Texas Fishing Forum

Good Girl

Posted By: RATZ

Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:26 PM

got to brag on my Great Dane. She just tore out the door and caught a squirrel by the tail which the then shook her head and threw it into the fence where it got away. Not bad for an old girl.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:36 PM

clap
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:42 PM

We have a fellow TFFer who might need your dog to help him out!

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12713371/1/Squirrel_trouble

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:45 PM

I'm just waiting for Huyana to get the idiot squirrel that keeps hanging out in the back yard. One of these days she's going to catch it and it won't be throwing it into the fence. It'll be crunch and that's all she wrote.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
I'm just waiting for Huyana to get the idiot squirrel that keeps hanging out in the back yard. One of these days she's going to catch it and it won't be throwing it into the fence. It'll be crunch and that's all she wrote.

I think it would have been crunch, but she was on a full sprint and just grabbed the tail and was close to the fence. She's a 6yr old Dane so she is an old lady and not as fast as she used to be. But at over 100lbs she has a 12' stride.

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:51 PM

Jeeeezus.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:53 PM

Goodness , my Jack Russell bout climbs the trees after them things
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:54 PM

I hate squirrels. My dog is pretty quick, he caught a squirrel last year,the dang thing turned on him and bit him I guess (no blood) and now if there is a squirrel in the back yard he will not go out. He waits until I go out and chase it off then comes out warily. My dog is a sissy......but he will try to fight dog's 4 times as big as him.

Not a real bright mutt I have here.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 01:56 PM

When I was growing up Mom loved feeding the squirrels. She made pets out of them.
I don't remember having any trouble caused by them.

So I am not understanding this wanting to kill every squirrel that even pokes it's head over the fence. Yes if they are causing a problem that's different. I just can't equate squirrels to rats or roaches.

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 02:06 PM

They will eat EVERY SINGLE PEACH off my trees. Between the squirrels and the mockingbirds, it's a fight to get a single fruit. And I'm not even going to mention tomatoes. I gave up trying to grow tomatoes.

They'll gnaw through the soffit of the house and make a nest in the attic. Then they'll gnaw through the end of the tin can that you used to plug the hole.

They're awesome, pretty, beautiful.... and they're still rodents.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
When I was growing up Mom loved feeding the squirrels. She made pets out of them.

So I am not understanding this wanting to kill every squirrel that even pokes it's head over the fence. Yes if they are causing a problem that's different. I just can't equate squirrels to rats or roaches.

Are you and lconn brothers?
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 02:30 PM

My 2 1/2 year old cur has eaten 62 squirrels since November. 4 squirrels in one day and the dogfarts are horrible.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: fishincontrol
My 2 1/2 year old cur has eaten 62 squirrels since November. 4 squirrels in one day and the dogfarts are horrible.
roflmao
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 03:12 PM

Good dog!

The squirrels and rabbits are out of control in my neighborhood this year.

Apparently, there's an HOA app or something that has made it easier for the people that stay at home most of the time to alert when there's a bobcat, big owl, hawk, or vulture sighting.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: grandpa75672

Because they are almost as bad on houses as termites. They chew through siding and gable vents. Get in attics and chew wires and start fires. They chewed up my phone line and I had to crawl through my attic and find it and repair. Last winter they got under my boat cover and chewed my seats up. They also found their way into the storage boxes and chewed up my life jackets and a wire that goes to my universal sonar. So yes I will kill every tree rat I see.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 03:48 PM

My Min Pin caught one a few years back. 7 stitches on his nose and a $200 Vet bill later he still stalks/chases them.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Good Girl - 04/13/18 04:13 PM

Good doggy!
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Good Girl - 04/16/18 10:58 PM

63, 64.......
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Good Girl - 04/16/18 11:18 PM

My 14 yo dog still goes after them, rabbits too, but she just doesnt have the ability to get them anymore. Kinda heartwarming to watch the effort though
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Good Girl - 04/17/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: RATZ
got to brag on my Great Dane. She just tore out the door and caught a squirrel by the tail which the then shook her head and threw it into the fence where it got away. Not bad for an old girl.

Sounds like a participation trophy is in order. I prefer dogs that snap necks with no chance of escape. MR.SQUIRREL should be the one being honored for its great escape from the jaws of defeat. cheers bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum