Texas Fishing Forum

Golf and the Pope

Posted By: a777pilot

Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 01:45 AM

The Pope met with his cardinals to discuss a proposal from Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of Israel. "Your Holiness," said one of the Cardinals, "Mr. Netanyahu wants to challenge you to a game of golf to show the friendship and ecumenical spirit shared by the Jewish and Catholic faiths." The Pope thought it was a good idea, but he had never held a golf club in his hand. "Have we not," he asked, "a cardinal who can represent me against the leader of Israel?" "None that plays golf very well," a cardinal said... "But, he added, "there is a man named Jack Nicklaus, an American golfer who is a devout Catholic. We can offer to make him a cardinal; then ask him to play Benjamin Netanyahu as your personal representative. In addition to showing our spirit of cooperation, we'll also win the match." Everyone agreed it was an excellent idea. The call was made. Of course, Nicklaus was honored and agreed to play. The day after the match, Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of the result. "I have some good news and some bad news, Your Holiness," said the Nicklaus. "Tell me the good news first, Cardinal Nicklaus," said the Pope. "Well, your Holiness, I don't like to brag, but even though I've played some pretty terrific rounds of golf in my life, this was the best I have ever played, by far. I must have been inspired from above. My drives were long and true, my irons were accurate and purposeful and my putting was perfect. With all due respect, my play was truly miraculous." "What's the bad news.? the Pope asked. Cardinal Nicklaus sighed. "I lost to Rabbi Tiger Woods by two strokes."
Posted By: *** Gen. Guts ***

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 01:57 AM

You need Confession after that trip
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 02:25 AM

Good one!
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 02:26 AM

I liked it roflmao
Posted By: olefisher

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 03:15 AM

LOL
Greatness roflmao roflmao
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 03:34 AM

You realize Tiger Woods lost a round of golf to Stevie Wonder one time. They had $10,000 Bet on the game. Tiger let Stevie pick the day and time. Saturday Night at 10pm
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 03:28 PM

LOL roflmao
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 03:29 PM

cheers peep
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 03:33 PM

I'm trying to imagine Rabbi Tiger in a yamulke roflmao
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Golf and the Pope - 04/16/18 05:17 PM

roflmao thumb