Texas Fishing Forum

Big Baller

Posted By: swalker9513

Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:00 PM

No this isn't about Derek.

So Daddy Ball tells everyone that his son's coach, Luke Walton of the Lakers, has "lost his team". The damage this man has done to his son's earning potential is staggering. No one seems to like the guy, yet he is in the sports news weekly. And I get why ESPN has reporters following this guy around...we like train wrecks. Some coaches have admonished the media for covering him. So, here is the question.

Does the media deliver to us what we want (stories we like consuming) or do they tell us what we want (stories they want us to consume)?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:03 PM

I don't follow basketball, there is nothing that interests me less than the big baller
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
I don't follow basketball, there is nothing that interests me less than the big baller

Troof
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

same here. I never read the links with stories of the Ball's, but I'm sick of seeing them.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:05 PM

the dude is a pos, but he is making a living off acting the way he does... and he does no actual work. Lonzo has picked up his play, he will still make a ton of money because unlike his father he keeps his mouth shut for the most part.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:06 PM

I think its all free marketing for him which is smart in some kind of way but I think he is so dumb and will destroy all three of his boys careers...

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: UTDmiller
the dude is a pos, but he is making a living off acting the way he does...

Who's paying him? I know there was a shoe deal, but that hasn't really produced anything, and it wasn't an endorsement deal. He went into the shoe apparel business.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: swalker9513

Who's paying him? I know there was a shoe deal, but that hasn't really produced anything, and it wasn't an endorsement deal. He went into the shoe apparel business.

Apparently the Big Baller Brand sucks...BBB gives them an "F"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...ve-reviews/amp/
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 09:58 PM

Does the media deliver to us what we want (stories we like consuming) or do they tell us what we want (stories they want us to consume)?

Both, but primarily the former because it is what 'sells' or these days generates clicks. and yes we LOVE train wrecks, lol.
At times, the latter, when a reporter or a media outlet has an agenda.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 10:04 PM

He hasn't hurt his sons earning potential at all... if you've got the skills someone will pay you no matter what kind of drama comes with it. Off the court issues and drama take a backseat to talent. It's the way NBA go.

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
He hasn't hurt his sons earning potential at all... if you've got the skills someone will pay you no matter what kind of drama comes with it. Off the court issues and drama take a backseat to talent. It's the way NBA go.

So the kid at the Lakers has a Nike/Adidas contract now? I thought they passed on his dad's $2 billion endorsement deal.

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

Apparently the Big Baller Brand sucks...BBB gives them an "F"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspor...ve-reviews/amp/

Pretty sure he started taking orders without any means of production.
Posted By: Pilothawk

I was one once, but I had it repaired surgically. Size of a baseball I tell you. Trust me on this...it is not something one enjoys.

The condition is called a hydrocele. You learn to be very careful how you squat down while wearing jeans.

You don’t want one.
Posted By: HasBen

Based on the latest reactions on LA, the Lakers may be getting fed up. LaVar is putting his son at odds with the coach and I don’t believe Lonzo is an elite enough player for that type of power play.

I thought this recent article explains the Lakers problem with the Balls pretty well.

“There was nothing particularly surprising about LaVar Ball's latest attack on the Lakers; it is generally understood he's a blowhard joke of a father who will go to any lengths to promote himself on the backs of his children.
More alarming was son Lonzo's reaction.“”

http://beta.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-ball-plaschke-20180108-story.html
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 10:23 PM

Thought this was about the new Alabama quarterback
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Big Baller - 01/09/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

1) Lonzo could’ve signed a Nike or Adidas contract worth millions. Instead, he is with a fledgling Big Baller Brand. Teams are already weary of potentially signing him and the Lakers are getting fed up with this stuff too.
2) He took his youngest son out of high school to home school him because he didn’t like the high school coach. Now he is playing on a JV team in Lithuania, either for free or very little money. There is good basketball to be played in Europe, but not where they are. Also, his youngest is a junior in high school, I believe, and now he has no eligibility left for college or high school basketball and I don’t think he can play AAU anymore either. He probably will not make it to the NBA.
3) His middle son, the one arrested in China, is the worst player of the three, and has never played a game of college basketball. Now he is no longer eligible, because he is playing in Lithuania. Really didn’t have a shot at the NBA, but we’ll never know, because his dad took him out of UCLA for Lithuania.

He has decimated his sons’ earning potential in almost every way. His kids aren’t that talented. Lonzo is NBA-worthy, but not worthy of the amount of press he has gotten. The middle kid isn’t NBA worthy and definitely won’t make it now. The younger one had the potential to be, but is way undersized and way too cocky. Who knows, though, if he will even get a shot, because eventually the dad’s 15 minutes will run out and no one will care about the kids anymore, especially playing in the C League of Lithuania.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 12:12 AM

Maybe this will have a happy ending with all three sons marrying a Kardashian and they all move to Lithuania never to be heard from again
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 01:12 AM

Quit talking about a nut case. Maybe he'll go away.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Maybe this will have a happy ending with all three sons marrying a Kardashian and they all move to Lithuania never to be heard from again

That's a heck of idea.
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 01:21 AM

He's ruining ANY chance of success for his kids. I feel for them to a point. He is a blowjard and will wind up destroying his kids
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
He's ruining ANY chance of success for his kids. I feel for them to a point. He is a blowjard and will wind up destroying his kids

Can’t stand blowjards.

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 01:23 AM

Better than a blowmard.

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 01:24 AM

And don't even get me started on blowplards
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
And don't even get me started on blowplards

You are welcome-

blow·hard
[ˈblōˌhärd]
NOUN
N. AMER.
informal
a person who blusters and boasts in an unpleasant way:
"a bunch of pompous blowhards trying to get on the news" · "local blowhard politicians"
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 02:15 AM

Don't forget the blowtards!
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: lconn4

Ummmm-
I wish I hadn’t googled that-
bolt
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 04:13 AM

Cannot stand that guy. What a frigging idiot.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 04:44 AM

Those boys are starting to hate there dad I’d bet my life on it
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: steveiam
Originally Posted By: lconn4

Ummmm-
I wish I hadn’t googled that-
bolt

That made me curious to see what it said... then I googled youtube blowtards official roflmao and watched a hilarious video seen by only 24 people.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 07:51 AM

Just like the William sisters..bandwagoning.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Big Baller - 01/10/18 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: kjwolvy
Just like the William sisters..bandwagoning.

What?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum