Texas Fishing Forum

Never Wet?

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Never Wet? - 06/28/16 02:46 PM

No this is not about the ex. ha ha.

The product. Someone mentioned using it on your paddle blade.

My question is which product is it? There are several with that name or like names that come up on Amazon.

Which is the right one? And will it discolor my blades?
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Never Wet? - 06/28/16 02:59 PM

The dual can kit from Lowe's is what I use. But it is by no means permanent. By the end of your trip it'll be long gone, and yes it will put a weird film over your paddle. I quit doing it TBH, and I would't waste your time unless it's for certain components.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Never Wet? - 06/28/16 02:59 PM

Well let's remember. You can't put rain-X on your bike windscreen to make it shed water, so we use lemon pledge. There ya go.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Never Wet? - 06/28/16 03:04 PM

It's pricey and doesn't last long, kind of like your ex.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 12:12 AM

I have a buddy who tried it on his carbin fiber werner and it got real foggy. It was rough after time.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 12:30 AM

Paddles are supposed to get wet.
Posted By: Matty

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 12:40 AM

I don't get it. What's the intended benefit of using it?
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 06:02 AM

Rust-O-Leum makes it and you can buy on Amazon or Home Depot or EBay. It does leave a light film on the paddle but it makes the water run off the paddle faster as you lift it from the water on each stroke. I followed the instructions and mine has lasted quite a few trips. I don't use my paddle as a push pole or hit it on anything usually to damage the coating. You just apply more as needed per instructions.
If you constantly get wet from paddling then try it. It can't hurt. Some may no want to put it on a $300 paddle though. For $300 the water better flow off it faster than my $40 paddle with NeverWet.

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 11:00 AM

If you're getting wet from paddling, you probably need to adjust where your drip rings are and/or adjust your paddling technique. How far are you dipping your paddle blades into the water? Are you submerging the base of the blades and the drip rings?

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
It's pricey and doesn't last long, kind of like your ex.

Man aint that the truth.

Just got my new paddle yesterday. It is a high end one so we will see if I have different results.

The old one was a 240 this one is a 260. Think that will help a lot.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 01:53 PM

You can try to place the drip rings anywhere you want and still get wet. It is based on the height of your torso and your arm swing. Simple science. If you need a longer paddle then buy one. It may help. There are articles on proper paddling as well to help you out. Do a search on Google.
But if you need to stop getting wet after you buy a new paddle try NeverWet as an alternative. All I know is it works. Two coats on the paddle blades didn't even dent my cans of stuff. I can use this stuff over and over and over again if I need it. It works.

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05
If you're getting wet from paddling, you probably need to adjust where your drip rings are and/or adjust your paddling technique. How far are you dipping your paddle blades into the water? Are you submerging the base of the blades and the drip rings?

I have a high angle swing and always get dripped on. My tecnique is solid. Its a water sport...you may get wet. Lol
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 02:10 PM

Maybe it's time to buy a boat! wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 03:00 PM

I'm a high angle paddler and never get wet from the paddle. My friend I take along in my second kayak always gets wet.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 03:05 PM

I always get a little wet, but I am sitting in the water.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Never Wet? - 06/29/16 03:14 PM

I don't mind the paddle drippings during the summer. Winter I'm covered up with waders and water proof jacket. Now I don't get a lot of drips and not on every stroke. Not sure if what you're experiencing is normal or more than normal caused by your paddle/technique.

Re: Never Wet? - 06/30/16 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd™
I don't mind the paddle drippings during the summer. Winter I'm covered up with waders and water proof jacket. Now I don't get a lot of drips and not on every stroke. Not sure if what your experiencing is normal or more than normal caused by your paddle/technique.

Got my new all carbon bending branch angler ace paddle in the 260cm lentgh.

I think this will solve my issue. Not gonna be able try it out for a while but I think this is the ticket.
Posted By: YakManPro

Re: Never Wet? - 07/06/16 02:04 AM

Peddle drive smile

Re: Never Wet? - 07/07/16 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210
Originally Posted By: Todd™
I don't mind the paddle drippings during the summer. Winter I'm covered up with waders and water proof jacket. Now I don't get a lot of drips and not on every stroke. Not sure if what your experiencing is normal or more than normal caused by your paddle/technique.

Got my new all carbon bending branch angler ace paddle in the 260cm lentgh.

I think this will solve my issue. Not gonna be able try it out for a while but I think this is the ticket.

Holey smokes thats a long paddle. Imo...that long of a paddle will encourage poor tecnique. More energy will be spent swinging your yak side to side or drag your rudder etc. Paddling is a watersport, you may get wet. Im not poking fun or even saying no improvement can be made with your drip but dont sacrifice good tecnique over a few drips of water
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Never Wet? - 07/11/16 01:52 AM

My natural stroke is a high one, and i get pretty wet from the knees down. If I force myself to a low stroke, I stay a lot dryer. I'm working on training my muscle memory to use the low stroke.
We'll see how that works out, lol.
I may try a little Murphy's oil soap on my blades to see if it makes a difference.

Kirk
Posted By: b737

Re: Never Wet? - 07/11/16 01:24 PM

I use a Werner 260 paddle (low paddle style, Ultimate FX - sits high). and I don't get wet.
Try the "DELTA" drip rings, they work.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Never Wet? - 07/13/16 04:31 AM

Everyone goes through the getting excessive paddle drip when first learning to paddle and I think especially so with the much longer paddles and a more vertical stroke. Making sure you have correct form will help some but depending on the wind direction you may have to change your technique as the wind can blow the drip on to you. Most folks new to paddling don't hold the paddle high enough or in front of them enough. Hands should be at shoulder level and shoulder width apart, elbows never bent past 90 degree angle, granted that there are a lot of strokes used while fishing where form isn't as important. I have limited experience in any of the wider kayaks and higher seating but think the more you practice the shorter the paddle you will want in the future.

Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: Never Wet? - 07/15/16 10:01 PM

Good video. Thanks for posting
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum