Texas Fishing Forum

The Blue Water Classic

Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

The Blue Water Classic - 07/12/17 11:17 AM

The Texas Blue Water Classic finally happened this past weekend. One of our own, Mr. Christian Merrick of North Central Texas pulled off a win! He may fill us in on some of the details but, I can tell u he placed in the King Fish division.

I will also say the catching was good for just about everyone last weekend. But, it was especially good for Mr. Merrick. So, congrats to our friend Christian, one of the nicest fellas on the forum. What a catch!!! laugh

*Pic of winners at the weigh in.

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/12/17 03:18 PM

I see Prof. Salt (Glenn Madden) a local guy did pretty well himself, but the bite must have been pretty awesome with those results.
Congrats to Christian!...Well done! thumb
Posted By: lconn4

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/12/17 10:57 PM

That's the way its done! Looks like Christian caught a monster. Great win, great guy! cheers
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/13/17 11:52 AM

Congrats to Christian! The salt water is calling me!
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/14/17 08:51 AM

I didnt win. I ended up getting 5th. I did however get the biggest king of the touney. George young got 2nd and biggest fish of the tourney and biggest cobia. It was a blast. I hope to go back down for the one aug 26

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/14/17 09:05 AM

Thanks very much all. I dont know many other stats. I know my big king was 34.9 lbs and 55 inches long.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/15/17 10:06 AM

My longest king fish so far is just under 53".
It pulled so hard and fast I was sure it was a shark during the fight! Mine wasn't near as heavy as yours. Jason said it looked like 2' of it was hanging out of your cooler bag. Wow, what a catch! thumb

Re: The Blue Water Classic - 07/15/17 02:51 PM

Thanks brotha. Yeah, i have a 42" bag. There went all my ice. Lol. I do have to say how cool it was to fish in a tourney with people i watch on videos. For us it was very intimidating. Im just lucky we didnt come in last.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum