Texas Fishing Forum

Tackle webs

Posted By: Shaun Russell

Tackle webs - 05/24/17 04:15 PM

I've been looking for a product to mount tackle in front and to the sides of me while in the kayak. I just found this product and was wondering if anyone has tried them?
TACKLE WEBS
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Tackle webs - 05/24/17 05:13 PM

I use a different model for some stuff - well built and works well. even though i haven't tried all models what i have seen it looks like a solid product and well thought out.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Tackle webs - 05/24/17 05:50 PM

Interesting. Looks like those would be handy attached to the sides of a cooler laugh
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Tackle webs - 05/24/17 07:06 PM

One of my favorite accessories: well built, priced right.

Here is a photo of one mounted to the back of my kayak Propel 10 seat. Oops!, the photo is one its side!

Brad

Re: Tackle webs - 05/24/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
One of my favorite accessories: well built, priced right.

Here is a photo of one mounted to the back of my kayak Propel 10 seat. Oops!, the photo is one its side!

Brad

Brad do you think two 3740 Plano boxes would fit in that size? Or would a person need the next size up?
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Tackle webs - 05/25/17 12:04 PM

I just went out and measured: mine is 10.5" wide and 12" deep.

So, at least one nice sized Plano would fit inside but I don't know the 3740's dimensions.

The Tackleweb I have fits "inside" the slightly wider perimeter size of the back of my seat so it isn't sticking out, doesn't impede me swiveling around to access either it or something in the tankwell.

And, it is not as flat as it appears to be in the photo; that is, it blouses out so something other than a flat object (like a book or a magazine shape) could be placed in it. Not that you'd want to . . . but as an example I guess what I am saying is you could likely cram a football in there.

It has a Velcro strip across the top to secure it.

This company is one of the better "finds" for me in the after-market accessories for kayaks. Well built and relatively cheap compared to anything Native or Hobie has.

Another GREAT source for after-market kayak stuff is The Kayak Fishing Store, link below. If you are trying to adhere to a financial budget, DON'T click below. Ha!

Brad

Great after-market source

Re: Tackle webs - 05/25/17 05:08 PM

I believe the 3740's are about 9-1/2"x15".
I have a area just forward and to the side of the seat that I could keep a couple tackle boxes to the side.

They offer one that is 24" wide
that would hold two 3740's up right. The depth of the kayak is about 12" in that area so the boxes would stick up 3". That would be enough to make them easy to get to, but not to high to get in the way of my paddle stroke path.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum