Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for my 2nd kayak Ocean Kayak prowler 13?

Posted By: howie1968

Looking for my 2nd kayak Ocean Kayak prowler 13? - 02/14/16 02:11 AM

Im looking for my 2nd kayak the ocean kayak prowler 13 looks nice. academy has them marked down to 599.00 it will be soley a fishing kayak in ponds inshore possibley some bays once i get more profficient. any advice will be welcome
Posted By: ETX_Chad

Re: Looking for my 2nd kayak Ocean Kayak prowler 13? - 02/14/16 01:53 PM

Its a great boat. Very stable and can handle a ton of weight but still easy to paddle for such a big boat.

NOTE - I have the Big Game Prowler II. I previously owned a Prowler and the biggest difference and the main reason I went with the II is the FRAMED SEAT. It is not even possible to tell you how much better the high/low framed seat is than the old cushion seats. I bought the in store display from Anglers Pro Tackle in FTW a year ago and paid just over $800 for it. I am sure you can find a similar deal. In my opinion you should look around for the Prowler II with the framed seat.
Posted By: howie1968

Re: Looking for my 2nd kayak Ocean Kayak prowler 13? - 02/14/16 04:34 PM

Thanks chad ill do that. i appreciate the advice
Posted By: Lost Oki

Re: Looking for my 2nd kayak Ocean Kayak prowler 13? - 02/14/16 11:38 PM

Have had my prowler 13 for 10 yrs, paddles easy, tracks good, have not seen the Prowler II but thats a good price on the Prowler 13.
Have not had mine in salt water but have fished several large lakes in Indiana, NC and Tx. Does very well in rough water.
Posted By: KBW

Re: Looking for my 2nd kayak Ocean Kayak prowler 13? - 02/15/16 04:56 PM

I'm wanting to sell my drifter and buy a prowler. Saw one at academy for 699
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum