James Washington.

How about this Washington?

NFL drug tests.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 09:50 PM

Taco
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 10:09 PM

Leighton Vander Esch would be my guess if I had to get on their pick but wouldn't be surprised if the take Calvin Ridley if he's there at 19. I also think they may trade up. The draft is in Dallas and Jones likes to make a splash and a trading up to take Derwin James would be sweet.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 10:21 PM

I have been following mock drafts and feel like I am dialed in.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:10 PM

Hernandez the OG from UTEP maybe or best available OL. Talk in the off season has been all about making the offense Dak friendly. Fixing the OL issues will do that. Biggest need after that is LB'er. If it was me at 19 and he's available then I'd pick Vita Vea.

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:11 PM

Hernandez the OG from UTEP maybe or best available OL. Talk in the off season has been all about making the offense Dak friendly. Fixing the OL issues will do that. Biggest need after that is LB'er. If it was me at 19 and he's available then I'd pick Vita Vea.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:18 PM

Tony Romo
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:26 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RayBob

I’ve heard the same talk about “fixing” the OL but how many more 1st round picks and dollars are you going to invest in an OL that already has three Pro Bowlers playing in front of arguably the best RB in the NFL?

The Cowboys have a brittle LB in Lee playing on the 25th ranked defense with glaring needs in the secondary and they’re going to ignore that?

I don’t get it
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:42 PM

they should take #20 from San Diego Street
& run the H out of it
no defense is ready for that

Re: Draft - 04/21/18 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Scagnetti

I’ve heard the same talk about “fixing” the OL but how many more 1st round picks and dollars are you going to invest in an OL that already has three Pro Bowlers playing in front of arguably the best RB in the NFL?

The Cowboys have a brittle LB in Lee playing on the 25th ranked defense with glaring needs in the secondary and they’re going to ignore that?

I don’t get it

Because one of those has a bad back and when he went down Dak was never the same. Got to have someone who can back them up. But after drafting a lineman it needs to be all defense from there.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher

I don’t get it

Because one of those has a bad back and when he went down Dak was never the same. Got to have someone who can back them up. But after drafting a lineman it needs to be all defense from there.

With EZE available, Tyron Smith played on 100% of the offensive plays in the Cowboys first 3 losses. What was Dak’s excuse then? Was he practicing playing poorly in anticipation of Smith going down?
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 12:21 AM

OL is the biggest need for the cowboys IMHO. I know they need all sorts of help on defense at nearly all positions, but they're 2 decent offensive linemen away from getting back that good running game and making it much more Dak-friendly. One decent player isn't going to make the defense that much better - they just have too many holes on that side of the ball.

But I think they should draft best player available. Drafting for position when you're as bad as they are is a losing game - ask Cleveland.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 12:41 AM

I would take Vita Vea at 19 but he wont' be there. If by chance he is I don't think the boys even have them on their radar. Could be a big mistake if they don't if that plays out.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 01:07 AM

Hernandez - OL at the back end of the 1st for an extra 3rd....Kirk - WR in 2nd, Jewell - LB and Elliot - SS in 3rd, Hines - RB and then Nnadi - DT in the 4th, Fumaglia - TE in the 5th but he may go earlier (Whitten clone).... I haven't studied the last few picks yet.

NFL Offensive Rankings - Dallas Cowboys
Run: 2 Pass: 26 Total: 14

NFL Defensive Rankings
Run: 8 Pass: 11 Total: 8

Yeah Patriot, that O line and defense is terrible huh? sarcastic
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 02:23 AM

Hopefully, the best defense player available regardless of position in every round

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:07 AM

I don’t get it

Smart as you are???

You get it.

I don't really care and I'd imagine Stephen Jones doesn't either how many 1st round picks are on the OL. Their draft position is not that important. The importance would be there is excellence along the OL which while there in 2016 was missing in 2017, as you know. This almost needs to be a plug and play guy.

I hear a lot of people slam Dallas' secondary but that group of rookies they started with was play pretty darn strong at the end of last year. I think they will continue to grow better especially with the addition of coach Kris Richard.

You have a strong point concerning the Cows LB'ers. That concerns me as well. Losing Hitchens hurts , like losing Leary in 2017 did. I fully look for Dallas FO to address that in 1 or 2 ways. The draft is obvious. secondly maybe a FA. NaVorro Bowman is sitting out there in free agency land.

Cows just have some rebuilding to do but this FO has operated differently , not perfect, but better since SJ and Will McClay have been pulling the strings (since 2011). I expect more positive moves.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Trickster
I would take Vita Vea at 19 but he wont' be there. If by chance he is I don't think the boys even have them on their radar. Could be a big mistake if they don't if that plays out.

Vea is big enough, mobile enough, and dangerous enough to take a lot of pressure off the LB'ers . Build up the middle D. I don't think he'll be there either but who knows?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:27 AM

I wish the Cowboys would pick this guy somewhere along the way.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/04/21/shaquem-griffin-im-not-just-a-feel-good-story/
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:40 AM

A hard pipe hitting Linebacker.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 05:15 AM

They’ve got to get a lb’er and a safety. Got too.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
A hard pipe hitting Linebacker.

They've had a few pipe hitters, Gregory and McClain
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:16 PM

When I look @ their record with vs. without Sean Lee - I think they need to go linebacker.

JR

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: JRGOCARDS
When I look @ their record with vs. without Sean Lee - I think they need to go linebacker.

JR

Agree, I'm thinking Rashan Evans, if they go WR Ridley is probably the guy, don't count out Sutton either, dude is a beast

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: lconn4
I wish the Cowboys would pick this guy somewhere along the way.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/04/21/shaquem-griffin-im-not-just-a-feel-good-story/

Not going to happen, he's not a thug with a rap sheet, not Cow material (this was for my buddies RayBob and Tx) grin

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:45 PM

Would LOVE to see Shaquem Griffin come to the Cows, I am pulling for him in a big way. I grew up with a guy who had the same condition with his arm and was one of the best shooters on the court I ever played with. We called him "auto" sometimes, cause if you made the mistake of giving him time to get the ball balanced properly on his good hand, he was pretty much automatic when he was on. I saw him hit 6 triples in pickup game to 15 before, it was crazy. He used his bad arm/hand to position the ball then quickly lifted and spun it up in position then elevated and shot. It was a beautiful sight to behold, he worked hard at it. I miss that guy. RIP Rodney, you were special and a good man.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:52 PM

Hernandez at 19 if he is still there. NO way Jerrah passes him up.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 03:59 PM

Griffin will get drafted by someone in probably round 4. He will be an NFL player. Football is Football. He’s shown enough over the last 4 yrs that he can make a difference.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Coach Hark
They’ve got to get a lb’er and a safety. Got too.

That’s my opinion too

Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 05:34 PM

Anyone like the idea of a trade up for a Baker Rosen Rosen Darnell?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
OL is the biggest need for the cowboys IMHO. I know they need all sorts of help on defense at nearly all positions, but they're 2 decent offensive linemen away from getting back that good running game and making it much more Dak-friendly. One decent player isn't going to make the defense that much better - they just have too many holes on that side of the ball.

But I think they should draft best player available. Drafting for position when you're as bad as they are is a losing game - ask Cleveland.

I think they are only short one lineman, they basically have 4 first rounders, they just need a serviceable guard to plug in between Smith and Frederick. I hope they move up and get one of those bad arse linebackers or tackles, trade up in the second to snatch a receiver, make the trade with Seattle to get Thomas, then running back, tight end have to come into play. They also may be able to trade for a receiver, I think Pittsburg has too many.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 05:57 PM

They need to trade up,take Mayfield,add one more clown to this circus.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper

I think they are only short one lineman, they basically have 4 first rounders, they just need a serviceable guard to plug in between Smith and Frederick. I hope they move up and get one of those bad arse linebackers or tackles, trade up in the second to snatch a receiver, make the trade with Seattle to get Thomas, then running back, tight end have to come into play. They also may be able to trade for a receiver, I think Pittsburg has too many.
They need a LG and RT, and I honestly think they need to start working on a replacement for Smith. His back issues have made him average when he's there, and we're well below average at LT when he's injured, which is nearly all the time it seems like. IMHO, Frederick and Martin are the only two who are above average. They're both fantastic, but they can't make up for 60% of the line being a liability. Just look at how many sacks they had on Dak last year.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 06:13 PM

They need a LG and RT, and I honestly think they need to start working on a replacement for Smith. His back issues have made him average when he's there, and we're well below average at LT when he's injured, which is nearly all the time it seems like. IMHO, Frederick and Martin are the only two who are above average. They're both fantastic, but they can't make up for 60% of the line being a liability. Just look at how many sacks they had on Dak last year.

Right tackle ?? Replace Smith ?? I guess we will have to agree to disagree, and a lot of those sacks were because Dak holds the ball way too long, and his receivers did not help him as much but a good QB would have done much better, jmho.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 06:18 PM

Smith gave up quite a few sacks last year, beat without even touching the DE. And that was in the few games he played. His replacements gave up tons of sacks while he was out. All you need is an average LT to be a big upgrade.

As for right tackle, I forgot they had moved Collins over there. I'll submit that if they got a LG and then a young guy who could fill in when Smith is out and eventually replace him entirely in 2-3 years, that would be a decent path forward.

I don't disagree that Dak held the ball too long at times, or that it was often his WR's fault. But I still think they need significant OL help.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 08:02 PM

Smith gave up quite a few sacks last year, beat without even touching the DE. And that was in the few games he played. His replacements gave up tons of sacks while he was out. All you need is an average LT to be a big upgrade.

As for right tackle, I forgot they had moved Collins over there. I'll submit that if they got a LG and then a young guy who could fill in when Smith is out and eventually replace him entirely in 2-3 years, that would be a decent path forward.

I don't disagree that Dak held the ball too long at times, or that it was often his WR's fault. But I still think they need significant OL help.

Smith was quoted as saying he is 100 % and feels better than he has in a long time, all players go through injuries, 70 % of Smith is better than 50 % of all left tackles in the NFL. But a good back up swing tackle would make tons of sense.

Re: Draft - 04/22/18 11:11 PM

Smith was quoted as saying he is 100 % and feels better than he has in a long time, all players go through injuries, 70 % of Smith is better than 50 % of all left tackles in the NFL. But a good back up swing tackle would make tons of sense.

Smith is better because of rest. I wonder how he'll feel once he starts getting into collisions with NFL defensive ends and LB'ers.

He was the best OT in the league 3 years ago but the pain of a bad back takes away from his game quite a bit. He has really done nothing for his back to correct any structural defects. Rest allows inflammation to go away but being a starting NFL offensive lineman at play removes the rest aspect.

I'm not privy to the details of his injury so this year will tell us if my suspicions are right but they need to continue to beef and protect the strength of the team which is the OL.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 12:26 AM

I don't disagree with any of that. If he's 70% healthy and plays 100% of the time, that would be great. Hopefully this year is better than last. I believe the poor performance we got from LT is a big part of the drop in offensive production last year.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 12:43 AM

I don't disagree with any of that. If he's 70% healthy and plays 100% of the time, that would be great. Hopefully this year is better than last. I believe the poor performance we got from LT is a big part of the drop in offensive production last year.

So the Eagles lose their starting QB, THE most important position on an NFL team, for the season and somehow manage to win the Super Bowl but the Cowboys LT has a less than stellar season and they can’t even make the playoffs

Every year it’s some [censored] excuse why they can’t even make it to the conference championship much less the SB

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:29 AM

[quote=patriot07][quote=RayBob]Hernandez the OG from UTEP maybe or best available OL. Talk in the off season has been all about making the offense Dak friendly. Fixing the OL issues will do that. Biggest need after that is LB'er. If it was me at 19 and he's available then I'd pick Vita Vea.

Right tackle ?? Replace Smith ?? I guess we will have to agree to disagree, and a lot of those sacks were because Dak holds the ball way too long, and his receivers did not help him as much but a good QB would have done much better, jmho.

Such a polite response.... sometimes I just can't even frkazoid
Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:58 AM

Field Goal kickers.
They need a plan B.
And they are the best tacklers.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 02:56 AM

So the Eagles lose their starting QB, THE most important position on an NFL team, for the season and somehow manage to win the Super Bowl but the Cowboys LT has a less than stellar season and they can’t even make the playoffs

Every year it’s some [censored] excuse why they can’t even make it to the conference championship much less the SB
The most important position is head coach. Ask the Patriots. Cowboys are sorely lacking there.

Cowboys couldn't run left or protect their QB. So basically the only thing the defense had to worry about was a run behind Martin/Frederick, and that's not all that effective when your stud RB is out 6 games. So yes, the lack of stability at LT played a big role in the ability of the offense to have any sort of versatility.

As for last season, it was an anomaly. There is a reason the Eagles went from 7-9 to super bowl champs, and it wasn't Nick Foles or even Carson Wentz. Something just got right with that team and they made an awesome run. And for the record, Nick Foles is a heck of a backup. It's not like they had Brandon Weeden or Trent Dilfer in there.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 03:26 AM

popcorn

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 03:27 AM

I’d like to host a cows draft round table with some of you please.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
I’d like to host a cows draft round table with some of you please.

I’m scheduled to be on the NFL network that day.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 12:30 PM

I'm up for that Frankie. I should be home. I have to teach some classes at the hospital that afternoon until 5PM though.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 12:49 PM

Look Scags. Comparing the Cows to the effin iggles isn't a viable option. Philthy had an amazing run, could continue it. They've put together a really good GM,scouting, and coaching staff so I see them remaining dominant. Fo sho Dallas organization is not the same as Philthy's and you coming on here and pointing out what Philthy did has nothing to do with Dallas' draft. I don't even like to think about Philthy because it puts me in a fowl (pun?) mood. I , as a Cow fan, couldn't care less about talking about what Philthy did last year as it is WELL DOCUMENTED/KNOWN by anyone with even a passing interest in pro football. And again for good measure . . . eff 'em !

I think Dallas can pass on making safety a priority THIS YEAR unless they can swing a team favorable deal with the Sea Hags for Earl Thomas. It can be a liability but not a turrible one. In no particular order in the draft Dallas' needs are OL, DL, LB, WR. and back-up RB (with receiving abilities). Adding a safety to the list is just going to take away from another need somewhere else. Dallas will have $72million in cap space for next year.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 12:55 PM

I think Dallas can pass on making safety a priority THIS YEAR unless they can swing a team favorable deal with the Sea Hags for Earl Thomas. It can be a liability but not a turrible one. In no particular order in the draft Dallas' needs are OL, DL, LB, WR. and back-up RB (with receiving abilities). Adding a safety to the list is just going to take away from another need somewhere else. Dallas will have $72million in cap space for next year.
Agreed on all counts.
Posted By: tricky

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:06 PM

Trade up....Quenton Nelson. That's the ticket!!!

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: tricky
Trade up....Quenton Nelson. That's the ticket!!!

I've thought about that too but think they give up too much to get that high up on the list. He is the ultimate plug and play guy. I think great value is to be had later in this draft and we can't afford to give up too much which moving up to get Nelson would require. (the second statement is redundant but worth reiterating). Nelson is probably the best , most prepared player in this draft. He could easily be the #1 value in the draft but the need for QB is so high he will probably fall to 5-10. Add Barkley to the QB shopping spree and Nelson falls but still too far for the Cows. Hernandez is mean and nasty too and would be a good addition and good value. He won't last until #50 though. If the Cows are going to move up they can grab a LB at #19 and then trade up (maybe with one of those #4 picks and some more bait) to grab Hernandez early in round 2 ... it'll be less expensive and still get the job done. Hernandez (or the OG from Georgia, Wynn) will likely be there early in round 2. LB and OL have to be priorities.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:49 PM

When does it start?

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:50 PM

Hernandez.... that's why I had them trade back....more value
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 01:51 PM

Posted By: COFF

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 02:06 PM

Here is their priority levels:
1. Defensive line
2. Linebackers
3. TE
4. Receivers
5. QB

And I could be talked into switching 1&2 and also 3&4. They've got the talent on the OL. Dak's problems are not from a bad line. Dak's problems are from the reality of the NFL hitting him right in the nose. I'm still not sold on Dak as the QB of the future for the Cowboys. I hope Jones and company don't skip over the QB position when they evaluate value on the board.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: COFF
1. Defensive line
2. Linebackers
3. TE
4. Receivers
5. QB

And I could be talked into switching 1&2 and also 3&4. They've got the talent on the OL. Dak's problems are not from a bad line. Dak's problems are from the reality of the NFL hitting him right in the nose. I'm still not sold on Dak as the QB of the future for the Cowboys. I hope Jones and company don't skip over the QB position when they evaluate value on the board.

I agree with this ^^^^

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher

That one never gets old.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 04:00 PM

Agree with Nelson being a high price to pay, but he is sooo nasty. No place for Cox to hide.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 06:26 PM

1. Defensive line
2. Linebackers
3. TE
4. Receivers
5. QB

I can only assume you didn't even watch a single game last season...

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 08:11 PM

I usually think you don't know a football from a suppository Patriot....and I bet they draft a d lineman/end early because David Irving is being investigated for domestic violence.... such a dumb hood rat.... could be a multi millionaire

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 08:42 PM

I hadn't heard that about Irving...geez every year

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
I usually think you don't know a football from a suppository Patriot....and I bet they draft a d lineman/end early because David Irving is being investigated for domestic violence.... such a dumb hood rat.... could be a multi millionaire

Just read this. He is sooo screwed. Frisco PD investigating. Definitely moves DL up there very high on the "needs" list.

And to think I was thinking our DL was in fair shape before the draft. Now we got DLaw and a bunch of Home Depot guys. Can't we go at least 1 year without some drama? 2nd round tender offered to this guy.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: tricky
I hadn't heard that about Irving...geez every year

Just breaking this morning.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 08:49 PM

1. Defensive line
2. Linebackers
3. TE
4. Receivers
5. QB

I can only assume you didn't even watch a single game last season...

If you know anything about football, you would look at the starting 5 OL and know that they are as good of a unit as any team in the league. You could cherry pick better individual players, but as a unit they are stellar. Depth was an issue last year, but that will be an issue for any team when they lose two starters.

From your previous post, you said we need 2 improvements on the OL to make this a Dak-friendly offense. You don't realize it, but you just stated the problem with the offense. The weak spot on your team is the one you have to make adjustments for to make it ____-friendly.

So I guess I agree with you... having a 100% healthy, top 5 in NFL history best offensive lines is pretty much what it takes to make Dak Prescott a successful quarterback.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 10:32 PM

Now the lady is saying she made it all up.

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
When does it start?

Thursday night

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 11:25 PM

If she made it all up she should be arrested for false report....kids should just start wearing body cameras like street cops
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Draft - 04/23/18 11:58 PM

Girlfriend of Cowboys DL David Irving retracts domestic violence allegations hours after hacking his Twitter account
By ARI GILBERG
| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
APR 23, 2018 | 7:36 PM

David Irving's girlfriend, Angela Sanchez, has retracted allegations of domestic violence only hours after hacking the Cowboys defensive lineman's Twitter account and publicly accusing him of domestic violence and promising to air "all his dirty laundry" in a series of tweets on Monday.

Sanchez, who has a child with Irving, said she lied about the domestic violence allegations because she was "very emotional and upset," according to a statement provided to the Dallas Morning News.

"On April 22nd, the father of my child and my current boyfriend had a vocal argument that spilled out into our front yard," Sanchez said, via the Dallas Morning News. "My neighbors were concerned and called 911. I was very upset and made some allegations that were false at the time due to our vocal argument and my emotional state. I had no intentions of getting David into trouble. I was just very emotional and upset.

http://beta.nydailynews.com/sports/footb...ticle-1.3950613

Re: Draft - 04/24/18 02:34 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.c...g-117618742/Amp

What a giant C word this girl must be
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum