Texas Fishing Forum

Tin Top?

Posted By: warrick

Tin Top? - 08/11/17 09:52 PM

Anyone launch from here? I live in Keller and don't feel like driving out to PK tomorrow. Is this a decent place to fish?
Thanks
Rick
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Tin Top? - 08/11/17 10:20 PM

I've fished there twice without much luck. The water was really stained both times. It might be better now that we're not in a drought. Pretty scenery in that area. I did manage one small spotted gar and some sunfish (if I'm not having any luck I break out my fly rod and chase sunfish).
Posted By: smileyman

Re: Tin Top? - 08/12/17 02:34 AM

Man the only thing I have done out at tin top was wakeboard .. Just saying watch out for the wakeboard boats !

Re: Tin Top? - 08/12/17 05:31 PM

Thanks for the info. I went to the grasslands instead. Caught 10, nothing huge. Nice to get out though.
Posted By: texas-rig

Re: Tin Top? - 08/12/17 08:11 PM

Which lakes did you hit, I'm hoping to get out there this next week. Its been 3 years, but I wanna hit clear lake and possibly rhodes if there is water in it.

Re: Tin Top? - 08/12/17 09:27 PM

I went to Cottonwood. The lake is down a few feet. It had been about 4 years since I had fished out there.
I was riding my motorcycle out there about 3 weeks ago checking out there lakes. Clear Lake was closed due to vandals tearing up the fishing pier. Rhodes was getting low. Black Creek looked good, but it is always crowded there.
Good luck.
Posted By: texas-rig

Re: Tin Top? - 08/13/17 02:50 AM

Thanks for the report, I'll post up what I find
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum