Texas Fishing Forum

High school kayak bass fishing

Posted By: Thecrankster

High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 03:48 AM

I'm seeing a trend...My son is fishing his High School bass fishing team and his partners dad has a boat...But I'm seeing this thing getting bigger but not enough boat captains...Bam Here comes High School kayak bass fishing watch it's coming and it's gonna get huge
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 01:16 PM

What School?
Posted By: Matty

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 02:39 PM

My nephew would LOVE this. He loves to fish and has a kayak but not a boat. He's in Frisco ISD. Is this a real thing or just speculation that it'll happen someday?
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 03:20 PM

Speculation. Heck Bass fishing teams from boats is still fairly new in High Schools as it is. I sure wish they had it when I was in school I would have been all over it!

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 05:23 PM

Guess what it's REALITY I'm putting together a yak tourney between 6 schools right now

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 05:25 PM

Is it formal NO but is it better than sitting around? I have 12 kids so far from 6 schools It'll be fun
Posted By: Mkirby

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 08:52 PM

Thecankster

what area are you in? my 17 year old would LOVE this! he was so mad at me this morning when I told him I fished the working man tournament without him last night. Let me know your area, and when you get dates and spot for this tournament and I will see if we can make it.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 09:50 PM

It would be better IMHO. CPR format would teach high schoolers about conservation while still allowing them to showcase their angling skills to colleges. Kayaking promotes outdoor lifestyle and exercise. Schools could buy X number of kayaks and outfit them with basic options like a paddle, 4" sonar only FF, anchor trolley system, rod holder, and milk crate. Students provide some gear/tackle and a PFD.

I like the idea. However getting a school to go for it might be difficult on the safety side of things.

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/26/16 10:51 PM

It's coming I promise my son is taking video and editing classes and his uncle has 20 yrs experience in video production...Hes starting a youth driven kayak fishing show...And it won't be no go pro stuff...Go to 496films.com see fletcher Shyrock stuff that's the quality...Get a young gun like Fletcher to start kayak bass fishing then we're off to races..
Posted By: Wishicaughtmore

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/29/16 04:54 AM

Crankster I agree with you, the future of high school bass fishing will be with kayak teams. I'm in the school business and it's the only way a multitude of schools can form and sponsor bass teams long term. Personally, I think it's a great idea and you might even get UIL to sanction it down the road.

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 08/31/16 03:24 AM

Go to our High School bass club meeting...Guess what 22 kids show up only 12 kids have captains...I think in the long run this is gonna be a big problem...And this bass high school thing just started 5 yrs ago now over 20,000 kids bass fish....I just see kayaks being included in the mix...Way to easy to get all kids included......I understand safety issue
Posted By: kickingback

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 09/02/16 01:06 PM

Check out Texas Fish and Game Magazine website and if you can read the articles int hem they have done about three articles on High School Bass fishing. Looks like it is gonna take off. I am glad too. I feel these clubs i school teach our youth the benefits of getting outdoors and meeting people and competition. It brings out the best in our young and makes them better fishermen both on the water and off.

Re: High school kayak bass fishing - 09/15/16 07:17 PM

Go read about captains in Grapevine HS thread....And kids are gonna be left out as it gets bigger....Hello Kayak High School Bass fishing.....A place for both to exist
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum