Texas Fishing Forum

Movie Review: The Greatest Showman

Posted By: RATZ

Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/13/18 07:21 PM

First I hate musicals, but my daughter wanted to see it. I suffered through it as I would for anything she wants. Worst part was a preview for a movie about a guy coming out of the closet, and how great that is.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/13/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: RATZ
First I hate musicals, but my daughter wanted to see it. I suffered through it as I would for anything she wants. Worst part was a preview for a movie about a guy coming out of the closet, and how great that is.

Thanks for the heads up, it looked like a libfest.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/13/18 10:34 PM

I actually loved the movie and I loathe musicals. I'm not quite sure how you couldn’t like the movie.

The preview for the gay kid is stupidly ridiculous, I can’t believe they keep coming up with this [censored]. You want to be treated equal, fine...quit advertising it.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: RATZ

This is where good parenting should have stepped in.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 03:42 PM

What is the Greatest Showman about?
Who stars in it?
What is your opinion of the mob e and why??

Thanks for the warning of the movie to be avoided, but what is the title?

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 03:44 PM

It’s a musical about PT Barnum.

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 04:16 PM

What did your daughter think about the movie?

And for you guys that don’t want to see the gay movie preview, you best not be going to the theater anytime soon. It’s been played/previewed at 5 movies that I’ve seen lately.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 04:30 PM

Good grief. It gets constantly shoved down our throats at every turn. It just gets old.

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Good grief. It gets constantly shoved down our throats at every turn. It just gets old.

I agree 100%! I’m sure it will win all kinds of awards in Hollywood from the fruitcakes. I almost don’t want to go to another movie until they quit playing this stupid preview.

Re: Movie Review: The Greatest Showman - 01/14/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
What did your daughter think about the movie?

And for you guys that don’t want to see the gay movie preview, you best not be going to the theater anytime soon. It’s been played/previewsed at 5 movies that I’ve seen lately.

she thought it as ok, but not great
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum