Texas Fishing Forum

Transducer mounting help (different)

Posted By: bigbass87

Transducer mounting help (different) - 02/01/16 03:04 PM

I know this topic is discussed very often, but I feel like my situation is a little different and I could use some help. I just bought a used Lowrance mark 4x dsi, my first FF with DI. The factory bracket up top is broken off. I bought the finder thinking, oh well if I can't have the bracket, I will just glue it in hull. Problem is the transducer is kind of round, so I'm not sure gluing will be a good option. Any ideas of mounting this transducer without brackets will be much appreciated. I've got an idea in my head of using zip ties and pvc pipe. The guy I bought it from had it mounted on his trolling motor with clamps and a little epoxy. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: pelican

Re: Transducer mounting help (different) - 02/01/16 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass87
I know this topic is discussed very often, but I feel like my situation is a little different and I could use some help. I just bought a used Lowrance mark 4x dsi, my first FF with DI. The factory bracket up top is broken off. I bought the finder thinking, oh well if I can't have the bracket, I will just glue it in hull. Problem is the transducer is kind of round, so I'm not sure gluing will be a good option. Any ideas of mounting this transducer without brackets will be much appreciated. I've got an idea in my head of using zip ties and pvc pipe. The guy I bought it from had it mounted on his trolling motor with clamps and a little epoxy. Thanks for any help.

wopics
Posted By: bigbass87

Re: Transducer mounting help (different) - 02/01/16 03:20 PM

Lol I'll try and get a picture up later.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum