Texas Fishing Forum

Upgraded

Posted By: greenyak

Upgraded - 03/14/16 03:51 AM

Upgraded from my pelican castaway to the slayer propel 13. Took it out for a short spin today.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Upgraded - 03/14/16 08:54 AM

Sweet!!! Congrats!!!
Posted By: NjTexan

Re: Upgraded - 03/14/16 09:58 AM

The Propel is a game changer. You're going to love that boat.
Congratulations
Posted By: yakintime

Re: Upgraded - 03/14/16 02:24 PM

What a great towing vehicle!
Thanks and congratulations!
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Upgraded - 03/14/16 02:37 PM

Do you pull the Slayer with the bike too?! thumb

Re: Upgraded - 03/14/16 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Rhino68W
Do you pull the Slayer with the bike too?! thumb
no I sold the bike.
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Upgraded - 03/15/16 04:35 PM

Nice upgrade, that's the Cadillac of Yaks.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Upgraded - 03/15/16 04:48 PM

Great choice!

Watch this video of Tony's where he recently took his new 2016 Hobie PA 14 out with a friend in his new Slayer Propel 13 . . . into the saltwater.

Since the two vessels are cruising together, fishing together, enduring the same winds (heavy that day) and currents, you can get a very good actual comparison.

And, note that Tony pulls out and wade fishes up in the marshes while his friend appears rock-solid, held in place in the background of the video.

No "dis" here regarding the PA 14 as it is arguably the finest of the really large and heavy kayaks set up for fishing. They are great kayaks; this just shows there are a few other ways to make a kayak great for fishing.

Enjoy the fishing video!

Brad

Video of PA 14 and Slayer Propel 13 fishing together

Re: Upgraded - 03/21/16 12:19 PM

The slayer propel work fine in the creeks also. I was told it wouldn't be good to use in the creeks. Just watch for stumps.
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Upgraded - 03/22/16 02:05 AM

I like those Slayer Propel's awesome kayaks for sure! I just can't believe that dude was wind surfing in March! The water is still way to chilly to be doing that stuff if you ask me. Crazy!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum