Texas Fishing Forum

Fighting for the good spot

Posted By: Cast

Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:07 PM

Once upon a time, there were three kingdoms, all bordering on the same lake. For centuries, these kingdoms had fought over an island in the middle of that lake. One day, they decided to have it out, once and for all.

The first kingdom was quite rich, and sent an army of 25 knights, each with three squires. The night before the battle, the knights jousted and cavorted as their squires polished armor, cooked food, and sharpened weapons. The second kingdom was not so wealthy, and sent only 10 knights, each with 2 squires. The night before the battle, the knights cavorted and sharpened their weapons as the squires polished armor and prepared dinner. The third kingdom was very poor, and only sent one elderly knight with his sole squire. The night before the battle, the knight sharpened his weapon, while the squire, using a looped rope, slung a pot high over the fire to cook while he prepared the knights armor.

The next day, the battle began. All the knights of the first two kingdoms had cavorted a bit too much (one should never cavort while sharpening weapons and jousting) and could not fight. The squire of the third kingdom could not rouse the elderly knight in time for combat. So, in the absence of the knights, the squires fought.

The battle raged well into the late hours, but when the dust finally settled, a solitary figure limped from the carnage. The lone squire from the third kingdom dragged himself away, beaten, bloodied, but victorious.

And it just goes to prove, the squire of the high pot and noose is equal to the sum of the squires of the other two sides.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:11 PM

F double minus

High pot and noose jokes are not really jokes.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:17 PM

hmmm
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:22 PM

What the world is going on here
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:23 PM

At no point in your rambling, incoherent thread were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:25 PM

It is another deep think joke. It'll come to you.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast

I understand it. Its an attempt at a mix between a geometry joke and an old English joke.

F triple minus.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave
F double minus

High pot and noose jokes are not really jokes.

Yes it is ... but it's a dreadful word play of "hypoteneuse". Ugh, almost as bad as a pun.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:40 PM

When the angle of the dangle is perpendicular to the mass of the ... bolt
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:40 PM

I understand it. Its an attempt at a mix between a geometry joke and an old English joke.

F triple minus.

Agreed.

Olds jokes really suck.

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:43 PM

You can't say I didn't warn you.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 04:57 PM

Once upon a time, there were three kingdoms, all bordering on the same lake. For centuries, these kingdoms had fought over an island in the middle of that lake. One day, they decided to have it out, once and for all.

The first kingdom was quite rich, and sent an army of 25 knights, each with three squires. The night before the battle, the knights jousted and cavorted as their squires polished armor, cooked food, and sharpened weapons. The second kingdom was not so wealthy, and sent only 10 knights, each with 2 squires. The night before the battle, the knights cavorted and sharpened their weapons as the squires polished armor and prepared dinner. The third kingdom was very poor, and only sent one elderly knight with his sole squire. The night before the battle, the knight sharpened his weapon, while the squire, using a looped rope, slung a pot high over the fire to cook while he prepared the knights armor.

The next day, the battle began. All the knights of the first two kingdoms had cavorted a bit too much (one should never cavort while sharpening weapons and jousting) and could not fight. The squire of the third kingdom could not rouse the elderly knight in time for combat. So, in the absence of the knights, the squires fought.

The battle raged well into the late hours, but when the dust finally settled, a solitary figure limped from the carnage. The lone squire from the third kingdom dragged himself away, beaten, bloodied, but victorious.

And it just goes to prove, the squire of the high pot and noose is equal to the sum of the squires of the other two sides.

dunce
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
At no point in your rambling, incoherent thread were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

F triple minus.

Agreed.

Olds jokes really suck.

Major suckage and theyre never funny

I wish theyd just tell us the punchline and be done with it
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 06:22 PM

We need our resident Englishman Mouldybits to weigh in on this before I waste my time looking up what a squire is.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 08:16 PM

Lmao hilarious
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 08:19 PM

B+. It made me angry at myself for reading it, and based on everyone's reaction it has to be worth something.

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

F triple minus.

Agreed.

Olds jokes really suck.

Major suckage and theyre never funny

I wish theyd just tell us the punchline and be done with it

You sill wouldn't understand it. You got a baby's brain.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 09:44 PM

Story quality=A
Joke quality=C

A squired + B squired = C squired
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 10:20 PM

Pythetic, you just ain't right
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 10:24 PM

I hated English Literature in school. I didn't know what a squire was either. From the context it sounds like a mop squeezer.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Fighting for the good spot - 04/15/18 10:54 PM

Only those with very high intellect can appreciate a good pun
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum