Texas Fishing Forum

Any Kayakers fishing the Crappiefest this weekend at Lake Fork?

Posted By: Carver

Any Kayakers fishing the Crappiefest this weekend at Lake Fork? - 03/30/16 07:02 PM

I had really hoped to go pre-fish, but work has me heading down at the last minute. Surprisingly, The minnow bucket still has a few tent spaces available right on the water.

The wind ( under 10 MPH from NNW ) and weather ( Partly cloudy with a high of 72 ) will be great kayaking weather !

If you hadn't considered fishing it, the biggest crappie of the day pays $5000.00 Minimum. If you are a CAT member add another $1000, If it weighs over three lbs, add another $4000. A single fish could pay a CAT member $10,000.00. $50 individual entry fee and $25 CAT membership fee ( not required to fish the tourney ) to make the extra payout if you win. Top ten fish get nice checks. The closest fish to any quarter pound weight from 1 lb up to 2 lbs get $250 for being closest plus another $250 if it hits right on the money to 2 decimals.

http://72.52.172.52/~crappieanglersof/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2016-Crappiefest-Poster.pdf for details.

The weigh in time on the poster is wrong and is actually 2:00 PM

Weigh in is at "the Minnow Bucket" and you can register the day before at that location from 5-6 PM or the morning of the tourney from 6-7 AM.

Hope to see another yak or two there !
Posted By: Tspurgin26

Re: Any Kayakers fishing the Crappiefest this weekend at Lake Fork? - 04/01/16 01:04 AM

Me and a buddy will be there in kayaks as well!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum