Texas Fishing Forum

Crypto Currency

Posted By: GROD

Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:08 PM

If you loss your tail the past couple days in the market and havent bought into crypto currency, now is the time to get in on the crypto currency! Its at a low purchase point and will go up from here. Quick way to rebound the losses from the market... just my 2 cents
Posted By: TR176

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:12 PM

^^go for it. Keep us posted.
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: GROD
just my 2 cents

With that strategy, you'll probably lose that 2 cents.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:27 PM

www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-is-getting-smashed-2018-2

I like the part where some guy who knows more about it than I do says that bitcoin could drop all the way to $1,850.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:28 PM

Well smart guys if you were down 10 percent an hour ago, jumped in the crypto, then jumped out an hour later... you just regained all your losses... lol
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:28 PM

Don't try to time the market.
Steady, regular investing in a diversified portfolio with age appropriate risk/reward is a good long term strategy.

Buying on the way down in increments will tend to outperform going all in at once (don't try to catch a falling knife). The last big correction (bear market) lasted two years

This correction may be brief, or last a while.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:30 PM

Not saying buy and hold... saying buy, recoup losses, jump out. Wait and see what happens the next few weeks..
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:31 PM

Im gonna get me some o dem ol bitcoins and buy some dark web stuff
Posted By: 9094

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:34 PM

Well smart guys if you were down 10 percent an hour ago, jumped in the crypto, then jumped out an hour later... you just regained all your losses... lol

Not really. There is a 4% to 6% buy sell charge from the exchanges like bitcoin.

So it costs you say 5% buying and 5% selling so to actually recoup your loss it needs at least a 20% upward swing.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:39 PM

Waiting for RobinHood to open up trading on Cryptos.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:41 PM

Some predicting total meltdown of the markets. Be careful who you listen to.
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094

Not really. There is a 4% to 6% buy sell charge from the exchanges like bitcoin.

So it costs you say 5% buying and 5% selling so to actually recoup your loss it needs at least a 20% upward swing.

It's 1.5% per transaction on coinbase.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 02:52 PM

Seems legit

https://gizmodo.com/chase-bank-of-america-and-citigroup-all-ban-cryptocur-1822707798
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 03:03 PM

Bitcoin is to currency what Brawndo is to beverages.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave
Bitcoin is to currency what Brawndo is to beverages.

It's what currency craves.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 03:05 PM

Bitcoin has electrolytes???

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
Bitcoin has electrolytes???

Will it grow in the toilet?
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 03:33 PM

Crypto making some big jumps the last hour.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 04:05 PM

I don't gamble much, I invest.

When I do gamble, it's on things like blackjack or lottery tickets.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 06:55 PM

No offense, but any investment is a gamble... gains are gains l, but when your investing for 20-30 years down the road, you must know that the dollar isnt worth what it is today 30 years down the road.. its all a gamble... otherwise put your money in a glass piggy bank.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 07:00 PM

No offense, but any investment is a gamble... gains are gains l, but when your investing for 20-30 years down the road, you must know that the dollar isnt worth what it is today 30 years down the road.. its all a gamble... otherwise put your money in a glass piggy bank.

I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
I bet on sure things.

I wasn't even sure I was going to wake up today.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 07:09 PM

any investment is a gamble

I suspect that you and I have different meanings of the word "investment".

But I do agree that long-term investing has to take inflation into account. That's why I like real estate - you get cash flow, current (net) rent income, the tenant pays down the mortgage for you, and the property usually appreciates in value over time.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 07:26 PM

Diversity is key in any portfolio... I agree with real estate... but Im sure you remember 2008 as well... so diversity is key, and now days crypto has to be a part of that diversity portfolio. Just my opinion...risk involved? Of course, but the gains are worth the risk.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
I like the part where some guy who knows more about it than I do says that bitcoin could drop all the way to $1,850.

That would be that day after I buy it at $10,000!

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 07:59 PM

Diversity is key in any portfolio... I agree with real estate... but Im sure you remember 2008 as well... so diversity is key, and now days crypto has to be a part of that diversity portfolio. Just my opinion...risk involved? Of course, but the gains are worth the risk.

flush_2

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/06/18 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

flush_2

Why would investing in an Old Wooden Ship do any good?

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:35 AM

Funny the top 4 cryptos are up anywhere 14-19 percent last day... this isnt a long term hold.. its and in and out... play the game to cover the cost and make some money. This is one small aspect of investing short term and having some fun too.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:35 AM

Is crypto gambling a little bit?? No doubt
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:41 AM

Funny the top 4 cryptos are up anywhere 14-19 percent last day... this isnt a long term hold.. its and in and out... play the game to cover the cost and make some money. This is one small aspect of investing short term and having some fun too.

thats a good theory
i wish i understood the game

horse season is upon us
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:42 AM

I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun-tzu, The Art of War. Every battle is won before it is ever fought.

LOL
solid
didn't know you were a tzu man

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:53 AM

Do strippers take bitcoin?

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:00 AM

Look GROD. The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and Bitcoin speculation. It's BS. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own Crypto. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you GROD? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:01 AM

Look GROD. The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and Bitcoin speculation. It's BS. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own Crypto. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you GROD? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

Holy [censored]. Derek dropping knowledge bombs up in hurr.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:06 AM

eek2

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Hancock

I don't know about strippers but I was discussing it with my BIL and he said all he knew about Bitcoin was you could use it to pay for live cam shows, lol. I laughed an he said cape cod in the wintertime is lonely.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:13 AM

Gordon, come out to the Hamptons this weekend, The Donald and Melania will be there

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher�

I don't know about strippers but I was discussing it with my BIL and he said all he knew about Bitcoin was you could use it to pay for live cam shows, lol. I laughed an he said cape cod in the wintertime is lonely.

roflmao theres that

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Scagnetti

Gordon, come out to the Hamptons this weekend, The Donald and Melania will be there

Thanks for the offer and I do appreciate it. But I've been commissioned by a private party to head to Nantucket and talk down a guy from jumping off the seawall. I can't say who I'm working for, but I can tell you that my kids were fired up when I told them they can now have all the mac and cheese they want for the rest of their life.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 02:52 AM

Overstocked .com does and I heard Amazon will in the near future.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 03:02 AM

Yall are right, I have no clue what Im talking about or how to make a little extra cash daily/monthly with crypto currency... you guys carry on. Lol
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 11:33 AM

This thread has taken a fantastic turn.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:08 PM

Yall are right, I have no clue what Im talking about or how to make a little extra cash daily/monthly with crypto currency... you guys carry on. Lol

I would never question the expertise of the ot.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 01:08 PM

It's coming.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-globa...s-idUSKBN1FP2FJ

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 03:40 PM

I believe that is a good thing.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 05:49 PM

It is... ^^^^
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 06:01 PM

I do not own any Crypto Currency, but...

...If you think that CC is any LESS legitimate that than dollar, you may need to do some more reading on our current financial system.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: UrsusVeritas

...If you think that CC is any LESS legitimate that than dollar, you may need to do some more reading on our current financial system.

I'm a firm maybe on crypto. Who and what backs the crypto currencies?

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 06:34 PM

Should have bought yesterday, up $1200 today.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: John175
Who and what backs the crypto currencies?

Typically nobody and nothing.

However, there are plenty that are backed by all sorts of various things (not that it makes them inherently better than non-backed cryptos). Tether was the big one in the news lately. It was backed by the US Dollar, but as it turns out, that might not be the best idea as it's looking like it facilitated some manipulation of other coins - predominately Bitcoin.

I've heard of plenty of other examples that are backed by everything from gold and diamonds to oil.

I'd suggest that having the currency backed by something isn't all that important. It's probably preferable to have no backing. If a crypto is backed by something, then someone needs to hold and custody that something, and now that custodial party can have an undesirable influence on the overlying cryptocurrency.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 07:24 PM

And just to throw this out there, it makes more sense to have a dollar (or whatever) backed by a cryptocurrency than a cryptocurrency backed by a dollar.

The cryptocurrency can at least be finite in supply.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 07:38 PM

Let me tell you something Pop. I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see stuff like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, I just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the Crypto.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 07:56 PM

Let me tell you something Pop. I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see stuff like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, I just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the Crypto.

Its like I dont even know you anymore.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 07:57 PM

What is your advice on dogs?

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher�

What is your advice on dogs?

This is a very common question which I get all the time, and my response begins with, How do you react when youre walking with her and see other dogs? Quite frequently, without knowing it, the human will see another dog long before her dog does, and whats the reaction? Oh no, another dog, mine will bark, and then they tense up on the leash and have just sent the wrong energy: Something here is making me nervous. Boom. Your dog senses the threat, and is ready to be aggressive. You need to learn to not react to the possibility of walking by other dogs first, so that you wont draw your dogs attention to them. Next is to learn your dogs energythat first sign that shes about to bark, and then apply the correction right before she does. It takes patience and practice, but it can be done!
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 08:10 PM

Red pill wisdom.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 08:30 PM

Droppin' science like Galileo dropped the orange.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/07/18 08:35 PM

#strongblockchain

I'm thinking of creating a new crypto based on blockchain and calling the denomination "Links"

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 12:44 PM

Ill probably be buying a new ultrex with some of my earnings I took this past week with crypto... lol
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 01:09 PM

I’ll probably be buying a new ultrex with some of my earnings I took this past week with crypto... lol
Did you sell your old ultrex after your losses from the week before?

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 01:21 PM

Like I said before, this isnt a buy and hold game... its a buy low and sale high game. Will go up and down. I havent made a ton of money by any means, but I am up approx 9-10k cleared. Started playing about 7-8 months ago.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 01:49 PM

Like I said before, this isnt a buy and hold game... its a buy low and sale high game. Will go up and down. I havent made a ton of money by any means, but I am up approx 9-10k cleared. Started playing about 7-8 months ago.
Just curious, but how much did you gamble to clear the 9-10K? I know next to nothing about this so not something I should play with but I am curious and always looking to learn what i can from people who seem to know what they are doing. Thanks.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 02:11 PM

I started out with 2000... was the max I could buy in one day at the time so thats what I chose to do. This was back in June or July. I sold some just prior to bitcoin actually surpassing 17k... went up a little more from there and then went down. I also rebought more recemtly when it hit 6k. I also had some entherum, litecoin, and bought bitcoin cash when it hit the market. I still have some of all four currently. Wish I had actually listened to a friend of mine about 3 years ago. Oh well... its a gamble no doubt, but I find it entertaining. Buy low and sale high. Litecoin is the one to watch right now.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 02:12 PM

Funny how gamblers never report losses.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 02:18 PM

Like I said Ive cleared 9-10k... havent loss anything.. and still have some of all 4... love how people who dont understand anything more than what their fidelity guy tells them always have an opinion. Good to have investments in all areas, not just one. Crypto currency is a small part of an investment portfolio these days rather you want to admit it or not. Human nature to resist change.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 02:25 PM

Thanks GROD. I've kicked my [censored] more than once for not sticking $500 bucks into bitcoin when it first came out. I could have done it but didn't think it was a wise gamble at all. Of course I thought the same thing about Amazon the first time they aired a super bowl ad.
I was convinced that bitcoin would be the same as flushing it down the toilet. Boy was I ever wrong. About the wrongest I think I've ever been.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 06:52 PM

Guess I dont look some dumb now huh Wawi... should have bought last week like I said and sold some today... maybe next time.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 07:03 PM

Bitcoin will be at $50k by year end. Laugh now if you want, but maybe you'll remember me saying it when it happens.

Microsoft's new Level 2 protocol is going to kick this bull in the nuts this year and it'll be off to the races. The problems of scalability, speed, and expense will be a thing of the past.

Re: Crypto Currency - 02/14/18 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Floon Swenson
Bitcoin will be at $50k by year end. Laugh now if you want, but maybe you'll remember me saying it when it happens.

Microsoft's new Level 2 protocol is going to kick this bull in the nuts this year and it'll be off to the races. The problems of scalability, speed, and expense will be a thing of the past.

Same goes for the Ethereum and Litecoin blockchains.

Unfortunately it sounds like this might be the end of the line for the Bitcoin Cash fork. Larger blocks might be a deadend technology.

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/11/18 05:43 PM

Got a ways to go for $50,000 bitcoin

"Bitcoin price plunges after cryptocurrency exchange is hacked"

"Bitcoin was trading at about $6,750 on Monday afternoon down from an all-time peak of almost $20,000 in the week before Christmas. In February, it fell to $5,900."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...korea-coincheck

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/11/18 07:02 PM

"Bitcoin was trading at about $6,750 on Monday afternoon down from an all-time peak of almost $20,000 in the week before Christmas. In February, it fell to $5,900."

In the name of transparency, I missed my mid-year prediction (I'm not going to bother sharing it here), but I still think an end of year value of $25-$30k is on the horizon. I'm basing that off a factor of what the cost of a mined coin should be Jan 01 2019 in case you're wondering.

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/11/18 07:22 PM

In the name of transparency, I missed my mid-year prediction (I'm not going to bother sharing it here), but I still think an end of year value of $25-$30k is on the horizon. I'm basing that off a factor of what the cost of a mined coin should be Jan 01 2019 in case you're wondering.

Didn't make one. It's a neat gimmick and probably as good as investing in beanie babies.

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/11/18 07:30 PM

Didn't make one. It's a neat gimmick and probably as good as investing in beanie babies.

What's a neat gimmick?
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/11/18 10:22 PM

Chinese stocks are a good ask wawi
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/11/18 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Jon
Thanks GROD. I've kicked my [censored] more than once for not sticking $500 bucks into bitcoin when it first came out. I could have done it but didn't think it was a wise gamble at all. Of course I thought the same thing about Amazon the first time they aired a super bowl ad.
I was convinced that bitcoin would be the same as flushing it down the toilet. Boy was I ever wrong. About the wrongest I think I've ever been.

At the beginning? You know how much that would be worth today? If you were to buy at the beginning, when the stuff was almost worthless and if you could have bought 500 dollars worth of it you would be worth about 3 billion dollars today.
If you were the normal bloke though, you would have been out at some time in between, like when you first realized 1000 percent profit.

The first purchase was a pair of Pappa John's pizza's. For 10,000 bitcoins which is worth about 67m today.

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/14/18 02:38 AM

Robinhood just started trading Btc and Eth fee free. I tried it out and bought $20 of each to do a simple transaction. It immediately bought it and shows up in my Wallet and tradeable. It takes Coinbase a week to buy/sell. Thoughts?
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/14/18 03:15 AM

Fidelity is starting a crypto fund and desk, all the big financials institutions have crypto trading desks....ETF for cryptos are already there and many large institutions are on the sidelines just about to get in heavily. Once 1 or 2 go in, its a domino effect. Too many people blindly think this is simple currency for buying groceries, coffee, gas etc...And there are applications for that. In 10 years, we will be much less reliant on actual cash and more of electronic processing (outside of Visa, MC etc..) ...The vast majority of cryptology tokens serve a proof of stake, proof of work system that is changing the world. As companies adopt, the value of the base utility token rises. "Smart contracts" are nearing mainstream adoption in terms of big business & we're still in the 1st or 2nd inning of a 9 inning game. This is not going away.

Just look at the membership of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.... Microsoft, Cicso, JP Morgan, Accenture, ING, Intel. etc..etc..etc... 500+ more large organizations.... Blockchain is changing the business world and making old outdated systems much more efficient.
https://www.inc.com/brian-d-evans/the-enterprise-ethereum-alliance-just-got-a-whole-.html

And look what IBM is doing... Pretty cool stuff. https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/ IMB and Stellar - This one is big!! https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/05/15/ibm-to-use-stellar-for-its-first-crypto-token-on-a-public-blockchain/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Do a little reading and don't let the "replacement for money" blind you into the made out of thin air argument. Tokens on the blockchain are the fuel that makes it run, the more adoption by companies that need supply chain management, tracking of packages, verification of Identity, Healthcare records etc..etc...etc....All of those blockchains that make the world more efficient have a token that fuels that particular one. The industries getting into a blockchain type of system are endless...

Re: Crypto Currency - 06/14/18 10:33 AM

I can buy Bitcoin for $1.28

Bitcoin

Re: Crypto Currency - 09/06/18 04:16 PM

Getting closer.

I had my wife invest in iGOLD. Imaginary gold has given me solid profits almost tripling my original investment. She says it's doing just fine.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-falls-off-cliff-again-013510098.html

Re: Crypto Currency - 09/11/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: pacertom
Fidelity is starting a crypto fund and desk, all the big financials institutions have crypto trading desks....ETF for cryptos are already there and many large institutions are on the sidelines just about to get in heavily. Once 1 or 2 go in, its a domino effect. Too many people blindly think this is simple currency for buying groceries, coffee, gas etc...And there are applications for that. In 10 years, we will be much less reliant on actual cash and more of electronic processing (outside of Visa, MC etc..) ...The vast majority of cryptology tokens serve a proof of stake, proof of work system that is changing the world. As companies adopt, the value of the base utility token rises. "Smart contracts" are nearing mainstream adoption in terms of big business & we're still in the 1st or 2nd inning of a 9 inning game. This is not going away.

Just look at the membership of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.... Microsoft, Cicso, JP Morgan, Accenture, ING, Intel. etc..etc..etc... 500+ more large organizations.... Blockchain is changing the business world and making old outdated systems much more efficient.
https://www.inc.com/brian-d-evans/the-enterprise-ethereum-alliance-just-got-a-whole-.html

And look what IBM is doing... Pretty cool stuff. https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/ IMB and Stellar - This one is big!! https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2018/05/15/ibm-to-use-stellar-for-its-first-crypto-token-on-a-public-blockchain/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Do a little reading and don't let the "replacement for money" blind you into the made out of thin air argument. Tokens on the blockchain are the fuel that makes it run, the more adoption by companies that need supply chain management, tracking of packages, verification of Identity, Healthcare records etc..etc...etc....All of those blockchains that make the world more efficient have a token that fuels that particular one. The industries getting into a blockchain type of system are endless...

Others here obviously disagree, but I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Re: Crypto Currency - 09/11/18 02:26 PM

Getting closer.

I had my wife invest in iGOLD. Imaginary gold has given me solid profits almost tripling my original investment. She says it's doing just fine.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-falls-off-cliff-again-013510098.html

It's actually pretty fascinating to watch. There are times when you see a crypto market move in some bizarre ways. I'm talking short term volatility stuff, intraday movement. You'll see some big volume go quick before something happens...or rather something just "happens" to happen. That something seems like it's often related to news of some giant firm with their toe in the water. There are some other things I'll notice here and there, too. I'm just saying that If I were to bet one way or another, I'd likely bet that there are some high level market shenanigans afoot. Just an educated guess.

Either way, the end of the year is looking pretty unlikely, I'll admit. Let's see how long I miss that date by, though.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Crypto Currency - 09/11/18 02:33 PM

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/11/investing/bitcoin-crash-victim/index.html

You'll miss it by a bunch, Floon. $6,300 now.

Re: Crypto Currency - 09/11/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

We'll see. Once time lends some perspective, I don't think I'll have missed it by much. I usually take the long view on this stuff. A year...three years...it's all the same.

As for that article you posted, I knew we were in for a doozy when the article began with "Russell rarely played the stock market and had little investing experience when he put around $120,000 into Bitcoin".

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:28 PM

We will hit $20k by the end of November....Things going well since the first of the year.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:37 PM

All I can say is I posted back in 2018 to get on the crypto... as part of a portfolio... hope some listened. I like tatula reels if you did. Haha .. we see another decent dip/pullback before 50k, but it will see 50k. Rather you bought back in around 4K or you buy now, when it sees 25k-30k-35k and so on, still a good return. Coinbase pro is pretty idiot proof and Simple to use... fees are nearly as bad as regular coinbase... my fees are like 0.10 percent. Just depends on how much trading or buying you do with a time frame. But it’s simple for someone who is not tech friendly. Good luck!

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:38 PM

And there’s more than just Bitcoin...... Bitcoin is the mother ship though for now anyways.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:40 PM

I remember someone having like 120k on here they weren’t sure where to invest to get a decent return... back when it fell back down to the 4-5k range... I said put it Bitcoin... 95 percent told me I was an idiot and to put it in the stock market...guess if he put it in Tesla he did pretty good.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Lol....
Posted By: Streater

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:55 PM

Definitely useful when buying a black market kidney.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:56 PM

I had wrong website, that person was on the BBC....

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Streater
Definitely useful when buying a black market kidney.

Useful when you cash out and see your bank account balance triple... claim on taxes just like anything else.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 03:00 PM

No different then stocks.... day trading, some long holds, and so on... I know someone is gonna say I own part of “whatever” with stocks... like I said, crypto is part of a portfolio... slice of the pie.... but the possible gain is worth the risk. Never lose anything unless you sell...

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 03:11 PM

The official currency of cybercrime

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 03:22 PM

And the dollar isn’t involved in crime...

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 03:52 PM

I just hope people in general make some money off their money they may or may not have during these times. Whatever avenue they choose I hope it works out in their favor and keeps up with inflation.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 04:50 PM

There's some humor in this thread. Unlike GROD, I only sold and bought back in for a small profit once since 2017. Since then I have held my coins or purchased a little more when the price was down. I was considering selling half if it breaks 20k and buying back in on a dip, but don't want to lose out if it makes a run for $30k or higher, so will probably just hold.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 06:54 PM

iGold.

Scagnetti got mine from a Brooklyn contact.
Posted By: viet

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 07:01 PM

I'm glad you bumped this thread back up. What a hilarious read, much like the election thread. Some people just can't get with the times..
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
iGold.

Skinny Joe?
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 07:51 PM

More power to ya if you want to play bitcoin or options or play the horses. Freedom to choose your poison. In all three cases, you end up with nothing tangible.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/23/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
iGold.

I gotta a guy...

10K in Bitcoin for $5K
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 01:03 AM

I have a small amount of GBTC, which is like a bitcoin ETF. GBTC has been up and down with bitcoin of course, but right now it's doing okay. GBTC is bought and sold just like any other stock.
For me, some of the best performers of the year are still in the EV sector, such as TSLA, NIO, WKHS, and KNDI. The six month charts on these are nuts.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
The official currency of cybercrime

“US dollar: official currency of drug trade for over 100 years.”

See how silly that sounds?

“Cars: official cause of DUI deaths.”

“Forks: official cause of obesity.”

There are a million examples like this. Things are used for the wrong purpose all of the time.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 04:15 AM

I trade with approx. 40 percent... hold 60 percent. I’ve sold some around 11k and rebought again around 10ish...I sold 30 percent at 17250 though.... may have been a bad choice... we will see... due for a pullback... be healthy really. 30 percent still on the side lines.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 04:23 AM

Loss a good profit back when Bitcoin ran up to around 13,800, held and ended up taking the ride back down... learned a lesson. Profit is profit and can’t time this market perfectly have a goal and stick to it.

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 01:54 PM

Wish I had held onto the XRP I had though.... who would have thought. Got it around .26 and then bought more around .17-.18.... I got cold feet and sold it a while back at .23... think it just ran up to like .70... oh well.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 02:39 PM

I guess I need to check mine. I dont even remember what I have now lol

Re: Crypto Currency - 11/24/20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by GROD
Wish I had held onto the XRP I had though.... who would have thought. Got it around .26 and then bought more around .17-.18.... I got cold feet and sold it a while back at .23... think it just ran up to like .70... oh well.

Still running...I got a ton in at .22 and not touching it until 1.00 - .64 today - There's a frenzy of the Spark airdrop set to drop on Dec 12th.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum