Texas Fishing Forum

Harbor Freight Bed Extender ?

Posted By: Shaun Russell

Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 04:27 PM

So I've had a HF bed extender before but I used it only for extending the bed. Not sure if anyone here has their extender, but I was wondering if it could be turned up 90 degrees and have the kayak sitting on the roof of the truck?
Thanks
Shaun
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 04:42 PM

Only one way to find out.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 05:33 PM

I think you want the Weston Canoe loader. It plugs into the receiver hitch and has a vertical bar that adjusts to the height necessary. The t-top part swivels 360 degrees so you can load from the rear and then rotate the front of the canoe/kayak around over your vehicle.

http://www.prolineracks.com/weston-canoe-loader-31-0901-w.html

I bought one from Cabelas years ago and it works great. I just no longer need it since I traded in my SUV for a pickup. I will sell it to you for $75.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 07:38 PM

U will probably need to add another piece of square tubing if u wanna get it level w/top of truck cab. If i remember right, my stock HF Bed Extender only extended up to the top of the toolbox or so when reversed. It might get up higher on mini truck.

Re: Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE
U will probably need to add another piece of square tubing if u wanna get it level w/top of truck cab. If i remember right, my stock HF Bed Extender only extended up to the top of the toolbox or so when reversed. It might get up higher on mini truck.

Hey, how has it been going for you?

I remember putting in in my full size truck, but couldn't remember what happened. I think that's it.
I have a smaller truck now and it might just work. They have them for $59 at HF. But run 20% off sales on them quite often.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 08:22 PM

Scroll down to see one upright on a Tacoma.

Another Harbor Freight extender upright on a Tacoma.

Why do you want it upright?

Re: Harbor Freight Bed Extender ? - 05/22/17 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05

Yep, that's how I want to haul the kayak. I have a Dodge Dakota so I think the height might work!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum