Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Report May 22nd

Posted By: JCG57

Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/22/17 10:44 PM

Perfect conditions this morning - largely overcast sky and light to moderate winds. Fished north shoreline west of Murrell and sound a nice school of whites. For over an hour it was a fish on nearly every cast, all caught on a small lipless crankbait. Most in the 8 inch to 12 inch range; a few might have gone 14. Caught a few largemouth as well, nothing large. Bonus of the trip was an 18 inch channel cat. Also saw Flo Mo's finest (police and fire) out on the water practicing with their cool toys (boat, jet skies, rubber raft).
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/24/17 08:19 PM

Thanks for the report. I keep forgetting about Grapevine when I'm heading for a lake to fish. Did you spend any time at the Dam?

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/25/17 02:47 AM

I will start fishing the south shore line near the Gaylord/marina/island and along the dam and at the aerator later in the summer.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/25/17 11:49 AM

Great report!

I used to encounter various PDs and emergency responders out a Wheeler Branch honing their SCUBA diving skills in the clear water down there.

Look forward to more reports as the season goes along.

Brad
Posted By: Juggnblues

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/26/17 04:39 PM

Thanks for the info !
Posted By: Kensho TX

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/29/17 03:19 AM

where do you launch when you fish by the gaylord?

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/29/17 12:57 PM

Katie's Woods Park. $5 launch fee. Takes me about 20-30 minutes of easy-paddling trolling past the Gaylord and along the dam to get to the aerator, depending on how often I stop to land largemouth or crappie that take the crank bait du jour.

Re: Grapevine Report May 22nd - 05/30/17 03:56 PM

Update for May 30 - school of whites still off of Twin Coves this morning, also caught a few decent largemouth inside the coves on a squarebill crank. Very light wind this morning, made for easy paddling. Lake was a little busier today than in past weeks - school must be out!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum