Texas Fishing Forum

Sunday Feb 21 wind forecast has dropped --- Wheeler Branch

Posted By: Brad R

Sunday Feb 21 wind forecast has dropped --- Wheeler Branch - 02/19/16 03:44 PM

I keep an eye out on the wind over on windfinder.com.

On Sunday, I see winds more or less around 9 to 10 mph down in Granbury. I use Granbury for its proximity to Wheeler Branch where no readings are available.

And, at least for now, this same site shows a slight chance of rain beginning early in the afternoon but picking up toward the late afternoon. Temps show hitting around 69 at noon, then the temp falling a few degrees over the afternoon.

Wheeler Branch might be a great opportunity especially if the bass have begun moving into the shallows. To make matters even better, it appears it will be slightly overcast, cloudy.

I think I have to be there!

Brad
Posted By: Federale

Re: Sunday Feb 21 wind forecast has dropped --- Wheeler Branch - 02/19/16 07:24 PM

I was glad to see the wind forecast drop as well. I would like to head to wheeler myself but looks like I will be out on Granbury.
Posted By: Canoe-Yak Fisherman

Re: Sunday Feb 21 wind forecast has dropped --- Wheeler Branch - 02/20/16 01:08 AM

Hey Brad, Think you are just trying to make a last few runs to your honey hole before the big move! S winds forecast still higher than I like to fish at Wheeler. Don't have a plan, yet, but maybe Cleburne S.P. again, or maybe Aquilla.

D.L.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Sunday Feb 21 wind forecast has dropped --- Wheeler Branch - 02/20/16 03:20 AM

D.L.,

Yes! I'd sure like to be on Wheeler Branch when the bass move into the shallows and start feeding. Just guessing that this will occur between now, with the warm days, and maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

One could get bit hard all the way around the lake last year. A friend and I cruised around it in my Meyers Sportspal canoe and caught a lot of fish.

Windfinder.com shows 10 mph at 9 AM dropping down to 9 mph by 3 PM, more or less most of our fishing "time" windows. And, there is a chance of light rain according to what I see now.

That really is very manageable on Wheeler.

Yes! Can't wait to try out the new home lake.

Brad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum