Texas Fishing Forum

Show Your Rig

Posted By: Crankalot

Show Your Rig - 08/01/17 02:52 AM

I don't think there's currently a thread on this. Post any relevant details you like.

Here's mine. Nothing fancy but I got a great deal on it. Heritage Osprey 13' with Lowrance Hook 4
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/01/17 10:46 AM

I love posts like this. Sorry cant post pics but we have viking reload, viking 440 with hard cover front lid with custom pinstriping, viking 400 lite, viking gt, viking profish 35 and an ocean kayak spec for a kid/buddy boat. They are all rigged
Posted By: ipconfig

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/01/17 01:56 PM

Not technically a kayak but not sure where else I would fit.

Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/01/17 02:47 PM

I have a pair of Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandems, one fitted with a Lowrance Elite 4-HDI. I go pretty minimalist on the gear, usually 2 rods and 1-2 tackle trays. I think my next kayak will be a Viking.

Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/01/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05
I have a pair of Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandems, one fitted with a Lowrance Elite 4-HDI. I go pretty minimalist on the gear, usually 2 rods and 1-2 tackle trays. I think my next kayak will be a Viking.

Iv got some vikings you can try.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/02/17 03:30 AM

Thank you mucho, I might take you up on that offer the next time I'm visiting family in the Dallas area.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/02/17 08:53 AM

Perception Illusion
Posted By: Jaustin

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/02/17 11:46 AM

Cool pic!
Posted By: metanium

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/02/17 02:41 PM

Mi amigo. Just got it a few weeks back and this pic was the first day I got it wet. I've since added YakAttack gear tracs, paddle holders, & zooka tube. Plan on adding the Diablo skeg kit soon.

Posted By: BayouFennec

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/02/17 02:46 PM

Metanium.......i really like the Amigo and am close to pulling the trigger. i demo'd one recently and it felt very stable. my only concern is the comfort of the Larry Chair. how do you like it after hours on the water? any issues?
Posted By: Atxguy

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/03/17 10:47 PM

My NuCanoe Frontier 12. I use a Riptide 45 lbs trolling motor on long runs. Very stable ride and great to fish out of.

Posted By: KurtActual

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/04/17 12:11 PM

Another Amigo owner here.

Bayou_Fennec: the Larry chair is plenty comfortable.
The thing about the Amigo, is it is so incredibly stable, I found that I was only sitting half of my trip. It was so easy to just jump up and cast from a standing position, why cast from the chair?
I really only spent time in the chair when I was moving from one spot to another with a paddle in my hand.
Posted By: metanium

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/08/17 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: KurtActual
Another Amigo owner here.

Bayou_Fennec: the Larry chair is plenty comfortable.
The thing about the Amigo, is it is so incredibly stable, I found that I was only sitting half of my trip. It was so easy to just jump up and cast from a standing position, why cast from the chair?
I really only spent time in the chair when I was moving from one spot to another with a paddle in my hand.

I completely agree w/Kurt on the Larry Chair's comfort, but also lack of use due to the overall stability of the Amigo.
Posted By: RealBigReel

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/10/17 01:37 PM

Strip built, Balsa and Western Red Cedar, open cockpit, 15' long 29" wide.
Hobie Mirage drive.
Seat back rod holders.
YakAttack rails with Railblaza rod holders.
Cavernous custom cooler and front hatch.
Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP SI GPS G2 Fishfinder

Build log:
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=242257
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/10/17 09:48 PM

My new 2017 Jackson Big Rig (warranty replacement for a Jackson Cuda LT). My Big Rig is blond and blue eyed like my wife. It also has some brown mixed in making this sort of a light colored version of a camouflage.

Pretty much just stock here, as it came from the factory. All I have added so far is an Anchor Wizard I already owned, then I made a chain anchor that hangs down in a hole designed for a drag anchor.

The stand-up bar is standard and so is the back pack on the rear of the seat. I don't think I have ever seen a kayak so geared up and ready to go for fishing. Stick a couple of Plano tackle boxes on each side of the seat in a provided area (cool) and grab 4,5, 6 rods: two behind you, one on each side horizontal, then I have two up front to rest my rods when not it use. Off you go.

Next up? I already have a 55 lbs. thrust TM and an Optima Blue Top battery . . . so, I am heading over to see Kevin Dismuke this weekend for one of his TM mounts. Why? This is a great, well I think a super great kayak for slow rivers and streams, ponds, smallish lakes, inshore and more . . . but if I want to cross miles and miles to the other side of my lake and some others, it's pretty slow (98 lbs. with seat, 13'2" and 37 or 38" wide. I'll have an option for power to use at times.

Very stable.

That is a C-Tug cart under it. Fabulous.

Brad

Posted By: texas-rig

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/11/17 02:27 AM

Here my rig, Ride 135 with Lowrance Elite 7TI
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/11/17 12:03 PM

My Outback has a lot of mojo. My AI is new and hasn't been slimed or outfitted just yet.

Posted By: Michael Ray

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/16/17 04:00 AM

Posted By: jagg

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/16/17 08:14 AM

Another Nucanoe Frontier 12. Only had time to slap on the anchor trolley so far.
Posted By: Fishin'Mark

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/17/17 07:54 AM

Old Town Predator 13. Double anchor trollies, Lowrance Elite 5 HDI, 8' YakAttack Parkn'Pole. Boat has seen a lot of lakes and a lot of fish. The other guy is my fishing buddy Chris in his 10' Malibu MiniX.

Posted By: txninja

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/18/17 02:39 PM

Posted By: shoreburd

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/18/17 05:12 PM

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/18/17 05:14 PM

My baby

[img:center]http://imgur.com/5ctLa95[/img]

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/18/17 05:15 PM

Apparently i cant technology today
Posted By: Longliner

Re: Show Your Rig - 08/19/17 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: RealBigReel
Strip built, Balsa and Western Red Cedar, open cockpit, 15' long 29" wide.
Hobie Mirage drive.
Seat back rod holders.
YakAttack rails with Railblaza rod holders.
Cavernous custom cooler and front hatch.
Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP SI GPS G2 Fishfinder

Build log:
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=242257

That's freaking sweet!!
I hope to build one someday too
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum