Texas Fishing Forum

White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course

Posted By: tonyp

White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 04:49 PM

Has anyone fished this area from a yak? I want to launch from swan lake park area, is it worth the struggle to launch and carry a yak? Will they try to run me off???
Posted By: J Barlow

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 05:20 PM

I definitely would not recommend doing this.
I bet you would not get 2 seconds in before getting run off.

Although I wish we could do it.

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 06:01 PM

But it's public waterway...don't certain laws apply?

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 06:51 PM

It is confusing at best.
TPWD

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 07:08 PM

I found a small group of peeps on a Google search that kayak the entire creek with no issues...I'm gonna try it...

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 07:20 PM

Let me know how it goes but don't call me if you get arrested...LOL!

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 08:13 PM

I will, I am going to try it Saturday or tuesday
Posted By: MtnDew

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 09:16 PM

I am not sure where swan lake park is couldn't find it on the map.

I do know that the Creek is dammed up at the Royal Oaks Gold Course just 100 yards upstream from Greenvile rd bridge. I don't think you could navigate over the DAM safely.

Also, I have waded the creek from Harry Moss Park , under the greenville bride and fished close to their DAM and got hollered at. More than 1 golfer said I shouldn't be there and many times I almost got hit by golf balls. I don't think they were intentionally trying to hit me, just some bad golfers that didn't clear the creek.

Good Luck, be safe.

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/26/16 11:34 PM

I'm talking about the other side of the golf course, you can launch over off forest lane, there's a parking lot and some walking trails
Posted By: Clayak

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/27/16 12:15 PM

I pass over forest lane and that creek 3 times a week. Everytime I Still get flush with excitement waiting for my confidence to get up enough to try and run those little butt rapids by the bridge.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/27/16 09:41 PM

I have done this just at different parts of the creek. It's totally legal just watch out for flying golf balls! Some of the holes cross directly over the creek so the guys that suck.....yea they hit it into the creek so keep your head on a swivel! I have been below the dam and FYI there is nowhere to portage your yak over it so you'd have to paddle back upstream which if you go on a day when it has not rained for a week you can paddle back up easily. I have done this on other parts of WRC farther upstream. Caught some nice bass and it's some GREAT catfishing. If you decide to go starting in May and later give me a shout I'd love to join, or if you want to do the same thing on a different part of the creek, my apartment has access to a similar dammed stretch that goes through a golf course.

Eric

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/28/16 04:47 PM

Eric I'll take you up on that, you'll be hearing from me soon!
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: White rock creek, Royal oaks golf course - 04/28/16 09:00 PM

Look forward to it!

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum