Texas Fishing Forum

Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night

Posted By: Rhino68W

Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/26/16 03:07 PM

Some of you may remember the thread about me considering selling my FS12T. I did it. Pending selling some more gear today I will be going to get it tomorrow night or possibly even Saturday sometime to be able to fish Sunday with the great weather. I am pretty freaking excited to be honest!
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/26/16 03:18 PM

Woot Woot!!! congrats!!! The H12 looks to be a much better river yak too!!!

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/26/16 03:23 PM

That's what I am thinking. I am just hoping it is a little faster and easier to paddle than the barge I had before.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/27/16 07:25 PM

I've only seen pictures of the H12 but it looks very similar to my Wilderness Systems Commander 120, and you should enjoy it as much as I do my Commander.
You'll be amazed at the stability and how much gear you can carry and not feel crowded, because of the ease of access with the open deck space.

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/27/16 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
I've only seen pictures of the H12 but it looks very similar to my Wilderness Systems Commander 120, and you should enjoy it as much as I do my Commander.
You'll be amazed at the stability and how much gear you can carry and not feel crowded, because of the ease of access with the open deck space.

I am heading to get it tonight. I will have it on the water Sunday and those advantages you just mentioned are the exact reason I went for this one. Plus I can only imagine it will be a little faster and track better than my old FS12T
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/27/16 08:25 PM

Looks like a Native FX12 also. You will be pleased I bet. Congrats!
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/28/16 03:33 AM

Congrats rhino!

wopics
Posted By: Poor man fishing

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/28/16 06:07 AM

Can u put some pics up pleez I wanna see,I gottaFS12 N I don't like it!
Posted By: Poor man fishing

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/28/16 06:07 AM

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/28/16 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Poor man fishing

I will be making a "first impression" video of it this weekend so keep an eye out on here and Facebook.
Posted By: cricman

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 01/30/16 10:57 PM

I went and checked them out today and I am getting tempted. I was looking at the Commander 120, and this appears to take the right design ques that the Commander and other hybrid designs are using. It seems well made and amply sturdy. I like the open concept and the seat will fit in the bottom of my Old Town 119. I can' t wait for the first impressions.

cricman

Re: Might be going to pick up the new Ascend H12 tomorrow night - 02/01/16 01:44 PM

Well guys, I didn't make a video like I had promised this trip. Next week I will be going to a lake instead of the trinity so I will be able to pull up somewhere and shoot a video. All in all I was impressed with the H12. Very sturdy, dry, and comfortable.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum