Texas Fishing Forum

Explosion in Ennis

Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 02:22 AM

Derek is fine. No bees were harmed. More news at 9:00
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 02:35 AM

Sounds very serious. I hope no one died in the explosion.

Explosion at Ennis Polyguard plant.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 02:37 AM

Its not too bad from what I've read. Good thing too because the wife and both daughters are in town.
There is a wild game dinner fundraiser going on.

But how about Belmont Social Club? I drove by there two days ago and it appears to have closed down.
I did notice a pretty Champion out in front of someone's place down there.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 02:55 AM

Everyone is ok from what I've heard. I'm 5 miles away as a crow fly's maybe, and it shook my house. Everyone was like wth was that at the same time. Asphalt rail blew it's top and caught some stuff on fire at PolyCo is what I've heard.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 03:26 AM

Hope everyone is ok.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Kicker16
Hope everyone is ok.
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 03:49 AM

I will never forget a plant blowing up in NW Dallas when I worked for a company there during the early 70's. We could see debris blown up two to three hundred feet in the air. We thought it may have been our plant as it had gas ovens for drying our product, but it was a company a couple of blocks over from it. Evidently, there were storing some dry chemicals up in the rafters of their plant and it self-ignited. Eight people did die that afternoon in a straight line where they worked in the plant. Whoever made the decision to store the chemicals in the rafters did not remember the simple laws of physics that heat rises and it was too hot in the rafters for that chemical compound.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Explosion in Ennis - 02/03/18 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
Everyone is ok from what I've heard. I'm 5 miles away as a crow fly's maybe, and it shook my house. Everyone was like wth was that at the same time. Asphalt rail blew it's top and caught some stuff on fire at PolyCo is what I've heard.

Glad all is well D.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum