Texas Fishing Forum

Below Lake Whitney Friday Morning Cool Weather Kayaking Open Invite

Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Below Lake Whitney Friday Morning Cool Weather Kayaking Open Invite - 11/13/15 01:50 AM

Is anyone going below Whitney on the Brazos in the morning. It appears they have generated electricity yesterday and today after almost a week of releasing a lot of water. Hopefully the fishing will be good tomorrow! I plan on going in the morning and fishing around the dam if they reduce the flow during the night.
You can check out the flow at http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?gage=aqlt2&wfo=fwd

texas
Posted By: Federale

Re: Below Lake Whitney Friday Morning Cool Weather Kayaking Open Invite - 11/13/15 04:43 AM

I wish I were. Wednesday was my day but they were still releasing over 5k cfs. Looks like that's what it's at now. Hopefully you have better luck and wake up to a manageable flow.
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: Below Lake Whitney Friday Morning Cool Weather Kayaking Open Invite - 11/13/15 10:31 PM

Below the dam at Whitney didn't work out this morning. The gate to Riverside Park was locked so I couldn't launch my yak. I went to the Southside of the dam to see about getting on the bank to fly fish but didn't feel good about being in a place I couldn't see my truck and kayak from where I would be fishing. About that time, a little after 8 this morning, the horn sounded and about 10 minutes later the horn sounded again and the water release started. Pretty impressive sight to see the water being released. I'll try again next week but will make sure I know the gate is open at Riverside Park.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Below Lake Whitney Friday Morning Cool Weather Kayaking Open Invite - 11/14/15 04:03 AM

If the gate was open would you have been on the water when the alarm sounded? Maybe you were fortunate!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum