Texas Fishing Forum

fishin this weekend?

Posted By: jasoniam

fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 12:55 PM

Where ya goin and who wants to meet up? I am thinkin Saturday of getting out there.....not sure where yet!! Any ideas?
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 02:06 PM

Sunday I will be getting on Benbrook
Posted By: justindfw

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 02:14 PM

Sunday thinking of the Brazos above whitney

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 02:15 PM

I'm tempted to do Kings Creek off cedar creek but not sure where to put in at!! Would like to find the hybrids and or Crappies!! but will settle fur sum sandies!!
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 02:45 PM

You bought a kayak Jason?

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 03:17 PM

Yessir
Posted By: Brad R

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 07:10 PM

Sunday will be the better day based on wind forecasts. Saturday will be blowing up to 20 mph, Sunday will supposedly top out with 13 mph winds.

And, Sunday will be 9 degrees warmer.

I am greatly tempted to run down to Wheeler Branch. Last weekend from the bank, it was really bad as the fish seemed to be out deep, out of range. I'd like to drop shot the island, maybe work the rip rap off the dam and even try some deeper water drops.

I am also interested in Cedar Lake down in Cleburne State Park. I really think that looked like a nice place, too, likely less susceptible to the wind than many lakes, larger ones for sure.

Rhino, what are you going to target on Benbrook? Where and what time do you get started?

Brad
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: fishin this weekend? - 02/05/16 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
Rhino, what are you going to target on Benbrook? Where and what time do you get started?

Brad

I will be trying Holiday Park (to see if it's open) then fishing the nearby timber for LMB. If all else fails I will tie on a roadrunner and try for some crappie. I still have yet to catch a single fish from Benbrook, although I have only been twice and those were both in the winter.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum