Texas Fishing Forum

Cowboys signing some WRs

Posted By: Mark Perry

Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:21 PM

One I heard of and the other I have not. Both NFL vets.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:25 PM

Heard they were projected to draft Ridley from bama
Posted By: Bissett

Good move. But who are they??
Posted By: Bass&More

Its a process bang peep

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett

Allen Hurns from Jacksonville
Deonta Thompson from Buffalo

They are not gonna resign Brice Butler.
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:33 PM

who cares as long as Dez is out of here
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:34 PM

Neither guy is as good as Dez in his prime. Hurns has potential to be close.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:34 PM

Hurns should be a nice pickup but I don't know much about Deonta Thompson. I'm curious to see how the draft goes
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:36 PM

The Signing of Hurns just about puts the writing on the wall Dez is OUT OF HERE
Posted By: jwcromer

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Neither guy is as good as Dez in his prime. Hurns has potential to be close.
in his prime.....his prime has come and gone...........

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:38 PM

Hurns is pretty good. Really surprised that Dallas got him to be honest.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 06:46 PM

Also surprised. Maybe Jacksonville knows something, but they let him go way too easy.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Hurns is pretty good. Really surprised that Dallas got him to be honest.

Agree, Hurns is solid.
Posted By: MBarger

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 10:08 PM

Not a Dez fan, but if he would take a pay cut...Hurns and Dez would make a pretty good 1-2 receiving core. Terrence Williams doesn't attract any attention on his side of the field, this allows defenses to cheat safety help toward Dez. With a more legitimate threat on the other side, defenses could get exposed if they cheat the safety toward Dez. As an adjustment they wouldn't be able to concentrate on Dez, allowing him to make some more plays hopefully. The kid from Buffalo is supposed to be a pretty speedy deep threat, homerun type guy. We will see...still a lot of questions to be answered.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 10:13 PM

Dump Dez.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 10:44 PM

Dez isn't going anywhere. They brought in another solid receiver to take some focus off of Dez. Defenses having to cover Dez, Hurns, and Beasley will cause some problems for them. I like the acquisition.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 10:48 PM

Hopefully Baylor Williams is gone too.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/23/18 10:59 PM

Hurns is the all time leading reciever at the U of Miami. Consider the recievers that have come from there. Had a 1000 yd season at Jacksonville when they were dedicated to the pass. Wears 88. Sure looks like they are letting Dez know he ain't going to be paid like a top tier reciever because he isn't.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 01:20 AM

They're signed a LB too. Never heard of the guy.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 06:57 PM

At least they are trying something else, I think they have needed another receiver for a while.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 09:50 PM

With the change in the catch rule, Dez will be alright this year.
Posted By: Dirty Bass

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 09:54 PM

If Hurns stays healthy he will be great. Which means more Dez sideline tantrums.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett

Allen Hurns from Jacksonville
Deonta Thompson from Buffalo

They are not gonna resign Brice Butler.

Hurns, good down field moves, decent hands, very acrobatic catches Dez can't make anymore but 2- out of 10 times... Thompson ?

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 11:37 PM

Maybe Hurns will not have balls bouncing off his face and chest. #CutDez. #drama queen.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/24/18 11:38 PM

8-8, 9-7

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Kicker16
8-8, 9-7

I agree....if the Texans get lucky that will be their record next season.
Posted By: I-35 North

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
Hurns is the all time leading reciever at the U of Miami. Consider the recievers that have come from there. Had a 1000 yd season at Jacksonville when they were dedicated to the pass. Wears 88. Sure looks like they are letting Dez know he ain't going to be paid like a top tier reciever because he isn't.

Posted By: patriot07

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:20 AM

Hurns is a good pickup. I think this puts them in a position to restructure Dez's deal and make it low base with heavy incentives.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: I-35 North

Single season. Dez sucked last year. $17M? Bye Not close to worth it.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:29 AM

All time and single season are 2 different things

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Westside.

Yes they are. My bad. If you are up to keep Dez at his inflated pay day ..... Just say it. Balls bouncing off his chest and acting like a Biatch on the sideline. Adios. I thought he he was a DB from day one. And could not hold the Jock of those that wore that number before him. Single coverage shut him him down all year last year. Bye. That kind of money requires double coverage. And he doesn't.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:37 AM

8-8, 9-7

Texans will have a better record if Watson stay healthy, they can actually play some defense.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:41 AM

Yes they are. My bad. If you are up to keep Dez at his inflated pay day ..... Just say it. Balls bouncing off his chest and acting like a Biatch on the sideline. Adios. I thought he he was a DB from day one. And could not hold the Jock of those that wore that number before him. Single coverage shut him him down all year last year. Bye. That kind of money requires double coverage. And he doesn't.

Say what? If they get rid of him fine, if they keep him with a pay cut fine

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:43 AM

Say what? If they get rid of him fine, if they keep him with a pay cut fine

He has already said he isn't going to take a Pay Cut. Adios. Cut the problem child.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:46 AM

8-8, 9-7

Texans will have a better record if Watson stay healthy, they can actually play some defense.

Well if the Cowboys get solid play at QB and Dak stays healthy and they play better on defense then Dallas will have a better record.

Your team needs to be a lot better than Texans if you are gonna try and talk smack about another team.....lol

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:49 AM

8-8, 9-7

Well if the Cowboys get solid play at QB and Dak stays healthy and they play better on defense then Dallas will have a better record.

Your team needs to be a lot better than Texans if you are gonna try and talk smack about another team.....lol

And the Ewok runs wild. He is a keeper.

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 12:58 AM

8-8, 9-7

Smack talk come on man neither team has done squat since 2000's for anybody to talk smack about either one.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 03/25/18 06:01 AM

SMFH... Dez isn't going anywhere....if anything he gets a reworked contract that changes cap hit but not his dollars, as has been explained several times for weeks. As of the signing of the Pats tackle, they've addressed every personnel loss so they can trade several comp picks to move up for James. I suspect strongly they only make 6-7 picks in this draft, heavy on TE, DL, RB and the aforementioned safety.

If they do cut Dez I hope he signs with the Skins or Giants to give Jones and red Jesus a beating twice a year, or signs with the Pats so the haters can see how bad Dak throws the ball.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 04/15/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
SMFH... Dez isn't going anywhere....if anything he gets a reworked contract that changes cap hit but not his dollars, as has been explained several times for weeks. As of the signing of the Pats tackle, they've addressed every personnel loss so they can trade several comp picks to move up for James. I suspect strongly they only make 6-7 picks in this draft, heavy on TE, DL, RB and the aforementioned safety.

If they do cut Dez I hope he signs with the Skins or Giants to give Jones and red Jesus a beating twice a year, or signs with the Pats so the haters can see how bad Dak throws the ball.

Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Cowboys signing some WRs - 04/15/18 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo

He went. To where no one knows yet. His value has greatly depreciated. His mouth is dropping the price daily. I can't believe his agent can't get him to realize that. Some team will get him at significantly less cost. It will be interesting to see who he signs with and for how much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum