Texas Fishing Forum

Shaun White dragging the flag

Posted By: slim 285

Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:11 AM

Come on Shaun .. I was a fan and in the blink of the eye he lost me.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:14 AM

Rolls eyes
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:19 AM

rolleyes
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:21 AM

I missed it. Did he drag it in protest if something or because he was excited and just didn't think about it? Two completely different things.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:22 AM

Didn't see that but his celebration was awesome!!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:29 AM

You can't be serious?

Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:30 AM

Meh he had his hands full.Im glad he won he deserved it
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:33 AM

I think he just wasn’t paying attention. He just had the best run of his life and won a gold medal. He was overcome with emotion. Minding his flag Ps&Qs was the last thing on his mind. I’ll cut him some slack for that.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:33 AM

C'mon man! He was caught up in the moment.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:36 AM

I’m boycotting the Olympics over this outrage

Who is with me?
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:37 AM

He didn't kneel while they played the anthem during the medal ceremony so I have no problem.
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:39 AM

Definitely an old statement
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
I’m boycotting the Olympics over this outrage

Who is with me?
in

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:41 AM

I just don’t think I would drag the flag regardless.But I have never walked in them shoes .
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
I just don’t think I would drag the flag regardless.But I have never walked in them shoes .

So take off your white wig and quit judging
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:45 AM

*boots
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:58 AM

Jackweed...I knew there was a reason I wasn't that impressed with snowboarders.

...------
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 06:56 AM

TREASONOUS
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 09:34 AM

I'm Butthurt.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 10:02 AM

I think he just got caught up in the moment. If he had a history of saying or doing similar stuff, I could see the outrage. He's already made an apology and explanation.
Some of y'all just have an uncontrollable need to complain about others. Maybe work some more fiber into your diets or something.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 10:59 AM

I might be more sensitive about the flag than anybody else here. I've been to over 500 funerals for veterans since joining the Patriot Guard Riders, and it just means a lot to me how that flag is treated. It's covered a lot of heroes.

That said, I think this young man just got caught up in the moment and had a momentary lapse. He did apologize after it happened. I'll accept that.

Maybe the US Olympic folks should at least teach these kids how to handle something like this when they win while representing the USA.

Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822

So take off your white wig and quit judging

Lulz
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider
I might be more sensitive about the flag than anybody else here. I've been to over 500 funerals for veterans since joining the Patriot Guard Riders, and it just means a lot to me how that flag is treated. It's covered a lot of heroes.

That said, I think this young man just got caught up in the moment and had a momentary lapse. He did apologize after it happened. I'll accept that.

Maybe the US Olympic folks should at least teach these kids how to handle something like this when they win while representing the USA.

Ditto. I have an older brother who was wounded doing 2 tours in Vietnam and another who was a lifer in the Air Force. A lot of good men have fought and died defending everything that flag represents. I do appreciate him apologizing for dragging it in the snow though.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:24 AM

Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:25 AM

You guys are reaching
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: junbengreat
You guys are reaching

Isn't that what internet patriots do?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:48 AM

Why try to drag down one of the athletes who has always represented the US positively for years. He just pulled the performance of the night out of thin air, won a gold medal, is celebrating in the moment and people complain because he drug the flag. He kinda had a lot of things going on at that particular moment, cut him a little slack.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 11:51 AM

some of yall are ignorant morons. flag
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
some of yall are ignorant morons. flag

^^^^^This. no positive credit or mention for the new haircut bang peep

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:03 PM

It was a mistake, he got caught up in the moment and he apologized. I don’t think he did it intentionally, though.

Completely different than protesting the flag, too.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
It was a mistake, he got caught up in the moment and he apologized. I don’t think he did it intentionally, though.

agree.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:12 PM

If you are truly offended by what happened... I feel bad for you. You must get offended so often. You should stop being such a [censored] and grow up.

And I love his new haircut!
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
If you are truly offended by what happened... I feel bad for you. You must get offended so often. You should stop being such a [censored] and grow up.

And I love his new haircut!

thumb thumb peep
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:44 PM

He's a good dude.....but everyone is taught from the time that we are little to be aware of the flag and not let it touch the ground.

Simple mistake but made on an international stage.

Good for him winning the gold. Always loved his style.
flag
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:49 PM

If you want to blame someone, blame the idiot that ran out to him and handed him the flag.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Emit R Detsaw
If you want to blame someone, blame the idiot that ran out to him and handed him the flag.

Why?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:55 PM

I was more troubled by the interview i watched. He had rings on fingers that should not get rings. This makes me suspicious of his leanings.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto
Originally Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Why?

He clearly wasn't wanting to celebrate with the flag. It's different when an Olympian runs over to the stands, grabs a flag as part of their celebration. Shaun was not interested in waving the flag or celebrating with it at that time.
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 01:59 PM

He was definitely caught up in the moment and highly emotional.

just me - but my thought at the moment was if I was one of the ones congratulating him I would have taken the flag and draped it over his shoulders and congratulated him. I was hoping one of his team mates would do just that...
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

agree.

Totally agree.. Good kid. He was balling like a baby when his Mom and Dad came to congratulate him.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
I think he just wasn’t paying attention. He just had the best run of his life and won a gold medal. He was overcome with emotion. Minding his flag Ps&Qs was the last thing on his mind. I’ll cut him some slack for that.

^^^
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 02:46 PM

Not long ago...

Snowboarder Shaun White apologized Wednesday for dragging a U.S. flag on the snow after his dramatic gold medal victory in the men’s halfpipe, but said he did not know he had let the flag touch the ground.

“I remember being handed the flag but I was trying to put my gloves on and hold the flag and get board,” he told reporters afterward. “Honestly, if there was anything, I definitely didn’t mean any disrespect. The flag that’s flying on my house right now is way up there. So sorry for that. But I’m definitely proud — very proud — to be a part of Team USA and being an American and to be representing for everyone back home.”

It appears to be an accident. He has one on his porch. He didn't mean to let drag it on the ground. He probably didn't mean to "step" on it as well.
I guess some slack should be given, but the American flag should always be in your "awareness," especially if you are touching it.

...------

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 02:49 PM

It was a heck of a run. He's always been entertaining.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: HasBen
Why try to drag down one of the athletes who has always represented the US positively for years. He just pulled the performance of the night out of thin air, won a gold medal, is celebrating in the moment and people complain because he drug the flag. He kinda had a lot of things going on at that particular moment, cut him a little slack.

^^^correct

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:32 PM

For sure.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 03:48 PM

Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:05 PM

Y’all should be offended of the people who wear US flag bandannas, bikinis,shorts, etc...
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:10 PM

Y’all should be offended of the people who wear US flag bandannas, bikinis,shorts, etc...

I was when you wore the US Flag bikini when we went fishing.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:18 PM

For sure.

thumb
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher�

I was when you wore the US Flag bikini when we went fishing.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:53 PM

That’s not the same juben. And it is better to have bandannas that look like the U.S. flag than a Iraq flag. Or any other country.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 04:55 PM

That’s not the same juben. And it is better to have bandannas that look like the U.S. than say a Iraq flag

Let’s not rank violations of the US flag code, please.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 05:14 PM

Do you gripe about or report individuals or business, who leave the flag up during a rain storm or don’t have the flag properly illuminated when flying at night?
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 05:38 PM

I saw it and was disappointed but I also realize that it wasn't intentional or meant to be disrespectful. Glad he won and apologized for his error. USA
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 06:04 PM

I once crapped my shorts while wearing American flag swim trunks. Luckily I had brought dry clothes to change into. Threw the doodoo American flag shorts away.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
I once crapped my shorts while wearing American flag swim trunks. Luckily I had brought dry clothes to change into. Threw the doodoo American flag shorts away.

TMI. scared
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 06:12 PM

If their was ever a reason for flag burning that was it.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 06:15 PM

Predictable.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

TMI. scared

LMAO
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 07:33 PM

Never ceases to amaze me how people can make fun of others for being offended easily, and they get offended just as easily.

Intent matters. Lets not be ridiculous.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 07:50 PM

This seems more of an oversight than a intentional disrespect of the flag. He needs to pull his head out of his behind, but this doesn't seem intentional.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 08:05 PM

Predictable.

I think I speak for the majority of the OT when I say that we aren’t surprised in the least

Re: Shaun White dragging the flag - 02/14/18 09:01 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...m=.a9efb1ee0503

“I remember being handed the flag. I was trying to put my gloves on and hold the flag and the board,” he said. “Honestly, if there was anything, I definitely didn’t mean any disrespect. The flag that’s flying on my house right now is way up there. Sorry for that. But I’m definitely proud — very proud — to be a part of Team USA and being an American and to be representing for everyone back home.”
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum