Texas Fishing Forum

above or below Ganbury

Posted By: DirtyAscendFS12T

above or below Ganbury - 07/28/16 02:32 AM

I have a buddy coming down and was looking for a good fishing spot above or below Granbury where he might catch a striper or sandie. Is Hamms creek producing or the brazos around weatherford. I'm fairly new to the kayak fishing scene and looking for pointers to get him hooked.
Posted By: JOED214

Re: above or below Ganbury - 07/28/16 10:34 AM

I would stay clear of Hamm Creek this time of year. Fishing there in the summer typically is not that great and the skiers and wakeboard boats can be out of control....
Posted By: Bubbadoc

Re: above or below Ganbury - 07/28/16 01:41 PM

Don't know about above but below was on fire for stripers and sand bass until they shut off the water almost 2 weeks ago. Was running at 400 cfs steady for about two weeks but has been shutoff to 2 cfs since the 16th. If you see the flow go back up it can be good. The problem below the lake is access. The only access is at the dam and that is about a 1/4 mile walk and hard climb down to the water if you have a kayak. Maybe someone will have info about fishing above the lake.
Posted By: Federale

Re: above or below Ganbury - 07/28/16 03:33 PM

Your not likely to find a lot of action above the lake and like was mentioned before, access below is extremely difficult. That's home turf for me and I hardly ever fish it. Believe me I wish it was better.
Posted By: G Love

Re: above or below Ganbury - 07/28/16 07:49 PM

Above gbury sucks this time of year. Not to mention there's tow boats everywhere. Hamm creek is above Whitney btw.
Posted By: DirtyAscendFS12T

Re: above or below Ganbury - 07/28/16 11:56 PM

Ok any spots within an hour of Granbury that will be worth while? I'm trying to convince my buddy to make more frequent trips down here to fish. Any info is greatly appreciated as I'm new to the fishing scene and the areas.
Posted By: G Love

Re: above or below Ganbury - 07/29/16 01:19 PM

Try Wheeler Branch
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: above or below Ganbury - 08/03/16 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: DirtyAscendFS12T
Ok any spots within an hour of Granbury that will be worth while? I'm trying to convince my buddy to make more frequent trips down here to fish. Any info is greatly appreciated as I'm new to the fishing scene and the areas.

Below the PK dam. That's a little more than an hour of Granbury, but not much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum