Texas Fishing Forum

How I started my day

Posted By: Fish Comedian

How I started my day - 04/10/16 11:50 PM

Great start to my day on Dangerfield Lake

Managed some bass and a Pickerel. also shared some time with an otter who caught bigger fish than me.
Posted By: addicted

Re: How I started my day - 04/11/16 01:50 AM

I'm hoping to see that in a couple of weeks. If you don't mind sharing, what baits did you use? I really want to catch a pickerel.

Thanks

Re: How I started my day - 04/11/16 02:14 AM

I've caught pickerel on ribbit frogs, usually the ribbits were submerged as I stopped to do something or another, and when I picked up the slack they would hit it or had it in their mouth. This trip they hit swim baits, One a lake fork swim bait in perch colors on a owner brand "flashy swimmer" hook. the other was a zoom super fluke jr in a shad color. on the last trip they would hit about 4-5 from the kayak. Set the hook hard they have tough mouths. they also have lots of sharp teeth, so no lipping them. The bass were not hitting hard. The only way you knew they bit was when the line felt heavier the normal. I also had a lot of they just grab the tail of the bait. Hope this helps. good luck.
Posted By: Superslab

Re: How I started my day - 04/11/16 12:57 PM

Nice! I love sunrise on the yak.

What size bass have you caught there? Dangerfield looks like a nice manageable body of water for a kayak.

Re: How I started my day - 04/11/16 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Superslab
Nice! I love sunrise on the yak.

What size bass have you caught there? Dangerfield looks like a nice manageable body of water for a kayak.

Dangerfield is great for a kayak. 85 acre lake that has a no wake limit in place. so no bigger boats or waverunners buzzing by. The bass have not been there like in the past. the largest I caught was about 20 " on a ribbit frog.(not on this trip). The park rangers have a biologist on site working to come up with a solution. this park is a very popular swimming hole. The water is usually very clear. There was lots of pollen on the water from the trees.
Posted By: Superslab

Re: How I started my day - 04/11/16 07:58 PM

Thanks for the input - I've added it to my list to eventually check out.

Re: How I started my day - 04/11/16 08:22 PM

you can go in the fall say first week of November. The colors of the fall foliage make it worth the trip itself. It does not disappoint.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum