Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine

Posted By: pineywoods

Lake Palestine - 09/28/16 01:27 PM

I am going to go after channel cats next week and if you have a recent report I would appreciate that. Not sure if I will fish the upper end in shallow water this early, or need to find some points near deeper water in the main lake right now. My last trip to L Palestine was during the w. bass run in the upper Neches at Chandler when a huge lightning storm hit. I got out safely but ended up leaving my best paddle on the ground at the park!!! Rats, I need a good Palestine trip to put a better spin on that luck.

FYI- I recently ordered an Aquabound Manta Ray paddle from Outback.com for $87!! It is a good paddle for me, but I returned the 200cm for a 220cm and can't wait to try out the right-sized paddle. That's a good price and they are a good supplier.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lake Palestine - 09/28/16 01:39 PM

Man sucks to lose a paddle!

I have no info on that lake never fished it but wish you luck.

I paddle a 260 and would something even longer! ha ha. Good luck with the new 220.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lake Palestine - 09/28/16 01:40 PM

What are you paddling with a 220? Just curios that seems short to me.
Posted By: pineywoods

Re: Lake Palestine - 10/05/16 01:47 PM

Yep, 220 was too short. Sent it back to exchange for a 230. That's what the charts said that I needed for my width kayak and my style. I paddle more vertically than most. While it is in the process of exchange I am using my big bladed canoe paddle and man, is that a powerful and FAST way to push my Prowler 13. That was a real eye opener. If I paddle with it hard and fast I only have to change sides about every 4th stroke. Slow paddling is about every 2nd stroke, but that's no big deal. I am going to keep the single blade paddle in my bag of tricks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum