Texas Fishing Forum

Murder/suicide in Ponder

Posted By: Mark Perry

Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 10:02 PM

5 dead with 6th person wounded. Kids included unfortunately.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 10:16 PM

Wonder how this played out?
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 10:20 PM

Just saw it on Twitter. Terrible.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:07 PM

I’m betting it was a divorce or child custody, happens way too often...

It really sucks
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
I’m betting it was a divorce or child custody, happens way too often...

It really sucks

Wife read one of the dead was new boyfriend
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:11 PM

Oh no.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:17 PM

In 9th grade one of my best friends died this way. He was my locker partner and I remember that morning the principal getting me and asking me to open the locker. We all found out what happened just after that. His dad killed his mother, his 12 year old sister (I think thats how old she was) my buddy Ryan, and himself. A week before it happened Ryan told me that his dad ran the car off the highway and tried to run it into the Des Moines river but got stuck. It's always haunted me that I didn't think more of that when he told me.

https://www.thedarksideofamerica.com/buttz-larry.html
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:26 PM

Recent divorce
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:45 PM

Prayers for all involved
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:47 PM

I just don't understand why these people have to kill others, especially kids. Just blow yourself away and be done with it. Leave everyone else alone!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: RATZ
Prayers for all involved

Just terrible angel
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: LoneStarSon®
I just don't understand why these people have to kill others, especially kids. Just blow yourself away and be done with it. Leave everyone else alone!

Indeed. Suicide is selfish. Murdering your family and then killing yourself is unspeakably selfish and disgusting.
Posted By: PGR Mike

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:53 PM

Horrible news. I'm like you guys, don't understand why someone would want to hurt their own kids.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/16/18 11:58 PM

Or better yet, just move on with your life.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:01 AM

People are so angry these days
Posted By: lanman71

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:18 AM

https://www.dentonrc.com/news/man-kills-...7d97c702cd.html

So sad.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:23 AM

Why can't you just kill yourself?
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: PGR Mike
Horrible news. I'm like you guys, don't understand why someone would want to hurt their own kids.

So true, love my children, can't even wrap my brain around that part, or really any of the rest, awful just awful
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: MBradford

Or better yet, just move on with your life.

exactly. no piece is worth making yourself crazy, plenty of other ol' broads out there.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:42 AM

Very sad
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 01:31 AM

Being a police officer for 15+ years, I saw the worst in people. It hurts the families of all involved, I’m sure Mark Perry will back me up on this, it affects the first responders, it affects everyone involved. I know some first responders have had to seek counseling for things like this...
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 01:39 AM

Absolutely awful
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 12:02 PM

People suck, this is so sad.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 01:31 PM

Ah, the new world we live in. Nobody can handle things that don't go their way. Instead of adapt their lives to the recent events, they decide to end everything that had to do with that recent changes in their lives.

Ridiculous. Grow up people. Life isn't fair, doesn't always go your way and can be cruel at times. Deal with it like an adult, not a two year old.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 02:27 PM

There are far too many people out there that can't handle what life throws at them, so sad for all involved, tragedy.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 04:13 PM

Lost a good friend and co-worker to a murder-suicide two weeks ago. My friend had recently filed for divorce and he was murdered by his estranged spouse. I've lost friends and family to suicide. It never gets easier. This was my first friend to be murdered. We just never know what's in people's minds.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 06:27 PM

helpsign Lots of people out there need it. Hard to believe all the parents that are killing their children for whatever reason.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 07:00 PM

Maaaannnn... thats the town I grew up in. Its certainly not the same small town it was in the 80's and 90's but still hard to imagine something like this going down. frown
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Lost a good friend and co-worker to a murder-suicide two weeks ago. My friend had recently filed for divorce and he was murdered by his estranged spouse. I've lost friends and family to suicide. It never gets easier. This was my first friend to be murdered. We just never know what's in people's minds.
Yep. Had a friend kill his girlfriend and then himself several years back. Never understand this type of crud.
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/17/18 11:15 PM

The mother sure seems very calm and not disturbed.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Collum

I noticed the same thing.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
Originally Posted By: Don Collum

I noticed the same thing.

Be willing to bet she’s heavily medicated

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 12:13 PM

That guy looks like a nut job
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 01:18 PM

Can't imagine what would go through someone's mind to do that.

The husband got primary custody in this case and he's the one who killed everyone. Really odd situation.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 01:21 PM

he was granted primary conservator in their divorce so she would have had to pay him child support. from what i know, she was hit in the shoulder? there's only one story being told. she's posting and deleting videos from her hospital bed. it's just a gut feeling but something ain't right.

God bless those children
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: spankyttx
he was granted primary conservator in their divorce so she would have had to pay him child support. from what i know, she was hit in the shoulder? there's only one story being told. she's posting and deleting videos from her hospital bed. it's just a gut feeling but something ain't right.

God bless those children
Have that same thought
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Tritonman

God bless those children
Have that same thought

It seems very odd to be giving TV interviews or posting on social media...whatever she is doing from your hospital bed after this kind of tragedy.
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Hard Rain

God bless those children
Have that same thought

It seems very odd to be giving TV interviews or posting on social media...whatever she is doing from your hospital bed after this kind of tragedy.

It does seem odd but the woman has been shot through the shoulder with a bullet lodged in the other shoulder. People grieve in strange ways sometimes and she has been heavily medicated due to the bullet wound. (surgery pending)

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 05:31 PM

^^^^ this, I'm sure she is in shock, she is medicated and is not thinking clearly. I don't care what went on there is no excuse for what happened.
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Murder/suicide in Ponder - 05/18/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Near Nuthin'
Originally Posted By: Hard Rain

God bless those children
Have that same thought

It does seem odd but the woman has been shot through the shoulder with a bullet lodged in the other shoulder. People grieve in strange ways sometimes and she has been heavily medicated due to the bullet wound. (surgery pending)

Yep....and Darlie Routier was cut in the neck. Something just not right it seems. She sure seems over the top "about herself" and how she should feel. Doesn't seem natural
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum