Texas Fishing Forum

Dallas VA Folks....

Posted By: Rhino68W

Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 12:55 PM

My grandfather lives near me in West Fort Worth. He needs to have some blood work done at the VA in Dallas on Friday.

Is this something he can have done at the Fort Worth VA Clinic?

I am not sure what the tests are just yet as I am waiting on him to call me back.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 12:58 PM

More than likely. Just give the clinic a call.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 01:18 PM

The FW clinic does have a lab for blood work. Should be OK there.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 01:27 PM

Thanks folks, I will call them and confirm today. I am already missing half a days work on Thursday so I really didn't want to drive to Dallas on Friday if I didn't have too!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 03:11 PM

Yes, just call and schedule it.
Posted By: woundedbear

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 04:26 PM

Call the Dallas VA transportation dept. They will pick him up and bring him back at no charge to you. The DAV has about a dozen vans just for this service.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 04:40 PM

Lab Work at the Texas City VA Clinic has been moved to the Galveston's VA Clinic...no appointments, just walk-ins. Lab work is forwarded to the VA Hospital in Houston to test. It would be best to call your local VA Clinic and see how they work. Things are always changing in Clinics. All Vets should sign up with www.myhealthevet.va.gov Great Site
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: woundedbear
Call the Dallas VA transportation dept. They will pick him up and bring him back at no charge to you. The DAV has about a dozen vans just for this service.

In Tx City, Vets had the City's Connect Transit to ride to Houston's VA Hospital. Had to make an appointment a week ahead of time and it cost $7...they pick up at your house about 7am and bring you back home. Call them first in case of any changes.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 08:42 PM

The DalLas VA is a racist, dump. I hate going there.

It smells more like a nursing home than a hospital.
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 11:10 PM

Moto,

I thought I was the only one noticing that, couldn't believe the number of older dark skinned women.

Don't jump me, only making an observation
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 11:23 PM

Appears Trump is going to fire his VA man and put Good Hair Perry in charge. Seriously.... I hope it improves. The country needs to take care of veterans. I would pay more in taxes to do it.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Dallas VA Folks.... - 03/13/18 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
Appears Trump is going to fire his VA man and put Good Hair Perry in charge. Seriously.... I hope it improves. The country needs to take care of veterans. I would pay more in taxes to do it.

Typical government. They keep failing their clients. Their client base is declining rapidly. They get more and more money. They keep failing thier clients. Perry served the State of Texas well for 14 years. He was a pilot of a C-130. He should do a good job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum