Texas Fishing Forum

New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag?

Posted By: C-Frog

New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/09/15 03:41 PM

I am a big fan of kayak preparedness, and being ready for the unknown. Check out my new article of YakSmack about what I keep in my kayak prep bag.

http://www.yaksmack.com/2015/12/whats-in-bag.html
Posted By: District Paddle

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/10/15 05:23 AM

Nice work, Cody.

Always good to have some safety items on board, particularly during the cold season.

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/10/15 01:41 PM

Thanks Dean! Better to be prepared than sorry.
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/10/15 02:07 PM

very cool!

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/10/15 03:26 PM

Thanks for reading!
Posted By: weklfrog

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/10/15 03:57 PM

Good ideas Cody. Another thing that is easy to carry for a fire starter is some cotton balls and vaseline. Dab some vaeline on the cotton balls and they are easy to light and will burn long enough with the vaseline to usually get some wood going. The cotton balls can be prepared ahead of time and kept in a ziplock bag. Rolling the prepared cotton ball in some course wood chips adds some extra fuel.
Posted By: District Paddle

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/10/15 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: weklfrog
Good ideas Cody. Another thing that is easy to carry for a fire starter is some cotton balls and vaseline. Dab some vaeline on the cotton balls and they are easy to light and will burn long enough with the vaseline to usually get some wood going. The cotton balls can be prepared ahead of time and kept in a ziplock bag. Rolling the prepared cotton ball in some course wood chips adds some extra fuel.

These are great for starting your grill, smoker, and fireplace too.
Posted By: MGStrong

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/11/15 02:05 PM

Thanks for posting Cody. Some good ideas here. I pack a lot of the same things, but the dryer lint is a new one on me and I couldn't agree more on the LifeStraw, pedialyte and leatherman.

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/11/15 03:26 PM

Thanks for reading man, The lifestraw should be a must for every kayak angler, especially in Texas. I pretty much drink Pedialyte all summer long anyways to stay hydrated, it doesnt have the sugar that Gatorade does.
Posted By: JHBoat

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/11/15 04:03 PM

The only thing I would add would be a signaling mirror and a compass. Great post, can't be too prepared.

Re: New YakSmack Post: Whats in the bag? - 12/11/15 05:09 PM

Compass would be handy as well, i would probably use my flashlight as a signaling device if needed. Thanks for reading!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum