. When cooking low and slow on the egg, the fire will tend to burn more toward the middle. I like to put them on around midnight, so they will be ready by the following afternoon.

Yep, me too.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Give it a whirl at 275
will do. Thanks!

FYI- I am learning on choice briskets from Kroger. I have a couple primes in the freezer, but not ready to blow an $80 brisket.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

great tip! Thank you!

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Give it a whirl at 275
will do. Thanks!

FYI- I am learning on choice briskets from Kroger. I have a couple primes in the freezer, but not ready to blow an $80 brisket.

Just FYI I’ve been buying primes at Costco for a little over $3/lb and sometimes as low as $2.69/lb.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 03:50 AM

I’ve paid that at Costco too. I also got a whole prime tenderloin that was excellent!
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 11:47 AM

They're on sale at Kroger for $1.69 Right now
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 12:28 PM

Brisket and pork butt on for 11 hrs now, but not before some delicious bacon was done. food

Posted By: chickenman

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 01:30 PM

Briskets are on

Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: chickenman
Briskets are on

I like it! texas
Posted By: CrankNbait

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 03:47 PM

Kroger has choice briskest on sale for 1.27lb. There is a limit of 2. I bought 2.
Posted By: Marc-62

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 03:59 PM

If you are going to spend all that time making the perfect brisket . I would get the perfect brisket to start with "Black Angus 1855" you won't be disappointed.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 05:39 PM

Came out pretty good...

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 05:46 PM

Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: chickenman
Briskets are on

cheers
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 09:04 PM

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 09:19 PM

That slaw looks good!
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 11:18 PM

Brisket looks great bloo.
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 11:23 PM

Some good looking meat posted here
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/27/18 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Gixxer1k

Sure does, and good job posting pics thumb
Posted By: anthonyhicks101

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/28/18 03:17 PM

I bought and will continue to keep a Costco membership just for the easy continuous access to PRIME briskets at good
Prices and PRIME whole tenderloin.
Be aware, I’ve found a PRIME brisket cooks faster than the lower grades. I just pulled what started as a 15lb Prime brisket before trimming , that cooked a little higher than normal (250) and was 203 degrees when I pulled it after 10 hours.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/28/18 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Westside.

Thanks guys!

I finally figured out that I can’t post a picture from my iPad but need to use my iPhone and screen shot my picture.

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/28/18 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bloo_rainger
Originally Posted By: Westside.

Thanks guys!

I finally figured out that I can’t post a picture from my iPad but need to use my iPhone and screen shot my picture.

Save the pic you want to upload to files. Upload the pics from your files folder on the phone.
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: Brisket is in the smoker - 05/28/18 04:56 PM

Nice bark & smoke ring.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum