Texas Fishing Forum

PFDs

Posted By: txanlger

PFDs - 06/02/16 09:30 PM

I am looking for a quality pfd under $100. What is your favorite?
Posted By: TxFisher96

Re: PFDs - 06/02/16 09:49 PM

I use the blue onyx from academy. Cheap and comfortable, $30
Posted By: kickingback

Re: PFDs - 06/02/16 09:52 PM

Got mine for under $100 from Amazon. This one has lots of pocket space for safety and fishing gear. Comfortable I forget i have it on. Also has waist belt for tighter fit.
NRS Chinook Mesh Back Fishing PFD
Posted By: BKT

Re: PFDs - 06/02/16 11:12 PM

NRS Chinook works for me.
Posted By: pocfishin

Re: PFDs - 06/02/16 11:22 PM

I love my NRS Chinook. Very comfortable and lots of pockets to store stuff.
Posted By: Searsay

Re: PFDs - 06/03/16 03:37 AM

so i personally use something similar to this - http://www.basspro.com/XPS-DualSized-Neoprene-Life-Jacket/product/14082706414117/

I love the looks of the NRS - but general water sport utility outweighs the pockets for me(translation - i'm cheap and prefer to spend my money elsewhere). I avoid inflatables because i kayak... i want something where i can turtle and it still works/is comfortable the rest of the day.

yes they get hot mid summer.. but that's when you just get a bit wet to cool off smile - and mid winter when i'm hitting crappie it's an extra layer of insulation under my wind-breaker.

I look for a decent "active" wear sport life jacket w/ neoprene or similar exterior - watch out for the knock-offs that use canvas or rough stitching as it will rub you raw - especially mid summer when that might be the only upper you wear right against your skin.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: PFDs - 06/03/16 04:11 AM

Notice the the opening for the arms and neck. There r many nice PADDLERS vest available now for yak anglers.
I like a bright colored highback vest like the one shown in the top video.

These are popular too. Self inflating PFDs can be found under or right at $100. especially when on sale:

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum