Texas Fishing Forum

Kayaking with a side of fries

Posted By: doctorliver

Kayaking with a side of fries - 08/06/16 07:49 PM

Well I finally got the Jackson Coosa out on the water. Was planning to hit the Colorado river in Columbus, but took the chance and hit the upper Yegua Creek early this morning to see if I could hook into some whites and hybrids. For whatever reason, I caught just about every small fry large mouth bass and small fry white on the very swollen and fast moving creek. Twenty or more of these fellas took my spinner bait. It was literally one right after the other and you could see the school of small fish chase my spinner bait as it approached the kayak. Only one nice size bass that slipped away before I could snap a picture....so frustrating when I drop a fish!

Regardless, it was nice seeing the sunrise, the wildlife, catching a few fish and seeing the monster size carp and gar that currently resides in the water. Good way to spend the morning hours before the heat of the day set.

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Kayaking with a side of fries - 08/07/16 03:18 AM

Nice!!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Kayaking with a side of fries - 08/07/16 08:37 PM

Nice trip. I've fished that area many times. Lots of small spotted bass in there too. If you paddle up to the Y, where the overflow spillway feeds in you can catch some catfish and crappie.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kayaking with a side of fries - 08/09/16 02:14 AM

Nice post! cheers
Posted By: lostinthewoods

Re: Kayaking with a side of fries - 08/10/16 01:22 AM

Great photos!
Posted By: doctorliver

Re: Kayaking with a side of fries - 08/14/16 09:55 PM

Thanks for the tip J-moe. I actually caught most of these small guys right at the Y. I Didn't pack a good anchor on this trip, so it was tough to stay put with the current.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum