Texas Fishing Forum

Advice needed for a fishing kayak

Posted By: FireMedic486

Advice needed for a fishing kayak - 05/26/16 11:20 PM

Hello,
I'm new to kayak fishing and have pretty well become addicted. I'm looking to upgrade into a good boat and think I would like a pedal system to allow me more fishing and less paddling. Any thoughts or recommendations? I'm looking to stay under $1000 and will obviously be looking for a used kayak. Thanks
Posted By: FWBanger

Re: Advice needed for a fishing kayak - 05/27/16 01:21 AM

You can't go wrong with a Hobie Outback. It's a good compromise between stable and fast. Look for an older one with the old style seat. Lots of folks are upgrading theirs for the new seat.
Posted By: FireMedic486

Re: Advice needed for a fishing kayak - 05/27/16 01:07 PM

Thank you
Posted By: skeeteroneal

Re: Advice needed for a fishing kayak - 05/27/16 01:59 PM

FWBanger hit the nail on the head. The Outback is awesome. There are some shallow places I fish that I still use my Coosa but overall my Outback is the yak that hits the water. I preferred the new seat on the 15 but that isn't in your price range. You might be able to find a used one for what you are wanting to spend.
Posted By: BruceV9er

Re: Advice needed for a fishing kayak - 05/27/16 04:47 PM

I've enjoyed two different types of pedal systems kayaks: Native and Hobies. All are good. I enjoyed my PA14 but weight was one of the biggest obstacles I had to overcome. Went with smaller pedal versions of Hobies and settled with the Outback series. Great for rivers, oceans and lakes. Simply put....all around kayak IMO thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum