Texas Fishing Forum

Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything

Posted By: greenyak

Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/24/17 04:05 AM

Posted By: Crankalot

Re: Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/24/17 11:05 AM

You sure did catch a mixed bag. It's always fun to see the hook up/fighting the fish, maybe you can include that next time
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/24/17 12:36 PM

greenyak's video has a lesson embedded in it, one I forget all of the time. It is that we often forget that we don't have to stay seated in our kayaks, that we can also use them to take us to islands, rock points, banks, wading spots . . . and get out and fish on foot. Doing this, we can hit spots inaccessible to bank fishermen and boaters in many cases. No worries for those times so much about wind, slow your fishing down a bit, really work areas.

I know this seems to be more common with river kayaking but I can think of dozens of spots on the lakes I fish where I might have better results if I could remember to pop out of my kayak and fish one of these areas.

Cool video!

Brad

Re: Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/24/17 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Crankalot
You sure did catch a mixed bag. It's always fun to see the hook up/fighting the fish, maybe you can include that next time
I normally do but my action camera quit working.
Posted By: ralph

Re: Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/24/17 06:25 PM

Enjoyed the video. You did catch quite a variety. River seemed busy with numerous kayaks, waders, bank fishermen and even a snorkeler. Was it that crowded or was that filmed over a longer stretch and just appears really busy due to editing out the empty non action parts?

Thanks again.

Re: Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/25/17 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: ralph
Enjoyed the video. You did catch quite a variety. River seemed busy with numerous kayaks, waders, bank fishermen and even a snorkeler. Was it that crowded or was that filmed over a longer stretch and just appears really busy due to editing out the empty non action parts? This all one day, my action camera quit so I could only take a video with my regular camera after I caught the fish.

Thanks again.

Posted By: Tommar

Re: Fished San Gabriel river today and caught a little bit of everything - 06/25/17 11:44 PM

Nice hole you found there!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum