Texas Fishing Forum

Camping on the Brazos

Posted By: BoPro

Camping on the Brazos - 05/09/17 03:08 PM

Just wanted to share a pic from our recent trips.

Posted By: Mooreg9

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/09/17 03:59 PM

What section of the Brazos river is this?
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/09/17 06:41 PM

Awesome photo!

Originally Posted By: Mooreg9
What section of the Brazos river is this?

I'm going to say below PK. We'll see what he says but below Whitney I wouldn't want to be that close to the water.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/09/17 07:42 PM

Wow, that's cool!!! Well done.
Posted By: Hawkpuppy 1

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/09/17 07:44 PM

Looks like below PK to me as well. That being said, I don't think you are supposed to be up where the tents are above normal vegetation line.

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/09/17 10:53 PM

Yes. It's below PK. I've been doing this stretch for over 15 years and know the river pretty well. You do want to camp below the veg line when possible. There are plenty of sand and gravel bars. I've met plenty of land owners and my occurrences have always been pleasant. They were intrigued that we were fly fishing, and I've never had an issue. Just show respec and never leave a trace.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/10/17 12:40 AM

clap got ta make that happen soon myself. Very inspiring Bo thumb
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/15/17 10:43 PM

Great photo.
I'm trying to choose between Brazos below PK and Caddo Lake for my end of May trip.
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/16/17 12:05 AM

Very cool photo... cheers
Posted By: Huddleston

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/16/17 03:57 PM

Do you know if there is anywhere on the river to set up camp using hammocks with tarps? I saw where someone said about camping at the normal veg line, but I didn't know if there was a place that you could set up hammocks or not. I have a group wanting to do some kayak camping on the Brazos, but none of us have ever been down there. I appreciate all of the help. Awesome pictures as well!
Posted By: Streater

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/16/17 06:30 PM

You suck Mike. :-)
Posted By: FlyPK

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/17/17 10:18 PM

Doing this trip this weekend, hoping to do some fly fishing along the way. Any tips on where/what to fish?

Re: Camping on the Brazos - 05/18/17 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Huddleston
Do you know if there is anywhere on the river to set up camp using hammocks with tarps?

I've seen others with hammocks set up at camp. We always past sites where we are like "man, that would be perfect for a hammock" But I always camp at the same spots, which are not hammock friendly...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum