Texas Fishing Forum

Discount tire of Texas

Posted By: RipDaLips

Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 05:37 PM

Their motto is "We will not be undersold".

So I submitted my lower found tire cost package this morning to them and waiting their response.
Keep in mind Discounts per tire cost, includes tire mounting, old tire disposals, balancing and rotations, flats etc.

I found the cost for less on Costco, plus they are offering .01 cents installation per tire which includes balancing, rotations..same as Discount.

Think they'll match the deal?? I would much rather deal with Discount, than Costco. My experience is, they both offer appointments, but I feel Discount has more real time service on appoinments.

Thoughts??

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 05:40 PM

I did Costco last week for the first time. I was pretty impressed. They gave me and appointment was done in less than one hour.

Costco offer free road hazards, free rotations, free flat repairs.

I went with Michelins, and they are offering $70 off installation for Michelins.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 05:43 PM

Costco is good, and my experience with their tire dept has been positive. However if you can get the price matched by Discount I would do that in a heartbeat. Discount has hundreds of locations all over the place you can get flats fixed or rotations done. Costco's warranty service doesn't help too much when you go on a road trip.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 05:43 PM

I think you'd need to get an estimate from Costco for 4 tires and all the labor & disposal charges to know for sure if you're getting a better deal one way or another.

Also, I don't think DTC's $179 includes mounting them, disposal, etc. The free flats fixed is free regardless if you bought them there or elsewhere.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 05:46 PM

Brian,

Total out the door at Costco is $641.79. Discount is $701.96.

$60 dollah's is $60 dollah's. I gotta move on it today, for Costco's penny sale ends today. Although they do offer
the deal fairly often.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 06:04 PM

Does the Costco price include buying the $60 membership?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Does the Costco price include buying the $60 membership?

I'm sure dt has a policy written somewhere. Alot of times it excludes warehouse clubs
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 06:46 PM

Do you get a free pair of yellow sunglasses thrown in?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/12/18 11:44 PM

DT are tire professionals. Costco sells big cases of toilet paper. Who do you want working on your car and tires?

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
DT are tire professionals. Costco sells big cases of toilet paper. Who do you want working on your car and tires?

The guys are very professional and nicely dressed at Costco. Costco Customer Service is top notch and they offer an excellent product on anything they sell.

Some of the Discount Tires dudes look they have been on the rock for a few days.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

The guys are very professional and nicely dressed at Costco. Costco Customer Service is top notch and they offer an excellent product on anything they sell.

Some of the Discount Tires dudes look they have been on the rock for a few days.

thumb

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 12:21 AM

Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 01:17 AM

Yes DT will match Costco.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 01:50 AM

I have a rule, I ain't having my tires/wheels mounted where I buy my eggs.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 01:55 AM

Amazon is the Costco of Idiocracy

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:15 AM

Well sheet. Discount never contacted me today.

I suspect to hear from them tomorrow as Costco's special ended today.

argue
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:21 AM

Is it really worth your time and aggravation to ATTEMPT to save a few bucks?
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:22 AM

Limped in, to my local Discount Tire, with my truck tire almost flat.

Asked for a tire repair and the salesman said we have an opening next Thursday!

Told him I was in the parking lot now with a flat tire, he said Thursday was his first opening.

So their road hazard warranty is worthless and selling new tires is more important to them.

I kind of blew up and let them know what I thought about their customer service. It took a fit throwing to get air in my tire to go somewhere else to get the tire repaired.

F Discount Tire, never again.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Told him I was in the parking lot now with a flat tire, he said Thursday was his first opening.

So their road hazard warranty is worthless and selling new tires is more important to them.

I kind of blew up and let them know what I thought about their customer service. It took a fit throwing to get air in my tire to go somewhere else to get the tire repaired.

Never, ever heard of that from a Disc Tire before.......

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:34 AM

The guys are very professional and nicely dressed at Costco.

Would you date one of them?
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:35 AM

It's all about new sales, just ask the next time you go.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:37 AM

If it has never happened to one person......then it clearly has NEVER happened to anyone. hammer

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto

If it has never happened to one person......then it clearly has NEVER happened to anyone. hammer

Watch it, there, ban boy!

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:48 AM

I do like their free tire rotation program.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:53 AM

Well, ask yourself what Grandpa would do, as he is trying to survive in a run down ole camper as you call it.

No aggravation involved and it only took 1/2 minute to submit to them the cost differences online.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: RipDaLips®

Well, ask yourself what Grandpa would do, as he is trying to survive in a run down ole camper as you call it.

No aggravation involved and it only took 1/2 minute to submit to them the cost differences online.

roflmao

Right on.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 12:10 PM

The guys are very professional and nicely dressed at Costco.

Would you date one of them?

No but I would let them put tires on my vehicles.

I quit using Discount tires years ago due to they didn't have an alignment machine, always used NTB. I have a fleet account with NTB, so I usually go there and the get me in and out pretty fast.

Costco is near my house and we go weekly and their customer services can't be beat. Dropped off vehicle at 1pm, did some shopping at Costco, Got a call from one of the tire guys asked me if I wanted the white letters inside or out.

Paid for items, sit down grabbed a $1.50 hotdog and drink and about 5 minutes later car was good to go.

Discount doesn't have any stores in Frisco, NTB has a few. Costco is just down the road from me.

It was my first time to get tires installed there, I have no issue going back again, fairly easy process.
Posted By: Chevy4dr57

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:29 PM

They have checkout clerks working there and they don't install tires either! hammer

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Chevy4dr57

They have checkout clerks working there and they don't install tires either! hammer

You are wrong. Every person in that store, with exception of the store manager, will change a tire at some point during the day. My son worked there this summer and my nephew is an asst mgr at a store in Austin. Also, I've been in there enough to witness it myself. EVERY ONE OF THEM, CHEBBY! hammer
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:44 PM

Ive always had good luck at Discount. I have heard some horror stories but the stores in Cleburne, Burleson, Denton, Longview and SW Lubbock have always been great. There is usually a bit of a wait, but the few times I have had a flat, they made it a priority to get it fixed quick. And I didn't even buy those tires them.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 02:48 PM

I bought some of the plugs they use on amazon.Got tired of waiting hours to have a tire plugged.Christmas is the best time to buy new tires as they run a visa gift card sale

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:19 PM

You are wrong. Every person in that store, with exception of the store manager, will change a tire at some point during the day. My son worked there this summer and my nephew is an asst mgr at a store in Austin. Also, I've been in there enough to witness it myself. EVERY ONE OF THEM, CHEBBY! hammer

They should of gotten a job at Costco Tires shop instead, they pay much better....

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:23 PM

My tire shop can kick your tire shops arse. Lol

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:29 PM

They should of gotten a job at Costco Tires shop instead, they pay much better....

Disc Tire starts at $11.00/hr, I do know that....

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:30 PM

Basket retrievers at Costco start at $12, I just put in an application

Plus a discount on TP and Eggs.....

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

Discount Tire experts up in hir. argue

Before buying tires.....Always remember to ask yourself.....WWGD? roflmao
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:31 PM

roflmao

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:39 PM

I may apply, what about hot dogs, do you get a free hot dog?

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:41 PM

The $1.50 Pure Beef Hotdog and drink is a loss leader for Costco.

It was introduced in the 90's and the price hasn't changed since then.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:43 PM

I'm opposed to non sustainable business practice like 1.50 hot dog and drink and will not participate.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:46 PM

The $1.50 Pure Beef Hotdog and drink is a loss leader for Costco.

It was introduced in the 90's and the price hasn't changed since then.

Do ya have to buy 'em by the truckload, too? How long does it take to freezer burn one of 'dem dogs?

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:48 PM

Sorry, no more arguing. I gotta go to work. bye

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 03:53 PM

Do ya have to buy 'em by the truckload, too? How long does it take to freezer burn one of 'dem dogs?

You Oklahoma Hillbilly

It is sold form the concessions stand where you can get some of the best Pizza for $8.99 for a large pizza. You probably never been inside a Costco since the sign says "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service"
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 04:10 PM

Discount Tire my experience. I bought a set of tires there in November. After Christmas the low tire light came on & I went by there to have it checked out.

Guy said the tire had a nail in it & it was close to the side wall (about an inch into the threads). He said he would like to replace the tire if I was ok with that.

I said that would be great. He ordered a replacement & they installed it the next morning.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 04:13 PM

I stopped using DT years ago when I found out about Republic tire in Euless.
Posted By: Crowbar

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 04:31 PM

I ran the same exercise for my last set of tires...took Costco price to DT. After a little hem-hawing around, DT grudgingly matched Costco's price. One thing DT told me in the process was Costco typically sells "new, old stock", which is why they can sell so cheap. At first I thought it was just a line to justify their higher price but I looked at the date stamp on the Michelins that I had Costco put on Prybar's car a few months earlier and, sure enough, they were 4 year old tires! Ended up having two of those Michelins replaced under warranty due to issues. They were rated at 70K miles and he got just over 30K out of them before we junked them. As a result, we don't do tires at Costco anymore! DT is the only place I go...they will even match Tire Rack prices!
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 04:40 PM

I'm done done done with discount tire.
Adult male won't get abused there, but a female will be taken advantage of in a heartbeat. Sleazeballs

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 09:22 PM

You Oklahoma Hillbilly

It is sold form the concessions stand where you can get some of the best Pizza for $8.99 for a large pizza. You probably never been inside a Costco since the sign says "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service"

Do they have ringpops at the concession stand? And how did you get in? "Sleeveless" and "sandals w/ socks" counts for the same as "No shirt" where I come from.....
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 11:10 PM

I quit using discount tire after I took my truck in to get my tires rotated last time, after waiting for two hours they walked out and said they can’t rotate them and I need new tires(this was after the guy who did the initial inspection said no problem) Tires had another 6-8k left on them. Got some falken wildpeaks on sale at Walmart.com had them shipped to the door and didn’t have to pay sales tax. Lifetime balancing, rotation, installation, and disposal were about $50 (declined road hazard even though it was only another $39) Out the door for a lot less than discount and the guys at Walmart are a lot friendlier and easier to work with. I’d never buy another tire from discount.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 11:57 PM

DT is the GOAT. Pick out tires, set an appointment, go to appointment and be out in 30-45 mins.

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/13/18 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: JayC41
DT is the GOAT. Pick out tires, set an appointment, go to appointment and be out in 30-45 mins.

You don't know
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/14/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

You don't know

Hush your filthy pie hole.
Posted By: Chevy4dr57

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/14/18 04:14 AM

Obviously one of us is on drugs if you expect me to believe that everyone that works in Costco changes tires!!!
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/14/18 12:19 PM

Obviously one of us is on drugs if you expect me to believe that everyone that works in Costco changes tires!!!

I am picking he is saying everyone changes tires at Discount Tire grin
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/14/18 12:25 PM

are you high on okie's shrooms?

Re: Discount tire of Texas - 02/14/18 12:27 PM

NTB seems best to me.

No need to set an appointment, they can also do an Vehicle Inspection so you can get your tags for the year, they also do alignment on tires.

I have had them do vehicle repairs as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum