Texas Fishing Forum

ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak?

Posted By: Jamaica

ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/28/16 03:54 PM

A co-worker is selling his, He paid $1100.00 for it. I asked him about it, he doesn't need it anymore. So is $400.00 a fair price?
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/28/16 04:19 PM

Ask him if you can take it out and paddle it. Be sure it feels right for you. If it doesn't feel right, then no, that is not a fair price. If it feels great and exactly what you wanted, then yes, the price is fair. Ocean Kayak is a good brand that will last you a long time.

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/28/16 04:43 PM

I've never been in a kayak. I was going to get it and try it out on the Frio in a couple weeks. They sell some at tractor supply for 300-400. but they aren't rig up for fishing though.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/28/16 07:42 PM

The Ocean Kayak is a good kayak, but I would still suggest trying it before you buy it.

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/28/16 07:48 PM

Sounds good! Thanks. For the price is that a deal or a average price?
Posted By: Searsay

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/28/16 08:39 PM

Almost everyone here (me included) will encourage you to try before you buy. Different boats feel very different between people and what works for one person may not work for another. Given that you can't "test drive" it. You'll want to make sure you have the exact model and look up how much fiscal sense it makes to purchase at that price - how damaged/used it is.

I personally love ocean kayak's - and own a little ocean kayak frenzy that has been used, abused, and is usually more decked out than it probably should be smile (and my wife loves it to). That said my Sister and dad can't stand using it when they visit.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/29/16 03:00 AM

I have an OK Trident 13 and I love it (I also have two other yaks and a Soloskiff). If it's a recent model and in good shape $400 is a great price.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/29/16 02:12 PM

Buy it!
He won't have a hard time selling at that price!
Posted By: LeHenri

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 06/30/16 02:25 PM

If you don't want it, let him know I do! I am looking for a trident 13 or Ultra.
Posted By: Lost Oki

Re: ocean kayak 13 angler- What is your opinion on this yak? - 07/01/16 02:37 AM

I agree with Searsay, you should try it. I have a Ocean Prowler 13 and love it.
There are 2 13 ft angler yaks on their web. Prowler, 28" wide, Trident, 29" wide. My prowler paddles easy, harder to turn than short yaks not as stable as some of the wider yaks but you would have to work at it to turn it over (unless you hit something).
I have had mine for about 10 years, fishing in several states and paddling for several miles without a problem. Still, try it out, each yak has its own 'personality' and you might not like it. Example, I paddled 4 different yaks and had 2 very experienced paddlers asking me all kinds of questions after each one before I bought mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum