Texas Fishing Forum

replacement kayak seat for sit in kayak

Posted By: basshunter2000

replacement kayak seat for sit in kayak - 09/14/16 08:03 PM

hello everyone, I have been fishing out of my pelican recreational sit in kayak, it's fun... cramped, but fun. only problem I have is the seat it is low cut and is murder on the back, I would like suggestions for a full back seat that won't break the bank
Posted By: Mkirby

Re: replacement kayak seat for sit in kayak - 09/14/16 10:09 PM

I put a Yak Gear seat in my Pelican. It has 4 straps that I had to add some padeyes for but it worked and made it a lot better to fish out of for longer periods of time. Now my teenage son uses it and fishes along side me with no issues. I it was $60.00 at Academy. It has a higher back, and more cushion that what came in the castaway from factory.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/yak-gear-sting-ray-kayak-seat#repChildCatid=775956
Posted By: nomad45

Re: replacement kayak seat for sit in kayak - 09/15/16 02:13 AM

I bought a ascend kayak seat from Bass pro for my brothers F&S eagle talon Kayak, He loves it I used it once and it did make a world of difference. Got it on sale $65 reg like $80 something.
Posted By: basshunter2000

Re: replacement kayak seat for sit in kayak - 09/16/16 04:29 PM

awesome thanks guys I'll have to check them out, the seat is the only unbearable part of my yak so it would be great to fix it
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: replacement kayak seat for sit in kayak - 09/17/16 05:52 AM

The Ascend seat is a pretty good deal at the regular price. They are plenty strong, and relatively easy to adapt to different kayaks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum