Texas Fishing Forum

Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River

Posted By: GoodOleG

Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 12/10/15 09:21 PM

Had a great day on the Brazos yesterday catching multiple species of fish! Video recap below!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: MtnDew

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 12/10/15 10:34 PM

I am planning to go out Friday and get there by lunch time. The few times I have been there I didn't fish much north of the bridge in that river lane or the big open area before you go up the right side, the curve over left and there is that deep hole before the first rocks and rapids before the dam pools. I pretty much go straight to the pools.

From you video it looks like you got into some striper in that big open area just north of the bridge, did I read the video right ? Just curious which area to concentrate since I only have half a day.

Any advice ?

-thanks
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 12/11/15 03:36 AM

Nice video.Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 12/11/15 05:29 AM

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. coolio
Posted By: formula462

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 12/11/15 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: MtnDew
I am planning to go out Friday and get there by lunch time. The few times I have been there I didn't fish much north of the bridge in that river lane or the big open area before you go up the right side, the curve over left and there is that deep hole before the first rocks and rapids before the dam pools. I pretty much go straight to the pools.

From you video it looks like you got into some striper in that big open area just north of the bridge, did I read the video right ? Just curious which area to concentrate since I only have half a day
Yes try that area...striper, whites

-thanks
Posted By: GoodOleG

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 12/11/15 04:26 PM

There are fish stacked from the put in at 16 all the way to the dam. They move around in different holding spots according to the flow. Just have to locate them. Tight lines!!!
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 01/06/16 02:14 AM

Good pictures and a good video! Love that song on the video.

texas texas
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Kayak Fly Fishing Brazos River - 01/06/16 02:26 AM

awesome
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum