Texas Fishing Forum

Paying Compliments to Women

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:53 PM

Do you do it? To like strangers? Like, "Good morning, that perfume smells lovely!"

Or what not? Is that a thing still or will that get you "me too'd" right the heck up out the building?

Do you risk it? At work? In the streets? What about neighbors?
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:53 PM

No
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:56 PM

All the time.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave
No

Youre married so of course you dont.

If youre giving compliments to other woman your wife might knock you upside the dome... Least I would suspect some would.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:58 PM

No
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:58 PM

Sometimes, not as much at work though.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
All the time.

Women paying other women a compliment is not risque. And its usually very fake.

They be like "Oh girl I love those shoes!" but they walk away and tell their other GF "She a hood rat".

I have seen it. I know what you women are up to.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 03:59 PM

just my wife.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:00 PM

Nowadays, the 3ft rule applies and complimentary verbal exchanges are strictly forbidden.
Trust no one!! flag soldier
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:01 PM

yes, but pretty generic and not too often. Some/minimal concern with the wife, but more with the people who think every compliment must have some sexual connotation behind it. hammer
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:01 PM

Always. Women have a hard enough life as it is, if I have any reason to compliment one because of looks, hair, outfit, whatever, I will no matter what. Life is too short not to grant compliments to women.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
just my wife.

You should screen shot this and text it to her... Might get you some extra noodles in your pho if you what I mean thumb
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:05 PM

Does saying that was a delicious sandwich, count?

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: eagle 2
Always. Women have a hard enough life as it is, if I have any reason to compliment one because of looks, hair, outfit, whatever, I will no matter what. Life is too short not to grant compliments to women.

I like your style. My Dad used to say "treat every woman you met like she is the most beautiful you have ever seen and your life will be soooo much better for it!" Yes, even the 2's and 3's.

I am on the fence. I will often outside of work' tell the checker she has a pretty name, tell the waitress I like her ink, stuff like that. But at work, esp the last few years, its almost never.

Was not a conscious decision but it sure has happened. None of that in the office. People take stuff wrong and out of context.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Originally Posted By: fishmagnet
Nowadays, the 3ft rule applies and complimentary verbal exchanges are strictly forbidden.

3 second rule also, can't look at a woman for more than 3 seconds
Posted By: Floon Swenson

I compliment women, but I generally avoid the looks department.

If I wouldn't compliment a dude on it, I'll probably avoid complimenting a woman on it.

Being seen as a creep is a very real risk.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
Does saying that was a delicious sandwich, count?

Ummm sure. Not exactly what I had in mind but yeah I guess thats a compliment on her cooking or what not... what who made the sammich?
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:08 PM

Absolutely not. All risk zero reward. The only exceptions would be on specific tasks they may have done well.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
Absolutely not. All risk zero reward. The only exceptions would be on specific tasks they may have done well.

Thats no fun at all! The reward is making someones day!

A sincere compliment delivered in a "non creepy" way I am sure can make someones day.

I know on the few occasions I have gotten complimented it makes me feel good. Be it on some work I did, or handling an interaction with an employee well, or hey thats a cool pair of shoes, makes me feel good.

Heck I get tons of compliments on my dog/ "What a beautiful dog", "Shes so good on the leash" etc. and even that makes me feel good lol
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:17 PM

Women usually like it when they get a new hair style, but this day in time, I would pretty much avoid complimenting a women at the work place, unless you are complimenting her work.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted By: eagle 2

I like your style. My Dad used to say "treat every woman you met like she is the most beautiful you have ever seen and your life will be soooo much better for it!" Yes, even the 2's and 3's.

I am on the fence. I will often outside of work' tell the checker she has a pretty name, tell the waitress I like her ink, stuff like that. But at work, esp the last few years, its almost never.

Was not a conscious decision but it sure has happened. None of that in the office. People take stuff wrong and out of context.

But you're not supposed to do it while licking your eyebrows, Dan!
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Women usually like it when they get a new hair style, but this day in time, I would pretty much avoid complimenting a women at the work place, unless you are complimenting her work.

wisdom.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:29 PM

All the time.

They be like "Oh girl I love those shoes!" but they walk away and tell their other GF "She a hood rat".

Depends on the woman. Seriously though, I'll look for things to compliment people that catch my eye. Life is a hard place sometimes. It's good to give people a reason to smile and feel good about themselves.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: fishmagnet

^^^This. Thank the few for ruining it for the majority.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:33 PM

no , i complimented one time on her boss mustache and she would not talk to me anymore , just cant please some women
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Bingo. They all got HR on speed dial. I open the door for them and say "Good Morning". That's it.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Kentucky
no , i complimented one time on her boss mustache and she would not talk to me anymore , just cant please some women

Yeah what was her deal? If a dude has a sweet stash or beard I might give him props... equality right? If she had a good stash I mean...
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:04 PM

I don't at work or to random women I don't know. Family members of course, our personal friends sometimes I do to a few of them. Not like "damn you looking good, tonight" but maybe "hey I like your new haircut". We've all been friends since HS so it's more like they're my sisters.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:10 PM

Sup, shawty! Holla atcha boy.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:13 PM

I hold doors for women, thats it

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TexDawg

And then check out their bottoms as they walk away?!! As youre stroking your goatee and mumbling "yum yum the Dog wants some"?!

How dare you sir! How dare you!
Posted By: Woody Wood

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:17 PM

No
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Woody Wood
No

Woody Wood wouldn't.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:31 PM

yes
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: TexDawg

And then check out their bottoms as they walk away?!! As youre stroking your goatee and mumbling "yum yum the Dog wants some"?!

How dare you sir! How dare you!

Yes, but im discreet about it
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:43 PM

My wife, daughters and daughters in law, darned tootin I do. Anyone else, no way in hail.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:47 PM

I don't see a problem with it. I tell girls that they stink pretty all the time.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DCmac
My wife, daughters and daughters in law, darned tootin I do. Anyone else, no way in hail.

Then you have to change your name... You cannot be the "DC Mac" if you dont mac on any ladies or spit any game.

Just saying.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 05:58 PM

I still do it.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:00 PM

Does giving them a few bucks for a good dance on stage count as "paying" a compliment?
Posted By: TBS

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:14 PM

Sometimes, but I am selective and typically I have to know the person and therefore know they will not take it as harassment. Kind of sad that is the society we live in.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:15 PM

I used to all the time. Todays' PC world has totally destroyed good manners and what it used to mean to be called a gentleman. I don't think the youngs have a clue what that is anymore.
I still wait until everyone is sitting before eating, stand up when a lady is being introduced, pull out chairs, open doors, remove cover when being greeted...etc.etc.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:16 PM

I overheard a fellow employee tell an office mate that her sweater made her breasts look nice. Is that inappropriate?
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:16 PM

It depends, but never on their looks.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: swalker9513
I overheard a fellow employee tell an office mate that her sweater made her breasts look nice. Is that inappropriate?

A little lol.

I stay more to, I like those new glasses, Thats a nice color on you, That hair style is really nice on you, Thats a lovely name, and DAMN girl you is fine as hell! Lets make babies yo!
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:21 PM

I will to women I know well enough that they know it is a compliment but not all. I'm too old to have to explain to HR it was just a compliment and nothing else. The work place has gotten to weird the last few years and many women are looking for a reason to be offended.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:24 PM

I stand in the work hallway and catcall all day

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:31 PM

This same woman showed me pics of herself in body paint, and told me she would be available for a photoshoot if I ever needed something like that.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: swalker9513
This same woman showed me pics of herself in body paint, and told me she would be available for a photoshoot if I ever needed something like that.

Dang, living the dream! You should be able to close that sale
Posted By: Canino

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 06:46 PM

A sincere compliment delivered in a "non creepy" way I am sure can make someones day.

Yeah but the problem is that you aren't the one who gets to determine whether it's creepy - she is. I don't trust them that much.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 07:01 PM

All the time.

Genius post!!!
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 07:09 PM

I do to coworkers and people I know. Usually, however, I just compliment them if they've had a haircut, or changed the color/style. I try to be pretty generic with it. Today, I saw someone that the last year was extremely rough on them. She looked so different today. She had a new haircut, her eyes were bright... She looked the happiest that I had ever seen, and I told her so. She gave me a hug and thanked me.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 07:14 PM

Compliments are now considered harassment, so no, no compliments.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 08:01 PM

I like to smack em on the but and ask them if they quit working out? They like that.
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 08:15 PM

I just had an elderly woman take the time to thank me for allowing her to enter a door ahead of me, and then stopped to tell me how good it was to see that gentlemen still exist.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Urban Fisher
Does giving them a few bucks for a good dance on stage count as "paying" a compliment?

Sho nuff
Posted By: Meats

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 08:58 PM

Posted By: T Bird

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 09:14 PM

Paying compliments to a stranger on breast augmentation surgery is probably a no-no. hammer

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meats

I feel like this is Peyton's home movies.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Floon Swenson

If I wouldn't compliment a dude on it, I'll probably avoid complimenting a woman on it.

Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/14/18 10:57 PM

Nope, definitely not at work and only in certain situations outside of work.

Something President Trump once said (although about a completely different topic) applies in this situation, I think there is blame on both sides of this issue.

- One Side: Skeevy people making inappropriate comments that have no place in a truly civilized society, resulting with the targets of their comments (and others within earshot) feeling uncomfortable or even unsafe (at an extreme).

- Other Side: People who are just looking to; cash-in, or, get retribution, or, be offended...etc. turning things that were meant to be complimentary into something completely different.

If two sides listed above didnt ruin it for everyone else - yes, you could pay compliments just about anywhere and just about at any time.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Icepick
Originally Posted By: Floon Swenson

Digging your sig bruh
Posted By: OhYou

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:09 AM

All the time.

yep! I can't resist teeth, if a woman has teeth I like I will tell them only bc I have struggled with mine, went thorough all kind of dental care, whitening, and braces- so if you have a smile or teeth I admire I will compliment! I can't help it! so wish I had that look!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Paying compliments to a stranger on breast augmentation surgery is probably a no-no. hammer

Non verbal compliments only. Much harder to prove.

Posted By: OhYou

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Canino

Yeah but the problem is that you aren't the one who gets to determine whether it's creepy - she is. I don't trust them that much.

It's almost always creepy, just don't.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: TBS
Sometimes, but I am selective and typically I have to know the person and therefore know they will not take it as harassment. Kind of sad that is the society we live in.

Yes, this. You have to know who you are conversing with. Libs never, they are looking for any reason to damage you because they hate men. They suffer from penis envy. Conservatives, no problem.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis

Yes, this. You have to know who you are conversing with. Libs never, they are looking for any reason to damage you because they hate men. They suffer from penis envy. Conservatives, no problem.

Interesting stance. Theyve got the envy.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:29 AM

Yes, you know the kind, they wish they had one. Mad, because they were born without one.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:32 AM

Yes, you know the kind, they wish they had one. Mad, because they were born without one.

I think they are available as an aftermarket accessory nowadays.

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 02:38 AM

I think they are available as an aftermarket accessory nowadays.

Yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I think this is true...
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 11:54 AM

Im scared to compliment my wife.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 12:55 PM

Most women know a compliment when they hear one. They appreciate it.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 01:04 PM

popcorn peep
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 01:19 PM

Infrequently, but yes, I do. I keep it to "That's a really nice dress/outfit," or if they've obviously changed their hair or color and it looks nice I'll tell them.

I hold doors often and frequently get complimented on my manners. My standard reply is, "Thank you, Mama raised me well." Giving another woman credit for your strong suits goes over well.

I wish the elevators in my building had security cameras. I take the stairs a lot because I refuse to get on an elevator alone with a woman. I work for a large employer with deep pockets and just the accusation of impropriety would likely make for a payday for the woman and wreck my career. I guess I'm being paranoid, but I fear there are many women out there looking for that payday and don't care whose life they wreck to get it.

Funny story.... when I was married, my wife and I were alone on a very long elevator ride from our hotel room to the parking garage. We had a little make-out session on the way down. As we passed by an open office door on the way to the car we saw the security guard looking at screens of video footage of the elevators!
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Paying Compliments to Women - 03/15/18 01:29 PM

honestly, no. I will say hello with a smile or hold a door open, but thats it. Im part of the younger generation and my peers almost always take things the wrong way. I do, however, compliment women i am already friends with because they know its a friendly gesture. Back while in college if i was already in a flirtatious conversation with a girl at a bar or school or something, then yes i would compliment them but thats a little different... last one i complimented like that i am now engaged to.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum