Texas Fishing Forum

A new GOAT in town

Posted By: Frank the Tank

A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 02:38 AM

The GOATS just keep on coming from New England. Belichick passed up THE great Tom Landy tonight for most post-season games coached. Wow! The definition of a dynasty is in New England.

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:38 AM

You have to appreciate what they've done in NE.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:40 AM

You think Belichick will hang it up this year if he wins another SB?

I agree he is the GOAT
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:43 AM

Belichick will begin a new dynasty next year as HC of the Giants and he’ll develop Josh Rosen just like he did Tom Brady
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:46 AM

If Kraft really forced the trade of Jimmy G, he might have sold the future for the memories. If BB couldn't keep both, I think he'd have been willing to release Brady even if they win it all this year. Might have killed the dynasty
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:50 AM

Tony Romo just said New England has the best QB, best coach and best owner.

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Hard fact to dispute
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Hard fact to dispute

It’s the best owner part I maybe didn’t expect to hear from him this soon. Not that he thought otherwise, but that I wouldn’t hear him say it. And I’d hardcore Cowboys fans might throw a fit over it.
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:11 AM

No question greatest Dynasty in nfl history.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:15 AM

No argument here, I don't particularly care for them, but can't deny they are the best dynasty ever
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:16 AM

Landry wasn't a cheater.
Posted By: Tc24

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:33 AM

I'm not a Patriots or Cowboys fan, but I couldn't agree more with Romo that New England has the best QB, coach & owner in the NFL. It's a winning combination!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:38 AM

Let's see what he does without Brady....if he keeps doing it I'll concede he's the best, and not just the beneficiary of having the GOAT for nearly 2 decades
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Beer Money
Landry wasn't a cheater.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:53 AM

Hard to argue what Romo said. Not a fan but respect the organization.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 05:07 AM

I think the argument of Bill isn't any good without Tom is not a good argument. I mean you could make that same argument with Bill and Joe, Tom and Roger. Chuck and Terry. I guess you take a lot of these great quarterbacks away and their coaches wouldn't be near as good.

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 05:44 AM

[quote=txmasterpo]Let's see what he does without Brady....if he keeps doing it I'll concede he's the best, and not just the beneficiary of having the GOAT f

While I see your point, we all agree Tom is the GOAT, who is better than Bellichick or are you saying they all will have that common thread/asterisk (A great QB)?
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 12:29 PM

You can win a Super Bowl without a great QB. Some pretty poor QBs have won Super Bowls. However it's hard for a coach to win more than one Super Bowl without a great QB.

Some act like Brady fell out of the sky on the Patriots. They did pick him in the 6th round in 2000.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Beer Money
Landry wasn't a cheater.

Tom Landry was a very Christian person.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:30 PM

Had to look it up but at least I know what GOAT means
Posted By: T Bird

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:33 PM

What makes any of you guy's think "Touchdown Tom" is going to hang it up after this season?

I haven't heard any retirement rumors/plans. Can't think of a reason why he won't be back in the huddle next season.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:38 PM

They are the greatest, damn that pains me to say that.

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 03:54 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ it’s pretty much indisputable

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:01 PM

A handful of the 50 SB championships were won by bus drivers, that's true. Look at the last 25 years though.... the NFL is a QB driven league more than ever. It's no secret that great players make great coaches. Remove the franchise QB from any of them and you can see.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:05 PM

The rings tell the story, all the rest is nonsense.

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
A handful of the 50 SB championships were won by bus drivers, that's true. Look at the last 25 years though.... the NFL is a QB driven league more than ever. It's no secret that great players make great coaches. Remove the franchise QB from any of them and you can see.

So are you saying Belichick isn’t a great coach? And that he’s just built by Brady?
Posted By: Davedave

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/14/18 04:16 PM

Amendola, Hogan, Welker, all didn’t amount to much elsewhere. Did other teams miss on them? Did Brady make them good? Was it the coach?

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/15/18 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo

So are you saying Belichick isn’t a great coach? And that he’s just built by Brady?

It's impossible to separate his accomplishments from Brady....they coincide.....and I don't believe there has been a SB championships won without great QB or the best Defense ful of stars in the last 30 years

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/15/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Davedave
Amendola, Hogan, Welker, all didn’t amount to much elsewhere. Did other teams miss on them? Did Brady make them good? Was it the coach?

Of course it was Brady! Ever hear of Laurent Robinson?
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: A new GOAT in town - 01/15/18 02:05 AM

The GOATS just keep on coming from New England. Belichick passed up THE great Tom Landy tonight for most post-season games coached. Wow! The definition of a dynasty is in New England.

Has he passed in most winning seasons Frank? It is official.. you are a Pats fan. Good to know. And Landry wasn't a cheater. cyclop
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum